BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
guigui

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by guigui »

Jonpachi wrote:
guigui wrote:
brokenhalo wrote: Orders of 30 copies or more will be shipped in the original sealed factory cartons from Sony for uncirculated VGA grading.
What does that mean ?
So you can seal one up in a clear plastic box with proof it was never touched. If that's your kind of thing.
VGA grading I know of. I was asking about the word "uncirculated" ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I have the Korean version, and the Japanese box. Anything I'd be missing? Obviously I'd be missing English text in the book....but I'm sure I can find some scans (hopefully). It sucks having that huge book, and I can't read anything in it. :x
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I was asking about the word "uncirculated" ?
never displayed in a store or shipped out from a mailorder company.

If you buy a sealed copy from a store, send it to VGA for grading, what do you get ? A measly 85 ?
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

246 Standard edition in stock.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

177 in stock.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

scrilla4rella wrote:Slight derail: It's cool that there's a lot of great game soundtracks getting released on wax but the pressing quality has been pretty hit and miss in my experience. The Data Disc records I've heard have been excellent. Mondo and I-am-8bit's were crap. ShiptoShorePhono's have been pretty good but a recent release (Seaside Lovers) of theirs got to me warped and they refused to exchange it (boo!). Hopefully LRG know how to press a record.
I'm a little worried that LRG is more concerned with "RARE" than they are about vinyl quality, TBH. They also didn't respond to my question on their Twitter announcement asking if they could clarify which soundtrack was included (OST, one of the arranges, etc.), which doesn't help ease my doubts that they really give a damn about the content. However, if there's a soundtrack I'm willing to roll the dice on to find out first hand, I guess Garegga fits the bill.

As for your notes, agreed on Data Discs killing it. Brave Wave deserves some credit for their work too, they've done some really high quality releases (Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden series, Shovel Knight, etc.).
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

130 left
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Tough decision but I've decided to pass. :shock:

I've got the Saturn port and the Beep Shop edition for PS4, I really can't justify picking this up as well, even though I'd like to show my support for bringing these games out in the West.

If they do Dangun Fevron then I'll pick that up, I'm sure. :D
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Tarma wrote:Tough decision but I've decided to pass. :shock:

I've got the Saturn port and the Beep Shop edition for PS4, I really can't justify picking this up as well, even though I'd like to show my support for bringing these games out in the West.

This^ .. I'll support these type of games all day long and twice on Sunday but can't justify having all the ports.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

The only thing you’d be supporting is the whole lameass “limited” hypetrain.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

That had crossed my mind as well, why so limited? Can they not do a pre-order system , see how many people would like the game and then do run of that total.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

garrz32 wrote:That had crossed my mind as well, why so limited? Can they not do a pre-order system , see how many people would like the game and then do run of that total.
I seem to recall they did something like that with Skullgirls and ran into a bunch of issues, which resulted in the end product being delayed for months...though I also recall that they did the pre-order thing again after that for some other game, but my memory might be off.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

garrz32 wrote:That had crossed my mind as well, why so limited? Can they not do a pre-order system , see how many people would like the game and then do run of that total.
No! How else are da c0llect0rz of r@re games gonna get the $$$ on Ebay!
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

EmperorIng wrote:Might be time to resurrect the anti-sealed game defense force.
Most definitely.

From the standard edition listing:
"Features reversible artwork - which cover has been sealed outwards has been randomized by the factory. Orders of two or more copies will be guaranteed to include one of each sealed variant."

Seriously, people are encouraged to buy two so they can be guaranteed one of each cover for their unplayable game collection? Meanwhile this hasn't even been released digitally in many regions.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

66 left in stock.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

They did that for several releases recently. Bloodstained Circle of the Moon , Toe Jam and Earl , Lumines , and Giga Wrecker.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

spmbx wrote:The only thing you’d be supporting is the whole lameass “limited” hypetrain.
4,500 Battle Garegga are being pressed by LRG. This is about the same amount as a Japanese shmup release. If you ever wonder why Japanese shmups are so expensive it is because of low press quantity and high demand.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

z0mbie90 wrote: No! How else are da c0llect0rz of r@re games gonna get the $$$ on Ebay!
:lol: :lol:
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

I'm not a fan of how LRG run their business, but at the same time, I am happy to be able to get an English version on physical disc.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

I'm surprised that it's still in stock as of this posting. I had talked myself out of buying it earlier in the week. "Why bother? 3000 copies without a sell limit. No way it'll last." And yet here we are. I stared at the page for awhile on Friday morning and bought it, figuring why the hell not. I enjoyed Garegga quite a bit on Saturn and skipped the digital release. It will be nice to have a disc version (in english) again.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

They probably sold a lot more by making it limited. Yay for human psychology
guigui

Post by guigui »

Come on you niche genre lovers, stop despising videogames collectors. Niche is niche whatever niche it is. (Cant say I agree with people buying to resell but hey, capitalism is how we live).

Now someone here has to be collecting all physical versions of Garegga ever released, can this someone please show himself ?

Help me make a list of all Garegga physical releases :
* Battle Garegga PCB
* Battle Garegga JP Sega Saturn
* Battle Garegga REV.2016 PS4 Korean version
* Battle Garegga REV.2016 PS4 "Beep Shop" version
* Battle Garegga REV.2016 PS4 Premium Edition. No physical disc here, but lot of physical stuff. Can remove if not suitable.
* Battle Garegga REV.2016 PS4 Limited Run Games, Standard Edition (3000 copies)
* Battle Garegga REV.2016 PS4 Limited Run Games, Limited Edition (1500 copies)

Contribute if I am missing some (PCB variations for instance ?)
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

garrz32 wrote:
Tarma wrote:Tough decision but I've decided to pass. :shock:

This^ .. I'll support these type of games all day long and twice on Sunday but can't justify having all the ports.
The other thing that killed it for me is it's $40 + shipping to the UK + import duty... I bet that standard disc release would run me the best part of a 100 quid before I'd even got it near my PS4.

If I lived in the US I probably would have bought it... :lol:
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

All versions are not SOLD OUT
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

I hope this release opens the box to update the Korean version to english menus also
Working in the japanese language achievement
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The other thing that killed it for me is it's $40 + shipping to the UK + import duty... I bet that standard disc release would run me the best part of a 100 quid before I'd even got it near my PS4.
LRG's postage to Europe includes taxes and customs handling, so if you're ordering a $40 title, it's $55 with everything included.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Fudoh wrote:
LRG's postage to Europe includes taxes and customs handling, so if you're ordering a $40 title, it's $55 with everything included.
Really? That's good news. The LE cost me £126.23 in that case. Quite happy with that.
FRO

Post by FRO »

hamfighterx wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote:Slight derail: It's cool that there's a lot of great game soundtracks getting released on wax but the pressing quality has been pretty hit and miss in my experience. The Data Disc records I've heard have been excellent. Mondo and I-am-8bit's were crap. ShiptoShorePhono's have been pretty good but a recent release (Seaside Lovers) of theirs got to me warped and they refused to exchange it (boo!). Hopefully LRG know how to press a record.
I'm a little worried that LRG is more concerned with "RARE" than they are about vinyl quality, TBH. They also didn't respond to my question on their Twitter announcement asking if they could clarify which soundtrack was included (OST, one of the arranges, etc.), which doesn't help ease my doubts that they really give a damn about the content. However, if there's a soundtrack I'm willing to roll the dice on to find out first hand, I guess Garegga fits the bill.

As for your notes, agreed on Data Discs killing it. Brave Wave deserves some credit for their work too, they've done some really high quality releases (Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden series, Shovel Knight, etc.).
Mondo as well, with their Castlevania series, and a couple quality Contra releases.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Fudoh wrote:
Interesting. I'll bear this in mind for future releases - cheers T. 8)
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Play-Asia has the Korean version on Sale for $24.99

https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegg ... jDIdxOB9F4