shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:39 pm 

Flashman wrote:
Gamer707b wrote:
Im gonna chime in since you guys hit a nerve. I've amassed roughly around 350 games and around 16-18 systems. That is not a lot compared to others on youtube, but for the more "normal " person it is. Point is, I find myself hardly playing the vast majority of these games. They sit there literally collecting dust. Probably aroung 5 or 6 years ago , I went through some hardcore retro collecting. I kinda regret it, because these days I mainly play the Nintendo and old Sega stuff. Most of my PS2, PS3 and even my PS4 stuff gets ignored. Save for a few games like the Battle Garegga Limited Run Version I picked up today. Which BTW, Im going to be playing the shit out of. Maybe Im getting older, but I feel more minimalistic now a days . I only buy the games I TRULY and REALLY want to play. Maybe about 5 or so games all year. I skip most of the triple A stuff.Just had to throw my 2 cents.

Yeah I must admit I'm the same, I've got loads of flash carts (gave up collecting original games for retro stuff a while ago, save for a couple of select systems) and 1000'S of new games to try across a bunch of systems. Yet I find myself just going back to old favourites I've beaten and mastered, over and over. I have found a few new favourites by booting them up and forcing myself to play, but 9 times out of 10 I decide I don't like it in 5 minutes and give up. Really need to preserver and try something new, 'cos I know I'm missing out on a bunch of great games.

Finally found a reasonably priced physical of Garegga on eBay, which didn't need importing so snapped it up, looking forward to that coming, it will get played a lot :D

Congrats on the purchace. Ive been wanting Garegga for ages but I was too frugal to pay for the Saturn version. Finally got me the PS4 version. Which one did you get?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:51 am 

Gamer707b wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Gamer707b wrote:
Im gonna chime in since you guys hit a nerve. I've amassed roughly around 350 games and around 16-18 systems. That is not a lot compared to others on youtube, but for the more "normal " person it is. Point is, I find myself hardly playing the vast majority of these games. They sit there literally collecting dust. Probably aroung 5 or 6 years ago , I went through some hardcore retro collecting. I kinda regret it, because these days I mainly play the Nintendo and old Sega stuff. Most of my PS2, PS3 and even my PS4 stuff gets ignored. Save for a few games like the Battle Garegga Limited Run Version I picked up today. Which BTW, Im going to be playing the shit out of. Maybe Im getting older, but I feel more minimalistic now a days . I only buy the games I TRULY and REALLY want to play. Maybe about 5 or so games all year. I skip most of the triple A stuff.Just had to throw my 2 cents.

Yeah I must admit I'm the same, I've got loads of flash carts (gave up collecting original games for retro stuff a while ago, save for a couple of select systems) and 1000'S of new games to try across a bunch of systems. Yet I find myself just going back to old favourites I've beaten and mastered, over and over. I have found a few new favourites by booting them up and forcing myself to play, but 9 times out of 10 I decide I don't like it in 5 minutes and give up. Really need to preserver and try something new, 'cos I know I'm missing out on a bunch of great games.

Finally found a reasonably priced physical of Garegga on eBay, which didn't need importing so snapped it up, looking forward to that coming, it will get played a lot :D

Congrats on the purchace. Ive been wanting Garegga for ages but I was too frugal to pay for the Saturn version. Finally got me the PS4 version. Which one did you get?

The older Korean rev 2016 PS4 version - would have preferred a limited run copy but I'd need to pay tax on it to get it over here, which would make it expensive. it arrived last Thursday, I'm currently devoting all my time to finishing another game, but had a 10 minute go on it, I can tell its going to be awesome though very tough, going to need to look up the scoring rules and how to manipulate the ranking which I hear is a necessity, it'll be the next project anyway :D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39