shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 am 

Play-Asia has the Korean version on Sale for $24.99

https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegg ... jDIdxOB9F4

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 am 

Tokyo-J wrote:
Play-Asia has the Korean version on Sale for $24.99

https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegg ... jDIdxOB9F4

Thanks, got yet another version of Garegga. Now I'm just missing the PCB.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm 

My Limited Run Games PS4 version shipped this morning. I bought the Standard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:04 am 

congrats, that's gonna be a cool piece.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:10 am 

Tokyo-J wrote:
My Limited Run Games PS4 version shipped this morning. I bought the Standard.

Still waiting on mine to ship. :cry: :cry:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 am 

My (Standard) copy arrived earlier today.

The disc includes the latest patch, so once it's installed to the PS4, you're ready to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 am 

Still no shipping notification for the deluxe edition. Hopefully it doesn't slip back too far—I have the digital version already but I want that vinyl, damnit!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:00 am 

Yay the Post Office lost my package. :evil:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 pm 

Tokyo-J wrote:

That was an early suicide.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:26 am 

brokenhalo wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote:

That was an early suicide.

Sorry to laugh at this, but... :lol:

I do hope your game arrives soon!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 am 

It showed up while I was at the post office they tell me it is delivered. Glad it arrived.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:06 am 

Delivered here today! Man, this gets the award for worst 'booklet' ever made :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am 

Same. Yeah cheap, but we get the definitive version ever on disc so, well...

Dang, gotta sell my useless KR version now. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:13 am 

Xyga wrote:
Dang, gotta sell my useless KR version now. :lol:

Is there additional content on the Limited Run Games disc versus the Korean disc?

Also, yes that LRG "booklet" is patheticly lazy and careless. Even if they arent going to produce a real booklet with meaningful content, they already paid for the printing on the inside of the single sheet, at least place a white line drawing of some game art or something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 pm 

I'm struggling to understand why a company who makes niche collector's products would not bother to put in a proper printed manual. I'd not be happy if I purchased this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 pm 

Blame the current market. Companies have decided it's fair to ship the absolute bare minimum for our physical product, and consumers have let them get away with it. LRG ship limited-edition games - there is zero incentive for them to package these games any differently than the rest of what's out there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 am 

As much flak as Nicalis gets (for good reason), they nailed the US packaging for the Switch versions of Cave Story+ and Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap. Reversible cover, full color manual, and a mini cd soundtrack.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:26 am 

OmegaFlareX wrote:
I'm struggling to understand why a company who makes niche collector's products would not bother to put in a proper printed manual. I'd not be happy if I purchased this.

Why would they care, most of their customers don't even open the shrinkwrap...

And they have now an unconditionnal fan base.
When LR annouce they release a game that will not bear their "number" on it and that customers DON'T NEED it for a COMPLETE LR collection, that makes me laugh so hard...

As pricey as they are, their limited editions are still really nicely done and have real bonus content.

Last edited by plasticxo on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:59 am 

plasticxo wrote:
OmegaFlareX wrote:

Why would they care, most of their customers don't even open the shrinkwrap...

And they have now an unconditionnal fan base.
When LR annouce they release a game that will not bear their "number" on it and that customers DON'T NEED it for a COMPLETE LR collection, that makes me laugh so hard...

Couldn't agree more. It's actually pretty sad when people who are just hoarders try to pass themselves off as gamers...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm 

Come on now, it isn't a black and white line like that. I treasure my collection, which stays in impeccable shape, and also get plenty of actual use out of my stuff. The care I take of my games is a direct result of real love for the hobby.

Someone having more of a collector's mindset than you != less of a gamer's mindset. At least not just because.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 pm 

bigbadboaz wrote:
Blame the current market. Companies have decided it's fair to ship the absolute bare minimum for our physical product, and consumers have let them get away with it. LRG ship limited-edition games - there is zero incentive for them to package these games any differently than the rest of what's out there.

I guess I'm one of the few who is happy that there pretty much is no manual. One less thing to think about when collecting a game.

All I really want is physical media and a holder.... that is it :)

I remember collecting JP imports for the Saturn and Playstation and it was almost mandatory to include a spine/obi card lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:36 am 

But isn't the whole appeal of collecting "neat stuff"? A bare case and disc ain't so neat.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 am 

From LRG's own About Us page
Limited Run Games wrote:
We're game collectors and players who fear the prophesied all-digital future. We hope that we're not crazy to think that there are other people like us that still want physical games. (...)
Our goal is to serve gamers and collectors by bringing physicality back to games.

And in at least one interview, one of the owners referenced how the wanted to preserve the experience of being able to read a manual while sitting on the shiter.

Come to think of it... what recent generation games have had proper manuals with great graphic design?
Such as a manual with backstory, world map, character intros, boss teasers, moves and instruction summaries, options, etc?
It's a darn shame that is becoming a lost component of the game experience - an actual booklet to read separate from the game but fully priming you to play and be psyched about playing the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:24 am 

Outside of the JP versions most manuals were crap tho.
Today devs can shove all that and much more inside the game itself if they feel like, there's enough rom space and resolution real estate to put a manual, strategy guide, art book, and ost in every game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 am 

To be honest the only people buying these releases are shelfqueens, collectards and a few hardcore enthusiasts, the majority of which are afraid to even remove the shrinkwrap let alone actually remove and read the manual because that might hurt resale value. No kid is going to find this under the xmas tree or next to the birthday cake and get any enjoyment out of it or its manual.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm 

spmbx wrote:
To be honest the only people buying these releases are shelfqueens, collectards and a few hardcore enthusiasts, the majority of which are afraid to even remove the shrinkwrap let alone actually remove and read the manual because that might hurt resale value. No kid is going to find this under the xmas tree or next to the birthday cake and get any enjoyment out of it or its manual.

That's not being honest, that's you projecting prejudice and assumptions on people you dont know.

Xyga wrote:
Today devs can shove all that and much more inside the game itself if they feel like, there's enough rom space and resolution real estate to put a manual, strategy guide, art book, and ost in every game.

Yes exactly what has ruined the experience of having a manual separate from the game.
Today's dev's can distribute their products without any physical medium whatsoever, that's exactly the point of why people talk about preserving or providing "physicality".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:47 pm 

Well you can't stop that, I mean the real estate is there so thay will use it (or not), but that doesn't mean a physical disc or cartridge cannot be.
Honestly I wouldn't mind a generic white box and the disc period, as long as what's on the disc is complete and finished, with all the useful contents and info included.
LRG aren't far from offering that when it comes to standard releases, so I don't mind the form, the problem comes from collecting nuts and I don't know if we can really blame a company for placing itself in the way of the niche flux that makes money.
Options like platinum/ages/simple series etc are better, but to this day still underdevelopped, unfortunately, as they weren't supported enough by the big 3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:00 pm 

Shelcoof wrote:
I remember collecting JP imports for the Saturn and Playstation and it was almost mandatory to include a spine/obi card lol

I got a 50(!) USD discount on my former copy of Radiant Silvergun because I specifically declined the inclusion of the obi. This was 2002. I don't even want to think how much complete copies are going for these days.

I'm one of those idiots that welcomes digital. Physical things tend to weigh me down. I unloaded 95% of the gaming stuff I had in 2007, tragically before the retro game boom. But if I had unlimited funds, space for a gaming room, and friends to enjoy it with me, I'd want to collect PC-Engine stuff again. I think HuCards and the JP briefcase-style setup are the coolest things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 pm 

OmegaFlareX wrote:
in 2007 ... before the retro game boom.

Lol, I don't know if you can call what followed a boom, more like a wreck. The golden age of retrogaming was definitely around 2000~2010 anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:12 am 

Xyga wrote:
Well you can't stop that, I mean the real estate is there so thay will use it (or not), but that doesn't mean a physical disc or cartridge cannot be.
Honestly I wouldn't mind a generic white box and the disc period, as long as what's on the disc is complete and finished, with all the useful contents and info included.
LRG aren't far from offering that when it comes to standard releases, so I don't mind the form, the problem comes from collecting nuts and I don't know if we can really blame a company for placing itself in the way of the niche flux that makes money.
Options like platinum/ages/simple series etc are better, but to this day still underdevelopped, unfortunately, as they weren't supported enough by the big 3.

Its getting harder and harder for me to shell out money for a physical when half the content needs to be downloaded and patched in. In many cases I'd just go digital for titles I know do this.

I'd be happy too with just a disc and a generic box. Nice artwork on the box wouldn't hurt either :)

I'm actually sort of dreaming of the day when consoles will impliment a cartidge slot again and I can pop in my game cart and connect my controller...

OmegaFlareX wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:

I got a 50(!) USD discount on my former copy of Radiant Silvergun because I specifically declined the inclusion of the obi. This was 2002. I don't even want to think how much complete copies are going for these days.

I'm one of those idiots that welcomes digital. Physical things tend to weigh me down. I unloaded 95% of the gaming stuff I had in 2007, tragically before the retro game boom. But if I had unlimited funds, space for a gaming room, and friends to enjoy it with me, I'd want to collect PC-Engine stuff again. I think HuCards and the JP briefcase-style setup are the coolest things.

Digital has its benefits as well. As a collector I'm good with both. As long as I have some way of owning the game and playing anytime I want I'm happy.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next