DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
STG4WD

DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

Post by STG4WD »

This thread is for all chat and discussions related to Dodonpachi Resurrection Steam Edition from Degica Games.

Buy it here: Dodonpachi Resurrection on Steam

Read more about it here: Degica Games - Dodonpachi Resurrection.

The main purposes of this thread are:

- To chat about the Steam release!

- To give help and encouragement to any new players

- To gather links to existing resources (strategy guides, live streams, superplay videos, Hi Score tables etc)

- To comment on any technical issues with the Steam release

Please post any useful links below and I will gather them into this OP. Let's keep things on topic and positive, and make this the greatest Cave Steam release yet.

"Exiting jump gate- bee on alert!!"

STRATEGY GUIDES:

Version 1.5 - The main Shmups Forum strategy guide.

#STG4WD>>
Bananamatic

Re: DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

Post by Bananamatic »

anyone else feeling the dfk meh?
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Bananamatic wrote:anyone else feeling the dfk meh?
Shmups Forum represent...
#STG4WD>>
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

In fact can the mods please take off that bullsh*t comment by Bananamatic, and these replies?

I am so sick of the sh*tty attitude on this forum, this is supposed to be a positive thread to promote the game.
#STG4WD>>
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Haha Banana gonna banana man, he won't be silenced.

Yeah I'll pick this up, I'd like to get my grubby mits on ketsuipachi.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Blinge wrote:Haha Banana gonna banana man, he won't be silenced.

Yeah I'll pick this up, I'd like to get my grubby mits on ketsuipachi.
I disagree mate. Trying to derail this kind of thread in the first post shouldn't be tolerated.

It's the kind of behaviour that keeps this forum mediocre at best.

Edit: I can't wait for Ketsuipachi either
#STG4WD>>
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

"anyone else feeling the ____ meh?" is a meme here.

Also this is the best forum on the internet. Although at least 90% of that is due to the action platformer thread.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I've never had the chance to play DDP:DFK, so I am looking forward to it. I still haven't cleared Mushi Original (working on it!); I hope I can do so before this release.

Isn't DaiFukkatsu supposed to be one of the easier DDP games, due to bullet canceling? I'm far from a pro player; I just aim for the clear.
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Squire Grooktook wrote:"anyone else feeling the ____ meh?" is a meme here.
I rest my case.
#STG4WD>>
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

EmperorIng wrote: Isn't DaiFukkatsu supposed to be one of the easier DDP games, due to bullet canceling? I'm far from a pro player; I just aim for the clear.
Like all the best shmups, DFK has a great system of risk and reward. Bullet cancelling gives you some protection, but overdo it and the protection is gradually removed each time (there are 5 hyper ranks, check the strategy guide).

In order to score high and reach the extends you will also need to full-chain without hypering for the majority of each stage.

5th stage is rock hard by anyone's standards, and 3rd takes quite some training. There is also an optional hidden route through the game which is much harder.
#STG4WD>>
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

"You can take the banana out of the chan, but you can't take the chan out of the banana"

-Surfshack Tito

In all seriousness I'll get it if only for black label and ketsuipachi
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

STG4WD wrote:In fact can the mods please take off that bullsh*t comment by Bananamatic, and these replies?

I am so sick of the sh*tty attitude on this forum, this is supposed to be a positive thread to promote the game.
So you want the mods to censor anyone who doesn't like DFK and dares to voice such an opinion? It's hardly "derailing" the thread to talk about DFK in a thread about DFK.

I recall that back when Mushi was released you were spewing more vitriol and hatred than anybody criticizing the game and the port, because we weren't dropping everything we were doing to promote the second coming of Mushihimesama HD like it were the second coming of Jesus. Such personal attacks even got you banned. Hopefully this time you can understand that some people are more enthusiastic about other things such as M2's upcoming Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron ports.
Last edited by Shepardus on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

STG4WD wrote:In fact can the mods please take off that bullsh*t comment by Bananamatic, and these replies?

The questionable quality and accuracy of the previous PC ports isn't all that reassuring, but maybe CAVE will get it right this time for the base game and all the other additional modes!
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

STG4WD wrote:
EmperorIng wrote: Isn't DaiFukkatsu supposed to be one of the easier DDP games, due to bullet canceling? I'm far from a pro player; I just aim for the clear.
Like all the best shmups, DFK has a great system of risk and reward. Bullet cancelling gives you some protection, but overdo it and the protection is gradually removed each time (there are 5 hyper ranks, check the strategy guide).

In order to score high and reach the extends you will also need to full-chain without hypering for the majority of each stage.

5th stage is rock hard by anyone's standards, and 3rd takes quite some training. There is also an optional hidden route through the game which is much harder.
the hyper rank really only makes a difference in the 2nd loop and the hidden route midbosses are actually easier
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Shepardus wrote:So you want the mods to censor anyone who doesn't like DFK and dares to voice such an opinion? It's hardly "derailing" the thread to talk about DFK in a thread about DFK.
I want to be able to post a thread aimed at hyping and encouraging people to get involved, without sad old farts from this forum trying to kill the hype because we're not talking about some ancient game that only exists on 3 PCBs.

I've said it before, look at the FGC and other successful, thriving game genres. They all have positive blogs that help to build a community.

How is having a 'Meh meme' supposed to bring in more players??
#STG4WD>>
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Shepardus wrote:It's hardly "derailing" the thread to talk about DFK in a thread about DFK.
Shitposting isn't really discussion though. See the difference with the post two above mine vs the second post in the topic.
Durandal wrote: The questionable quality and accuracy of the previous PC ports
I mean, I know there's at least 5 people out there who are really worked up about that Deathsmiles MBL slowdown, but that is a pretty uncharitable assessment of the ports. Outside of the rocky early days of Mushihimesama's release, I have not heard anyone making sustained complaints about it, and Deathsmiles' detractors seems to be completely focused around one mode's slowdown issues. I mean, these are games that are now eminently cheap and accessible to an audience larger than any they had had before.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

waiting on a big sale for this one.

not really a big fan of DFK and really can't put my finger on why... but it almost feels like the game has no soul. like cave went through the motions without really trying to make it enjoyable. ketsupachi feels like a mess too.

I get why people like it as it's very accessible with enough depth to keep players sucked in for awhile, but not really my cup of tea. it also sucks that they're porting one of their most widely accessible titles. In the end, I hope it does well for degica because I really want them to continue porting.

--
STG4WD wrote:I want to be able to post a thread aimed at hyping and encouraging people to get involved, without sad old farts from this forum trying to kill the hype because we're not talking about some ancient game that only exists on 3 PCBs.

I've said it before, look at the FGC and other successful, thriving game genres. They all have positive blogs that help to build a community.

How is having a 'Meh meme' supposed to bring in more players??
I think you're doing a better job at derailing your own thread than anyone else here.
a creature... half solid half gas
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Some-Mist wrote: I think you're doing a better job at derailing your own thread than anyone else here.
Degica have been showing a LOT of care and attention to this forum for quite a while now.

If some people want to throw that back in their faces by talking down the games in a completely unconstructive way, then I question why those people are tolerated.

What is the actual point of this forum?
#STG4WD>>
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

STG4WD wrote: What is the actual point of this forum?
To be attitude for gains
Spoiler
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Who knows dude, no one plays shmups here.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

STG4WD wrote: What is the actual point of this forum?
Shitposting marginally related to shmups, ya big silly willy :3

Also you do realize that this thread has derailed primarily because you chimped out for bananas, right :3
Last edited by cave hermit on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

STG4WD wrote:Degica have been showing a LOT of care and attention to this forum for quite a while now.
it's Cave that doesnt do that
which is the problem right now
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I am absolutely feeling the DFK meh. :idea:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

STG4WD wrote:What is the actual point of this forum?
I like to find out about new doujin games and hear interesting thoughts on old games I might have missed.

Anyway, not too interested but I'll probably pick it up eventually anyway. I'm pretty much burnt out on the typical style of danmaku that Cave and especially Dodonpachi exemplifies. But as always, might be interesting to give this one a taste and see if anything jumps out at me.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

1. Aren't you the dude thats gets banned from his own threads?

2. Show some respect for nanners pointy head.

3. Really looking forward to ketsuipachi.
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Zen wrote:1. Aren't you the dude thats gets banned from his own threads?
Only by boring Geordies.
#STG4WD>>
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

STG4WD wrote:What is the actual point of this forum?
Have you heard of our lord and savior Yagawa?

If not I apologize, his acolytes have been busy attending to the currently trending Garegga threads.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I can't wait to play Black Label again. Church of Yagawa indeed.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
clippa

Post by clippa »

I am pumped, rigid and veiny. I never thought I'd see the day when any of caves games would get an official pc release.
Even though I have the 360 releases, any game that gets ported to my platform of choice is great news for me.
I only ever had a couple of quick goes of this on the 360 as I was working on 1cc'ing a couple of other games at the time so it got put on the back burner.
Looking forward to sinking my teeth into it properly and trying the fabled ketsuipachi mode.
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

I think I recall there being some comments from Nick with degica about no internal timers in deathsmiles and mushi, but that DFK has one. I don't know enough to argue about it, but that would make me think that DFK has the potential to be the better port.

Hasn't the other CAVE ports had the same issues at launch that they had on xbox360? Based on that what could we expect from DFK at launch?

I'm still excited and plan to get this, but my hopes aren't as high as when this whole CAVE games coming to steam thing started.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

STGAlmond wrote:I'm still excited and plan to get this, but my hopes aren't as high as when this whole CAVE games coming to steam thing started.
Took the words from my mouth. Specially when DFK has been previously released in the West. That M2 is doing with Dangun and Garegga? Now that has me intrigued. Either way, I'm happy more people will get to play Ketsuipachi.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*