Danmaku Unlimited 3 - Releasing 2017/03/09

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cee
Banned User

Re: Danmaku Unlimited 3 - Releasing 2017/03/09

Post by Cee »

Bananamatic wrote:
Cee wrote:Is my pc a shitter or is this game meant to have a bum load of slowdown?
now I remember, are you playing in fullscreen or not
it seemed to lag a bit for me when windowed
I tried windowed and fullscreen tate with not much difference, doesn't seem much different from vids i've watched though and i do have a pathological hatred of slowdown both fake and otherwise so maybe it's just that either way whatever aside from aesthetics the games not really interesting me much.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Played DU 2 Burst Mode and 3 Spirit Mode so I can confirm - stages and enemies are the same, slow movement is still works. But it's so easy to screw up your score due to DDP like chain bar in DU3. Boss patterns is much trickier and since you don't have a beam you can't cancel bullets like crazy. And less amount of resources also makes DU3 much harder to clear.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Hard difficulty was patched into Graze mode. Now let's hope something is done about the lazer sound and the bonus item opacity ..
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Some questions related to the upcoming Danmaku Unlimited 3 Swtich port:

1.) When will Danmaku Unlimited 3 be released on the Nintendo Switch platform?

2.) How much will it cost?

3.) Will it be released as a digital game download or will it be released as a bonafide Switch cartridge complete with Switch game clamshell case?

4.) Will there be an option to tate the screen so that you can play DU3 in vertical screen format? (It'd certainly be a first for a true bullet hell shmup on the Switch, indeed, and strongly suggest that it be implemented from the get-go to give your users more options to choose from in regards to overall screen display size settings.)

I realize that it'll run at an arcade-spec & silky-smooth 60fps framerate.

This type of danmaku will certainly require the use of a good arcade stick and nothing less than that (the Nintendo Switch Pro controller ain't gonna do DU3 justice, control-wise).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Wow, shmups on the Nintendo Switch!
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Got it (android).

It's not bad, a bit more polished than 2, which is great as well (love the purple bullets in that one).

I really wished they had an additional control scheme though, with a customisable virtual joystick, because my finger gets hot and a little sweaty after a couple of minutes and this destroys all drag smoothness. With the virtual joystick this rarely happens as it's all tapping and holding, no dragging.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

el_rika wrote:Got it (android).

It's not bad, a bit more polished than 2, which is great as well (love the purple bullets in that one).

I really wished they had an additional control scheme though, with a customisable virtual joystick, because my finger gets hot and a little sweaty after a couple of minutes and this destroys all drag smoothness. With the virtual joystick this rarely happens as it's all tapping and holding, no dragging.
I know the problem :lol: Imo it helps to lift the finger slightly from the screen from time to time so the skin can dry...sounds kinda weird but you really don't have to hold the finger on the screen the whole time.
Galaga Wars solves this problem in a very elegant way - every time you lift your finger gameplay slows down and goes into pause mode. This is also superconvenient when playing during commute in rather crowded buses and trains :wink:
Enjoying the game massively btw!
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Played it quite a lot in the past weeks.

It's very addictive and i kinda got used to the drag controls (it helps that the extremely hot season here in Romania is almost over), no more excessive sweating.

What's tricky about he game is that if i lock my smartphone's CPU @ around 1,2 Ghz, when the screen get extremely crowded, the game 'slows down' Cave-live :lol: 1,5 Ghz seems to be the sweet spot though (good balance between battery drain and performance).

Almost 1 life'd stage 1 in Graze Mode True difficulty...almost. The game is pretty tough, but fair.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

kane wrote:So, what is the TLB condition? Not that I've beaten stage 5 yet, but might as well start working toward it...
I believe it's just 1cc on Hard and True
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Hey, I just bought this game off the humble widget on your homepage and the DRM-free version for download is still 1.04 while the steam version is up to 1.08!
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

The Steam version doesn't have DRM as far as I can tell. I can run it w/o the Steam client even being open.
PC Engine Fan X!

On the USA region Nintendo Switch eShop site, there's a "coming soon" listing for the Nintendo Switch port of Danmaku Unlimited 3 for a mere $9.99 USD which'll be available as a digital d/l on 3/13/2018. It has tate mode included (plus yoko mode as well) and it runs at a silky-smooth 60fps framerate also. Should play quite well with a dedicated Switch Hori RAP V arcade stick setup.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
clippa

Post by clippa »

Also some difficulty tweaks according to this - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... next_month
The game is said to have been re-tuned since its release on PC last year, taking on feedback from players about the game's difficulty. This has involved improving the difficulty curve in the lower settings, although it is worth noting that an advanced mode exists to accommodate the needs of veteran players.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Cannot wait for this on the switch.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

kid aphex wrote:Cannot wait for this on the switch.
It's out on the Switch. 9.99 bux.
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Anyone know if the Switch version supports controller input or is it strictly touch screen like the mobile version?
msm

Post by msm »

ATTRACTS wrote:Anyone know if the Switch version supports controller input or is it strictly touch screen like the mobile version?
it supports controller input :)
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

what are the changes in the switch version?
still feels incredibly pointless when you need a stick to play it properly because the switch doesn't even have a dpad, the whole portability thing gets thrown out
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Bought it last night for the Switch and played for about an hour. Honestly for $9.99 it's a pretty terrific shooter. Scoring mechanics are easy to digest and pretty fun to rack up high scores and from what I've seen for the first 3 levels, it runs a smooth 60fps with zero hiccups. Controls on the Switch are obviously an acquired taste but they seem to have optimized the stick on the JoyCon as best they could. I'm able to graze with no real issues within some pretty dense patterns. My only complaint is the music as djent style metal isn't really my thing but that's a small gripe. Nice work overall.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Bananamatic wrote:what are the changes in the switch version?
still feels incredibly pointless when you need a stick to play it properly because the switch doesn't even have a dpad, the whole portability thing gets thrown out
Another quality game in the genre is never pointless. I'm grazing bullets pretty easily with the standard JoyCon stick on higher difficulties. Feels like they did the best to make it as accurate as they could. It's a great effort and at ten bucks, it's a no brainer.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

but it's already on pc so it's a no brainer hard pass for anyone who doesn't like playing with joycon sticks
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Bananamatic wrote:but it's already on pc so it's a no brainer hard pass for anyone who doesn't like playing with joycon sticks
YUPPPP
And for people who don't play on PC and might have a chance to be introduced to shoot em ups by taking an inexpensive dive into this game, again, it's not bad. Are joy cons the optimal way to play a shooter? Nope. Does that matter to 95% of the Switch crowd who might be interested in the genre who don't have the same experience as us? NOOOOPE. I'm simply saying, it's a solid shmup for the console at a great price point. Nobody is claiming it's the next coming of Christ.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

Bought it day one for Switch,it`s a pretty cool shmup. Like the playability,visuals and music.
Well made game and far more worth the price tag :!:
PC Engine Fan X!

Upon d/l the Switch port of Danmaku Unlimited 3, it's a mere 123mb d/l at best. It's currently at version 1.1.0. Upon hooking up the Switch to a PC widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio LCD monitor (with a rotatable stand for use with tate games) with an HDMI input and selecting PC HDMI input, the display comes in crystal clear and no cut off issues to contend with (however, if I select A/V HDMI input -- slight screen cut-off issue will rear it's ugly head but that's to be expected in this day of age). DU3 port on the Switch truly shines with a proper Switch arcade stick, namely this one: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch- ... cade+stick. You can even custom configure the buttons to your liking with the three main buttons of "Fire, Beam & Bomb". I use the bottom three buttons on the Hori Switch RAP V Hayabusa stick setup (a much better and elegant solution to either the Switch based standard Joy-Con or Pro Controlller setup imo).

A suggestion to include a cool and handy "replay mode to view your best score run" would be nice. Plus several scanline options to choose from to give DU3 that slick arcade shmup overall presentation (like that displayed on an old-school arcade CRT monitor with scanlines and all) would be ace as well.

If you turn off "wide mode" on the Switch port of DU3, it'll fill the the entire 16:10 screen if played on a PC LCD widescreen setup (and without the top & bottom borders that appear if "wide mode" is selected in the option submenu screen).

It's doable to play the Swtich DU3 port with scanlines on a PC widescreen monitor setup, just need access to a Scan Line Generator (SLG) add-on device and you're good to go (I use a Toodles produced SLG with a HDMI to VGA adapter and hook up a VGA cable + SLG device to the PC widescreen 16:10 LCD monitor and viola, instant scanlines -- easy as pie).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Special World

Post by Special World »

Wish this were a bit wilder. The Danmaku games are a biiiiit too literal when it comes to "what bullet hell is."

At the same time, Doragon is one person apparently? Which is like, a pretty big achievement. So go you, Doragon! But please make a wacky arrange mode next time :)
Last edited by Special World on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Bananamatic wrote:but it's already on pc so it's a no brainer hard pass for anyone who doesn't like playing with joycon sticks
At least there's the pro controller and 8bitdo controllers with Bluetooth support. Doragon's support for controllers is a bit frustrating, though. Danmaku Unlimited 2 on Android has limited pad functions that give me the impression that controller support was implemented, but broken. The Steam port is the only shump on Steam I have played where the dpad inputs can't do diagonals when using a PS4 controller. The iOS version of Danmaku Unlimited 2 actually supports iCade.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Can anyone tell me what the "wide mode" does on the Switch version? I can't seem to find info online. When playing in Tate, it seems to offer full-screen support with no sidebars, but it also looked a bit cropped. I can't tell for sure. Any help appreciated on actual screen ratio.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
guigui

Post by guigui »

I also have no idea what the "wide mode" does. Same for the "SCN relative movement".
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.