Danmaku Unlimited 3 - Releasing 2017/03/09

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Danmaku Unlimited 3 - Releasing 2017/03/09

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The latest update for the Switch port of Danmaku Unlimited 3 brings it to version 1.1.1 (it was previously at version 1.1.0a during the major last update) at the latest with HD Rumble added in (and selectable within the options screen) -- if it's implemented from the get-go, the different rumble effects are slight and doesn't detract from the already stellar gameplay. Rumble effects can be turned off completely if so desired which is a plus in my book.

In regards to wide mode setting, the resulting screen will be displayed just a tad bit bigger with borders for both top/bottom and sides. If turned off, it will give you the full tate'd screen as originally presented if played on a 16:10 aspect ratio PC LCD monitor setup with HDMI input.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
WMD

Post by WMD »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:The latest update for the Switch port of Danmaku Unlimited 3 brings it to version 1.1.1
Hm. The itch-release is still stuck at 1.0.4 :|
(Sometimes, in weak moments, I wished people would make more of an effort to keep their releases in sync over platforms, but then I typically realize why that is a fever dream)
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

Heads up, Danmaku Unlimited 3 for Switch is getting a physical release tomorrow:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 8988023810

Thankfully Limited Run Games aren't doing their usual shite with this one, and actually opening pre-orders for 2 weeks.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

This month, I'm hosting a high score challenge for DU3 on the /r/shmups subreddit if anyone wants to enter.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

For the EXA Arcadia version, I wonder what went from name being Valkyrius and then Akyrios EXA?

The creator of the game must know.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

MrJBRPG wrote:For the EXA Arcadia version, I wonder what went from name being Valkyrius and then Akyrios EXA?
Maybe just a misspelling error or something with copyright/publisher rights
Working in the japanese language achievement
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

jandrogo wrote:
MrJBRPG wrote:For the EXA Arcadia version, I wonder what went from name being Valkyrius and then Akyrios EXA?
Maybe just a misspelling error or something with copyright/publisher rights
Publishing case maybe.

However, I saw a banner for that game from one of the pictures at JAEPO 2019 and it is indeed to be Akyrios EXA.

It is best that the makers answer the question.