BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DoomsDave

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by DoomsDave »

Oniros wrote:Also, I assume no English patch was released for the JP version?
Not yet. Would be nice if someone with the English version could take pics of the menus.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

cave hermit wrote:
StarCreator wrote:So this is out on US PSN now: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... GAREGGAUSA
WHATTTT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

SAKZDJFNhgbjkSDF
YEEE-HOOOO! Thank you so much StarCreator for the heads up. Gonna go get it. :D
Kinect? KIN NOT.
gatr

Post by gatr »

Oh cool news, just downloaded it. Menus are in English, scoreboards are shared with JP
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

If anyone with the JP version is curious, trophies are shared between versions, got the NA version and it still had all my trophies from the JP version registered
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

DoomsDave wrote:
Oniros wrote:Also, I assume no English patch was released for the JP version?
Not yet. Would be nice if someone with the English version could take pics of the menus.
I'll try and have some pics up soon.

Fun facts:
-This port uses Lab Zero's legacy controller code
-The statistic (battle history) menu keeps track of how many flamingos you have attacked over culminative play sessions
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

DoomsDave wrote:Would be nice if someone with the English version could take pics of the menus.
A few can be seen in the English PS4 on-line manual.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

How likely is it this gets an EU PSN release?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

drunkninja24 wrote:If anyone with the JP version is curious, trophies are shared between versions, got the NA version and it still had all my trophies from the JP version registered
The trophies also show in English with the JP version.
5pectre

Post by 5pectre »

Stevas wrote:How likely is it this gets an EU PSN release?
Didn't someone say that it was on the German store?
GSK

Post by GSK »

The XB1 version is out in Germany and several other non-US countries as well as Japan--anywhere covered by id@xbox that doesn't have additional cert requirements, basically.

The English PS4 version is only out in the US/Canada, as far as I'm aware.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Anyone know if changing the other/misc options affects leaderboards? I just set a score 1,000,000 higher than my previous best, but it isn't showing up on the leaderboards, and I don't know if it's because I enabled Mahou characters under other options or if there's a leaderboard refresh delay.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Nope, none of that stuff should matter. I think there's just a small delay.
jugu

Post by jugu »

I should have bought this on the PlayStation store instead Raiden V... live and learn.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Why not both?
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Maybe because people don't have infinite time and disposable income to blow on video games?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Two pretty great shmups for the price of one questionable AAA game? Hmm, I'm not so sure.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Does anybody know of any good source for game selling statistics, particularly on digital platforms (psn, xbox live, etc..)?

I was looking up the numbers for this version of Garegga and only found this:
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/150229/bat ... 16/Global/

I can't really be sure if these are retail only (physical box versions with codes) or if they include any digital sales as well.

Just curious, as i really wanted M2 to succeed with this series to get them to continue with more releases.
10k doesn't seem like much, but then again, it's a shmup.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

vgchatz isn't great but it's usually a fair indication of boxed sales. The problem is a small margin for error can count for quite a lot in terms of a niche game. I don't think they actually track digital sales even when partial numbers are sometimes available. These days I think it's up to the publisher whether digital sales numbers even go out at all - typically possible to extrapolate from a financial report - though in game purchases often conflate this kind of 3rd hand guesstimate these days.

If there were 10k of the boxes out there and they've basically sold through them that would be pretty good for ps4 only niche game imho. Given the price cuts that is possible. It's frankly more LEs than I thought they would have made though... but seems feasible, especially reflecting on the price drop, and if so might suggest a fairly good result for this game.

Your best bet might be to straight up twitter ask the publisher how many LE boxsets went out and extrapolate from there.

haha I like they genre'd it as strategy :)
Sadd

Post by Sadd »

For most games vgchartz is little more than sales astrology. See their methodology here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php
gray117

Post by gray117 »

For sure, but I'd bet we'd be surprised how similar that is to many more seemingly 'professional' speculators/investors/investigators when it comes to tracking stuff anything like this when discreet numbers don't tend to be published to any third party as a matter of course.

Given they don't seem (?) to muddy the water at all by speculating on digital sales I think they're about as good as you're going to get for broad boxed copy sales from a 3rd party perspective.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

So what's the deal exactly with Premium Arrange mode? I know it has fixed rank along with some kind of fever mode, anything else?
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

It has some mechanics that make it more forgiving for begginers and that counterbalance the high rank mode's difficulty.

- The medals gravitate to your ship when you are close to them. In high rank mode they chase you.

- when you drop a medal and dont recover, the Chain doesnt drop straight back to 100.

- There's autobomb.

- I think you get more extends on certain bosses/conditions. Im not sure about this one, maybe someone can help

When you activate high rank mode, the rank shoots up to 100% when you start the stage. To keep the high rank mode on, you can't autobomb and you can't die in certain conditions.

Theres more info from more experienced players on this very thread.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

I'm pretty sure your hitbox is smaller too
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

You can already select a smaller hitbox on Arcade Garegga, is the Arrange even smaller?
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

I recall there being hitbox options in the custom options and one of them is "premium", and I also seem to remember being able to dodge way better in premium than in arcade...but that could just be my imagination
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I some times felt i shouldn't have dodge something as well, in Arrange, but i dunno tbh...
That menu tidbit might be a clue.
mtbd500

Post by mtbd500 »

Well after playing garegga on the ps4 i can finally understand the hype. Getting extends is so much fun and willing the counter to clock over for another one!., the "extend" chime is so cool!. I have to say
That these old games look shit on an lcd screen though but sound great.
The new HD art on the start screen makes me think how amazing a HD remix would be for these old games.
Would plugging a ps4 into a crt tv make it look good!?.
I have been playing it on the ps vita and the smaller sprites are much easier on the eyes!
Great game!
I hope m2 do ibara after scorcerer striker which is next.
mtbd500

Post by mtbd500 »

jugu wrote:I should have bought this on the PlayStation store instead Raiden V... live and learn.
I thought raiden v looked rubbish. Is it as bland as it looks?. I was bored after 5mins of a replay
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

mtbd500 wrote: That these old games look shit on an lcd screen though but sound great.
I dont find the visuals bad at all.
I suspect the screen on my cab is not 720p nor 1080p native, so the scanlines are borked but the smooth filter works great and it's not smudged at all. Try it, if you haven't.
mtbd500 wrote: how amazing a HD remix would be for these old games.
I disagree. The way it is now, is exactly what i want from a title like this one.
The old game, running on a modern platform, with some modes thrown in, perfectly emulated with plenty of options to control everything and some online conectivity for the community aspects.
In my opinion, a lot of things would have to line up artisticaly, for an HD version of this game to be up to par; nevermind the gameplay implications.
mtbd500 wrote: Would plugging a ps4 into a crt tv make it look good!?.
"Plugging" a ps4 into a CRT would involve some specialized hardware to convert the image into a format that would be acceptable by such a screen. There are some HD CRT's around but that would hardly be worth the effort.
To play on a CRT it's probably better to buy the Saturn port or emulate the arcade release on a setup with an RGB out.

mtbd500 wrote: I hope m2 do ibara after scorcerer striker which is next.
I hope so too :)
qmish

Post by qmish »

these old games look shit on an lcd
if you say close to lcd and resolution is high, yes

thats why on pc i often play in 2x original size window