Download sites.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
worm

Download sites.

Post by worm »

Yeah, did you save my avatar? I'd like it back.

Anyway, ballistic zen is doing ... something, and I don't remember any of the other sites. Though with a fresh OS Cho Ren Sha is running wonderfully!
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

there isn't any good download sites, since nippon shmups went down, but Post's site is probably the best directory of the games individual sites.
worm

Post by worm »

magnum opus wrote:there isn't any good download sites, since nippon shmups went down, but Post's site is probably the best directory of the games individual sites.
Ballistic Zen was up a bit after Nippon(that one hosted on emudek, right?) went down. They were okay, if anyone know's what is up there I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the link.

Where's that cute ayu game?
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

I'm pretty sure Nippon's gone for good - but shootthecore's listing is pretty darn large now, and the ever so vigilant maintainer is adding more as he finds them. (Thanks Postman, btw.)
postman

Post by postman »

NP everyone, it gives my life meaning :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, when you do stuff like this, a little encouragement really goes a long way.........
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Yeah, that was insanely cute how you did the Gradius V interview section :)
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
postman

Post by postman »

Thanks Minzoku! Interviews are the most enjoyable thing I've done so far with the site.......I hope to have more, but don't know where to go next. Probably developers, but I don't know any, and can't speak Japanese........

On a sadder note, it looks like Ballistic Zen has moved or is gone. When you access the old page:
http://ballisticzen.org/
it's now a WordPress weblog. Did Twyst sign up for the shmups forum? Wonder what's going on............hope BZ isn't dead!
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

That change to BallisticZen is very recent, just a couple days ago I checked back there and there was the graphic placeholder "coming soon" or something like that.

Hope everything's ok.

Bill
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

postman wrote:NP everyone, it gives my life meaning :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, when you do stuff like this, a little encouragement really goes a long way.........
I just wanted to add, keep up the good work on www.shootthecore.com, Rog. I enjoy checking up on the news 'n reviews in between dumb customer calls.
worm

Post by worm »

the2bears wrote:That change to BallisticZen is very recent, just a couple days ago I checked back there and there was the graphic placeholder "coming soon" or something like that.

Hope everything's ok.

Bill
Actually the placeholder was there when I posted this message, so it could just be a hiccup.

That Ayu game, you shot fish at everyone? Anyone?
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

As for the shootthecore database, I'm guess you've tried a lot of them? Would it be much trouble to highlight the ones that are more enjoyable? Or perhaps a community rating system?
gs68

Post by gs68 »

magnum opus wrote:there isn't any good download sites, since nippon shmups went down, but Post's site is probably the best directory of the games individual sites.
That's a bit too open-ended. There's a lot of shmups but you will not have much idea what to download.