Mobile shmups - do you play them?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Goompaolo9500

Re: Mobile shmups - do you play them?

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

el_rika wrote:Managed to completely blow away my previous PB (around 2.5 mil) in Dodonpachi level 1 :D

Now i'm trying a bit of Danmaku Unlimited 2 lite, but i find the full touch controls really awkward campared to the touchpad from the emulators. I just need to get used to it i guess.
MAME on PC is better.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Mobile gaming for me is going to meet someone not in my house and playing games with them.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
el_rika wrote:Managed to completely blow away my previous PB (around 2.5 mil) in Dodonpachi level 1 :D

Now i'm trying a bit of Danmaku Unlimited 2 lite, but i find the full touch controls really awkward campared to the touchpad from the emulators. I just need to get used to it i guess.
MAME on PC is better.
can not play mame on PC on the bus and in my work breaks though
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Currently playing CAVE Danmaku Shmups on iOS, I had everything except Mushihimesama Futari Black Label. Best of these times I beat ultra mode in Futari, 2-ALL in Dodonpachi Daioujou(w/TLB) and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu(w/o TLB) and what is in common, no miss on the final bosses. Almost no miss for Daioujou. I beat Espgaluda II without losing lives. So much for CAVE but it will not be long until everyone switches to iOS 11. I had Aka To Blue in response to that and made by the old developers of CAVE. I am also currently playing Danmaku Unlimited 3, .Decluster Zero(Referencing Radiant Silvergun/Ikaruga/Giga Wing) and Operation Dracula. They are 64-bit while CAVE STGs are 32-bit; not compatible with iOS 11 as it will not work.

Please go to this thread that I made regarding CAVE STGs only working up to iOS 10. iOS 10 was the last one to support 32-bit.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60879
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Yeah I tried the Striker's 1945 original. Utter sh*te. Port should have been done by Mobrix.

Speaking of up and coming Mobile gaming, anyone know any details on Tatsujin aka Truxton. Just seen this on Google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y.Tatsujin
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Mills wrote:Yeah I tried the Striker's 1945 original. Utter sh*te. Port should have been done by Mobrix.

Speaking of up and coming Mobile gaming, anyone know any details on Tatsujin aka Truxton. Just seen this on Google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y.Tatsujin
Bootleg?

Farewell.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Ain't touching it with a virtual d-pad, fuck that.
jeffmadriaga

Post by jeffmadriaga »

Does anyone have any personal experience with android bluetooth split controllers? The kind of one which has a spring/rachet, instead of a hinge. The reason being i might want to play tate AND yoko. It might make mobile gaming more bearable
Mills

Post by Mills »

Mero wrote:Ain't touching it with a virtual d-pad, fuck that.
Yeah I noticed that. I've send PJ an email to shed some light on this.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

jeffmadriaga wrote:Does anyone have any personal experience with android bluetooth split controllers? The kind of one which has a spring/rachet, instead of a hinge. The reason being i might want to play tate AND yoko. It might make mobile gaming more bearable
I just use a Gamesir G3s gamepad with my android devices when playing STGs on 'em: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wirele ... amesir+g4s It's works like a charm (even with android tablets as well).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Irghen

Post by Irghen »

Mero wrote:Bit late to the party but I've been hammering Bullet Hell Monday lately, great game.
This game is just beautiful, I've been trying shmups on touch screen for a while, and this one truly gets the controls. Feels as precise as my arcade stick. Upgrade and progression systems are really well done and provide a ton of content and replayability. Dropped a few bucks to the dev as I was feeling guilty for enjoying it as much as I was for free.

Boss music is pure hype and an excellent fit.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Got an email response from PJ, and he's hoping to have it completed by around April 2018, though he stressed that he other more important projects than this. But he wants it to play like the original coin up but the stages will be shorter length for mobile play.
blackpawn

Post by blackpawn »

If you're looking for a new mobile shmup to try out, I posted the first version of mine over the holiday! It's a pretty simple endless vertical shmup with a retro vector-display style.

I love fast paced shmups on mobile with direct touch input. Being able to move your ship around the screen as fast as you can move your hand I think is a nice contrast to arcade and console shmups where movement speed can be pretty limited by comparison.

Anyway, here's development thread if you're interested :)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60724

Mills

Post by Mills »

Test beta version of Tatsujin/Truxton is now available to play via Google Play. Surprisingly smooth for beta version. Don't like the D-pad but it's easy to get used to for both tapping and sliding the controls.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Mills wrote:Test beta version of Tatsujin/Truxton is now available to play via Google Play. Surprisingly smooth for beta version. Don't like the D-pad but it's easy to get used to for both tapping and sliding the controls.
The arcade version is better.

Farewell.
Metalsludge

Post by Metalsludge »

I consider using an arcade stick and such part of the overall experience, so a mobile game would not appeal much to me. If I'm in the midst of a commute or whatever, am more likely to be reading news stories and such rather than mobile gaming anyway.

Curiously, some arcade classics of surprising variety have appeared on mobile though, including the old laserdisk games, and I'm all for it if it exposes more people to them, even if it's not my thing.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

I've been playing Nokogi Rider these past few days and it's a good game. It has a great sense of impact and the overall polish is great. It is very, very difficult though. I have yet to reach level 5 on Beginner. Ninja difficulty is madness. Anyone played it?
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

el_rika wrote:I've been playing Nokogi Rider these past few days and it's a good game. It has a great sense of impact and the overall polish is great. It is very, very difficult though. I have yet to reach level 5 on Beginner. Ninja difficulty is madness. Anyone played it?
Is that a shmup?

Farewell.
Kaleb Parham

Post by Kaleb Parham »

Yeah, but not like that. I play them mostly as a quick something to do, but not as a arcade type shmup. Most of the phone shmups I've played are from china and are okish at best. I also have a really good free-to-play shmup with the Gunbird and 1945 stages, which is actually really fun, and Galaga Wars, which is cool too.

Really, with mobile shmups, it's just got be to be about blowing stuff up and updating your ship constantly. Controls and depth are normally lacking, so again, it's fun for quick burst when I'm on the toilet or something.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
el_rika wrote:I've been playing Nokogi Rider these past few days and it's a good game. It has a great sense of impact and the overall polish is great. It is very, very difficult though. I have yet to reach level 5 on Beginner. Ninja difficulty is madness. Anyone played it?
Is that a shmup?
Yes, of course

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... OT04&hl=en
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Nokogi Rider, Level 3 on Soldier (medium) difficulty - no death. Except for the bosses, this level is pretty difficult. I can only imagine the Ninja difficutly :shock:

https://youtu.be/P-0-0wKA1tw
extend

Post by extend »

To be perfectly honest: everything that tries to emulate a pad/stick on mobile is dead to me. I tolerate touch controls like Aka To Blue uses, it feels genuine enough (still would prefer a non mobile version of this).
Maybe it's just old age.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

blackpawn wrote:If you're looking for a new mobile shmup to try out, I posted the first version of mine over the holiday! It's a pretty simple endless vertical shmup with a retro vector-display style.

I love fast paced shmups on mobile with direct touch input. Being able to move your ship around the screen as fast as you can move your hand I think is a nice contrast to arcade and console shmups where movement speed can be pretty limited by comparison.

Anyway, here's development thread if you're interested :)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60724

That's Zero Vector. First time playing it and it supports iOS 7 to iOS 11 because iOS 7 is the first with 64 bit. i enjoyed it that I survived longer for this.

I am not sure if you remember this:

S.T.G. by keiichi tago
https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/s-t-g/id1341435193?mt=8

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

el_rika wrote:
Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Is that a shmup?
Yes, of course

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... OT04&hl=en
At second thought, old apps have been removed from Google Play. Never ever support below Android 4.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Gespenst wrote:RayForce for Android is out now, the iOS one has been updated too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o.rayforce
Of course. Even RayStorm along with the new one, RayCrisis.

The best part: Its dedicated page for Ray’z Mobile Ports (including Takeshi’s Challenge and Time Gal) known as TAITO CLASSICS.
https://www.taito.co.jp/classics

Farewell.
crazyrexz

Post by crazyrexz »

plan to play raiden legacy by dotemu on android, but the credits is limited forcing me to stopped in middle, any body have the trick/hack credits? root ready
FRO

Post by FRO »

I saw a review of this bad boy on YouTube yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/Ocamo-Bluetooth- ... B07CTDTN65

Works with IOS and Android, and looks to be a decent way to play shmups on the go. I've been seriously thinking about going back to Android for my next phone, and I know there are a LOT of shmups on the Google Play store. This could be a decent way to play those.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

I don't think many of the android shmups are compatible with a controller.

(and honestly, iOS is where the true shmups are...well, an iOS device with below iOS11)