BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Oniros

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by Oniros »

The last few pages have been surprisingly complacent to the news of no physical disc on the LE. IMO it's like a corrupt-a-wish scenario, a Garegga LE for a current gen port by M2...and they include a fucking download code with it.

Massively disappointed by this news. I love Garegga's OST but I ain't importing a 9000+ yen release with a measly download code for it.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

trap15 wrote:You could buy at least 7 of the LEs for the price of the PCB. And the PCB won't come with all those goodies and cool UI.
But at least it comes with the game :3
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Sumez wrote:
trap15 wrote:You could buy at least 7 of the LEs for the price of the PCB. And the PCB won't come with all those goodies and cool UI.
But at least it comes with the game :3
:!:
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

s-so does the le...
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Imma buy it and put that jammy bastard on a thumb drive. TBH in some way it's better. If I get drunk and set fire to my hands, in the process burning down my game shelf, I'm fucked, fucked, fuuucked! :O

Totemism is strong for those of us in its hellish grip, though. Best believe. ¦3
Last edited by BIL on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

BIL wrote:Imma put that jammy bastard on a thumb drive. TBH in some way it's better. If I get drunk and set fire to my hands, in the process burning down my game shelf, I'm fucked, fucked, fuuucked! :O
Too bad you can't because Sony.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Squire Grooktook wrote:s-so does the le...
Source? Or vague hope?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Sumez wrote:
Source? Or vague hope?
Keres wrote:This also popped up, which has some more info that I'll defer to someone else to more comprehensively translate. It does indicate that even in the Premium Edition, the game is just a download code, no disc.
Also here.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Those are both on the premium, and state the opposite, that it doesn't include the game physically :)
I doubt the LE is any different on that account, and Squire was probably making a joke, but one can only hope.
BIL

Post by BIL »

AxelMill wrote:Too bad you can't because Sony.
Nah, someone always figures something out. Not even friggin Raiden DX remained uncracked forever. :o I love those jammy hacking bastards. :cool:

It's not like a DL-only version is going to spontaneously disintegrate in the immediate future, anyway.

U kno that Tiem, time, time, is on mah side, yes it is ~
Last edited by BIL on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squire Grooktook

Sumez wrote:
Source? Or vague hope?
I meant that it'll include the game in that, download code or not, you'll still have the game itself.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Let's align our terminology here. A download code is not a game. :3
Squire Grooktook

It just leads you to a game~

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

So almost $40 for these off digital at 3700 yen each. That's going to be relatively hard to sell this generation when it wasn't possible to sell enough last generation to keep Cave alive.

Let's hope these two games have enough bonus content to make them interesting despite the pricing.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Yes, a download code to download the game, NOT the game.

Why make such an effort to make a cool box with loads of stuff but not actually include the game?
Whatever happens to the console, with a phys disc I can get a new console.

Now it will be JP psn account, download, server going down, HD failure, finding hack/rom and so on.
No thanks.
Squire Grooktook

monouchi wrote:Now it will be JP psn account, download, server going down, HD failure, finding hack/rom and so on.
No thanks.
>Assuming you can't make back ups on memory sticks like I did for my ps3 download games
>Assuming servers are necessary to play the game
>Assuming cracks don't exist
>Assuming your disc can last forever either. All material is subject to entropy.

etc.

Important thing to me is that I can play it. Everything else is a bonus.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Squire Grooktook wrote: >Assuming servers are necessary to play the game
-Servers are necessary to download the game.
Squire Grooktook wrote: >Assuming cracks don't exist
, finding hack/rom

Well, whatever, IMO it was a lazy move. The game will be great though with all those extras in the screen.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Well, those are two different arguments. I'm sure people don't have a problem with it being possible to play it. But with this logic I would just buy the download via PSN, which is probably what I will do eventually. But in addition to playing the game, I also want to own it physically, and buying a cool package like the premium edition is even cooler, but if I don't get a physical copy of the game with the box, it's kind of pointless to me, it's just merchandise, like a t-shirt. If you REALLY LIKE Garegga you can buy it for the medal to take up more space in your cupboards, but honestly I'm not sure I want to even support selling "physical copies" without an actual inclusion of the game in them.
Squire Grooktook

I can respect that.

I kind of have a thing for nice boxes though, regardless of what's actually in them, so it would be worth it to me. But you're mileage may very on that.

Saying it doesn't have the game is a bit of an exaggeration though. Even if it's not there physically, you're still getting the game out of the purchase regardless.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm not saying you aren't getting the game, my only point is that the ACTUAL GAME (ie. code, data, etc. that make out the entirety of the game itself) is not inside the box that you are buying. Sure, it might be an archaic stance to take, but it's what rubs me, and I'm sure a ton of other people, the wrong way.
Squire Grooktook

Yeah I totally get that ^_^

I'm not fond of lazy game code in boxes either. Just a point I wanted to make.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

It's not lazy, it's economical. Unfortunate that it is economical, but it is. Hopefully the BEEP LE (if they manage to negotiate it) will have a physical, but I'm not counting on it.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

It's a pretty strange corner to cut though, as I'm sure not including the game physically is going to severely limit the sales (maybe I'm completely off the target, but I could easily imagine at least half their potential customers passing over this), whereas the medal is honestly just fluff. It's not THAT expensive to press a disc. The most expensive parts of a typical physical release (packaging, distribution, etc.) is already in place for this anyway.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Its lazy if you press a soundtrack disc instead of the game disc.

But yeah, lets hope for the BEEP physical.
I worked on a download only game...but after some demand it went quite fast to press out a physical disc.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

What is expensive is getting the number of discs made to satisfy the minimum pressing count. I think last generation required a couple thousand discs, don't know about this gen. For a soundtrack CD you don't have a minimum count.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

trap15 wrote:It's not lazy, it's economical. Unfortunate that it is economical, but it is. Hopefully the BEEP LE (if they manage to negotiate it) will have a physical, but I'm not counting on it.
Not only are the publishers too cheap they are lazy as well :)

Its just retarded to be honest. If they can print a OST Disc then why can't they take it a step further and print the game on a Disc?
There could have been a digital voucher for the music as well.

It does not make sense...
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

trap15 wrote:What is expensive is getting the number of discs made to satisfy the minimum pressing count. I think last generation required a couple thousand discs, don't know about this gen. For a soundtrack CD you don't have a minimum count.
If a minimum is required to press a game disc they should be opening pre-orders offering it to customers to see if it could be possible.
That's probably the best solution if you ask me.
Firehawke

Post by Firehawke »

It's simply not worth it for marginal items like shmups. You simply are NEVER going to see enough sales to get your cash back on the minimum print requirements. Look at the sheer number of Deathsmiles US discs still out there in LE boxes that were never opened. Complaining about digital-only is a lost cause, that fight was lost a long time ago. Now you need to make a decision-- are you going to stand so hard on this topic that you'll run the companies you loved into the ground because they had no choice but to adapt to the new reality?
BIL

Post by BIL »

^ word.

I am BALLS TO THE WALL HARDCORE with the game collecting but ultimately players and devs alike are gonna be left out in the cold if digital stuff is sworn off entirely. I wasn't kidding about the thumb drive - I sure as fuck insist on having some means of physical backup, that's just how I was raised you faaackin Valve slags!

Those workarounds in place though, I'd much rather we get stuff like this and the upcoming Dangun port than nothing at all.