DoDonPachi: Unlimited (IOS/Android) - 19th January!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Magma Dragoon

Re: DoDonPachi: Unlimited (IOS/Android) - 19th January!

Post by Magma Dragoon »

This is just what they did with Dungeon Keeper. What a way to kill a franchise...
Image Image Image Image
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

This has already been pulled from the App and Play stores? Didn't even last 8 months. (when I tried to play it, I didn't even last 8 minutes. Awful.)

Surely this means that Cave started caring about their mobile presence and are going to update/rerelease everything! Right? :|
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobil ... unlimited/

Don't feel disappointed. I just like it but the sprites are just fine.

It's not just Stage 1,2 and Inbachi Stage.

There is also Stage 3,4,5 sprite rips!

Why do you have to say that Machida,Atsugi, and Tsukui are only the playable stages?
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Now don't get to serious when Sagami,Ayase, and Hashimoto Stages or Stages 3 to 5 exist in Dodonpachi Unlimited.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Ok I did stage 1, stage 2, stage1+2, boss 1, boss 2, boss1+2.

Now it says I can grind coins and do EX stages, is it worth it? (Eh.. really)

What else I can unlock?
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Its not worth it. You can continue to grind and you will unlock stage 6 which is just the hibachi and inbachi fight. There are ex stages and the STAGE1,STAGE2. Yes the captilized stage names are even harder than the ex stages.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Where did you get the game? Did you just never uninstall it?

I'm morbidly curious to try this again.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Yeah, had it on my tablet and unlike most f2p games didn't need actual online
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

I never deleted it either for some reason. I know if you search online you can find ways to download it along with cracked version,etc. Never tried that myself though.

The only issue is now that the servers are gone its impossible to get gems. There is no way to farm them in gane so a lot of the features are impossible to unlock, namely the other ship types.
qmish

Post by qmish »

oh my....

so those red gems...

i see.

*now see again how good Aka to Blue was not to include all that shitty f2p gacha things*
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

qmish wrote:
*now see again how good Aka to Blue was not to include all that shitty f2p gacha things*
...and how stupid Cave was to make the android ports of Dodonpachi and Espgaluda 2 in G-gee launcher.
We should make a list of shmups forever lost on different platforms.
qmish

Post by qmish »

forever lost
like those cave and taito mid-2000 games for japanese phones haha

i hoped so much for Inheritage Boundary of Existance to be ported to somewhere else, but they went bankrupt after metroidvania failure. I can launch it on old ios tablet i guess though only cause i have backup in itunes as it was so completely removed from appstore you cant download it from purchases unlike most delisted games; not sure what about android version it disappeared recently, dont know if anyone saved it and it can work
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Such a wasted opportunity this port. They could have easily made a full, compelling game with this graphics, which are surprisingly excelent and fast even on old phones.
Too bad it is only 2 leves and like 3 bosses.

Could someone detail what has to be done to unlock everything there is?
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Basically just play on easy and keep beating the stages to unlock the next stage. At some point you will need coins to get to the next stage. The quickest way to farm coins is just to play stage 1 over and over and over again since you can get 12 coins on stage 1.

Once you beat everything on easy I believe all of normal will be unlocked as well. Now if you want to unlock hard and beyond you need to clear each stage without dying to unlock the next highest difficulty. So you have to clear stage 1 in normal without dying to unlock stage 1 in hard. Then hard to unlock maniac, etc.

Since you can't buy gems you pretty much are stuck with the initial ship. You start with 30 gems, I would spend them on getting extra bombs.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

As far as i can see, i NEED gems to get to higher than normal difficulty. Simply clearing a stage on normal doesn't fully unlock the stage on hard as i need the gems for that :(
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

You have to beat the normal stage without dying to unlock hard. You also need to satisfy certain enemy destruction rates to unlock the higher difficulties.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

pegboy wrote:You have to beat the normal stage without dying to unlock hard. You also need to satisfy certain enemy destruction rates to unlock the higher difficulties.

So, if i don't die, i can unlock the next harder difficulty for free? That's neat! :D I already unlocked up to God, but the game always asked for 2 Rubies for each new difficulty (that only appeared after i cleared the previous difficulty). If i knew i had to clear it without dying, i would have tried harder!
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Just for shits and giggles I made a video of clearing STAGE1+2+6 and showing the TLB Inbachi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX2x08wqDyI

I feel embarrassed for spending as much time as I did with this shitty phone game lol, but I really wanted to beat the TLB which took a lot longer than I care to admit.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

God mode is freaking impossible x_x (but i also keep my ship to basic upgrade level..just for the challenge ;) ). So to my understanding Inbachi appears after you beat Hibachi? As a separate ex-level?
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Inbachi only shows up if you no death hibachi.