Jet Buster - Out and $6.99 Till November 1

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
clippa

Re: Jet Buster - Out and $6.99 Till November 1

Post by clippa »

Played this today, 1CC'd all 4 modes
:lol: Skills! Here's me still plugging away at standard mode after 20 hours.

Love this game so much! Yeah, Arashi was a game changer for me, I always used the lass but when I finally took the plunge and got used to his speed, I was blasting my scores.

I really love the risk/reward of pushing your luck with the medal system, is there enough time left in the stage to build up to the next medal rank, or do I start cashing out now?
Do I want to play it safe and use my focus shot during this tricky bit or suck in all the medals?

Really fun game, seems to have flown under the radar for a lot of folk which is a shame.

edit: Always wondered if it was just me. Do you think the first stage tune sounds a lot like this? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbRkT4UBFQ
It's a beatles cover but it's this version in particular that was ringing that distant bell.

I apologise in advance if this brings the lawyers out of the woodwork :lol: S̶o̶n̶y̶ the chaz n dave estate are very litigious.
Gertcha!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Thanks, I got a LOT better very quickly when I realized bombs have a ton of invulnerability - you can pretty much sit on top of a lot of bosses and blow them away. :lol:
Do I want to play it safe and use my focus shot during this tricky bit or suck in all the medals?
I highly recommend you minimize how often you manually suck in medals. Your focus shot takes time to generate the aura, and your focus shot is much, much weaker than your rapid shot if using it alone. Just keep moving around the screen with your rapid shot while tapping focus shot to overlap and fire it together, you'll turn all the coins into medals which drop much slower and can be manually collected quite easily without needing the aura, while keeping your damage and coverage up which protects you from other enemies onscreen.

If you just hold focus shot and try to vacuum in medals, your focus shot is weak enough that you'll be overwhelmed eventually by enemies.

Wow, that song really does sound a lot like the stage 1 track. :shock:
clippa

Post by clippa »

Good advice, I can feel the urge to fire this up again.