XYDONIA / ザイドニア Hori On Kickstarter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
rtw

XYDONIA / ザイドニア Hori On Kickstarter

Post by rtw »

Looks like a lot of love has gone into this project so pick up you wallets and ...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/br ... retro-shmu
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Chacranajxy

Re: XYDONIA / ザイドニア Hori On Kickstarter

Post by Chacranajxy »

I like the game's vibe, and I see a lot of potential here. I'm either in for $50 or $100... not sure yet.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Snake, SNAKE, SNAAAKE!?
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Hey guys, I'm the lead artist/game designer, feel free to ask me anything about the game. :)

BTW, thanks for sharing!
@ShingoPx | XYDONIA | Image
Lead artist, Game Designer @ Breaking Bytes
rtw

Post by rtw »

Shingo wrote:Hey guys, I'm the lead artist/game designer, feel free to ask me anything about the game. :)

BTW, thanks for sharing!
Any chance of an Alpha V2 build of the first level so we can give it a spin ? :D
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

rtw wrote:Any chance of an Alpha V2 build of the first level so we can give it a spin ? :D
It's coming very soon, just a matter of a few days! Will include 2 stages+WIP designs of their boss fights. :)
Dragon1952

Post by Dragon1952 »

Very nice I will consider it!
"wax on...wax off!"
Cata

Post by Cata »

Seen this game floatin around on the shmups facebook and I have to say, it looks pretty neat!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wow. Almost halfway. Money incoming!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
sp8cewave

Post by sp8cewave »

Had my eye on this for a while. Backed it. Hope you reach your goal.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Any chance this will come to GOG? I'd love to back the project, as it looks excellent, but there's no way I'm going to sign up to Steam for it.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Herr Schatten wrote:Any chance this will come to GOG? I'd love to back the project, as it looks excellent, but there's no way I'm going to sign up to Steam for it.
Provided GOG doesn't reject the game due it being niche which unfortunately does happen a lot, then it's up to the developer.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Their Kickstarter says they'll have Steam as well as DRM free copies, so whether its on GOG or not, you'll be able to play without Steam.
DraconicImpulse

Post by DraconicImpulse »

Been following this game for a while. Next paycheck I'm definitely in that $45 tier.
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

Kaiser wrote:
Herr Schatten wrote:Any chance this will come to GOG? I'd love to back the project, as it looks excellent, but there's no way I'm going to sign up to Steam for it.
Provided GOG doesn't reject the game due it being niche which unfortunately does happen a lot, then it's up to the developer.
Outta curiosity, did you try submitting Zenodyne R to GOG? Curious just how many shmups they're shooting down these days.
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

I liked the initial post over in the Development threads (which nobody seems to visit much -_-;)

Just out of curiosity, what language and libraries are you using for this? I'd be interested in a Linux port.

Best of luck!
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

We'll try and submit the game to GOG when it's released, then it all depends on them, really.

Anyway, as drunkninja24 said, we're including a DRM-free version in every tier starting from 10€. :)
Pixel_Outlaw wrote:I liked the initial post over in the Development threads (which nobody seems to visit much -_-;)

Just out of curiosity, what language and libraries are you using for this? I'd be interested in a Linux port.

Best of luck!
Yeah, I noticed that there's not that many people around the Development forums, it's nearly just the devs. :D

We're using Game Maker Studio, doing everything with custom code (no drag & drop).

We added a Mac/Linux port as the first stretch goal (25k) to keep the base goal low, so that's totally doable. :)
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Chacranajxy wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
Outta curiosity, did you try submitting Zenodyne R to GOG? Curious just how many shmups they're shooting down these days.
I hate to hijack this thread again, I will try submitting ZR to GOG eventually but knowing how they rejected Zenohell due it being both too hard and niche according to GOG, this might be not easy.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

We just published a mockup of the physical copy (design not final).

CLICK HERE to read the update!

Shingo

Post by Shingo »

The Alpha Demo V2 is finally out!

Get it on Game Jolt or itch.io

Here's our related update on Kickstarter.

If you guys would try it and give us feedback like some of you did with the old one it would be hugely appreciated, I believe we made some noticeable progress during the past months.

Let me know what you think!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Spent a bit of time with this, some thoughts:

Generic answer - It's great. You guys seem to know the game you want to make and are making it.

The graphics are amazing as well are the graphical options. The screen curve in particular is a nice touch.

The music is dope, looking forward to hearing more of it. Mind you I am someone who really likes the sound you are going for so I may be a bit biased.

I like the movement speed of the red and pink ships. The green ship feels just a bit too fast.

I need more time with it before really commenting on the weapons and options.

I love the scoring system, reminds me a lot of Metal Black/Border Down. I haven't confirmed it yet (maybe you can?) but it appears that you can get a ton more points if you burst fire while the boss is exploding? It is also possible I am imagining this.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Stevens wrote:Spent a bit of time with this, some thoughts:

Generic answer - It's great. You guys seem to know the game you want to make and are making it.

The graphics are amazing as well are the graphical options. The screen curve in particular is a nice touch.

The music is dope, looking forward to hearing more of it. Mind you I am someone who really likes the sound you are going for so I may be a bit biased.

I like the movement speed of the red and pink ships. The green ship feels just a bit too fast.

I need more time with it before really commenting on the weapons and options.

I love the scoring system, reminds me a lot of Metal Black/Border Down. I haven't confirmed it yet (maybe you can?) but it appears that you can get a ton more points if you burst fire while the boss is exploding? It is also possible I am imagining this.
Thanks for the feedback!

I share the same thoughts about the green ship's speed, so that will be tweaked for sure.

About the scoring system: yes, if you kill bosses while burst firing (red flashes indicate the sweet spot, more or less), you get a ton of points as long as you hit it and an additional bonus at the end of the stage, labeled "BURST FINISH". :)
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I saw someone gave you some weapons feedback in the other thread.

Also I finally got around to giving you dollars:D Best of luck!
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Stevens wrote:I saw someone gave you some weapons feedback in the other thread.

Also I finally got around to giving you dollars:D Best of luck!
Yep, weapons are gonna be our main focus in terms of balancing, so we need all the feedback we can get.

Thanks for supporting us btw!
MarioNintendo

Post by MarioNintendo »

I'm super interested in getting a physical copy... but why does the shipping cost 85 euros to send to Canada? That's 85% of the stretch goal value, I don't get it, can you explain? I won't be able to take the plunge if there's no way around it, sadly :(
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

MarioNintendo wrote:I'm super interested in getting a physical copy... but why does the shipping cost 85 euros to send to Canada? That's 85% of the stretch goal value, I don't get it, can you explain? I won't be able to take the plunge if there's no way around it, sadly :(
It was so high because we didn't add custom rates for Canada, so it counted as "rest of the world".

Should be fixed now. :)
MarioNintendo

Post by MarioNintendo »

Shingo wrote:
MarioNintendo wrote:I'm super interested in getting a physical copy... but why does the shipping cost 85 euros to send to Canada? That's 85% of the stretch goal value, I don't get it, can you explain? I won't be able to take the plunge if there's no way around it, sadly :(
It was so high because we didn't add custom rates for Canada, so it counted as "rest of the world".

Ok! Glad I could be of some help.
Still, the shipping is priced at 60 euros. I don't want to be dense or anything, but I still don't get it. You seem to be from Europe, right? When I look at standard shipping prices between Europe and Canada, I get about 11 euros for a CD (as a quick example, for a saturn game coming from France on eBay, http://bit.ly/29j1Ypd).
What is provided for 60 euros worth of shipping? Extreme priority? Tracking/insurance/incredible packaging?

I really don't want to waste your time over such technicalities. Honestly, I really like what I'm seeing on your Kickstarter page, and the game looks phenomenal! I just need to understand this before I make a decision.

Edit: Maybe it's because for customs you label your item as in a new condition? I've never shipped an item myself overseas.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

MarioNintendo wrote:
Shingo wrote:

Ok! Glad I could be of some help.
Still, the shipping is priced at 60 euros. I don't want to be dense or anything, but I still don't get it. You seem to be from Europe, right? When I look at standard shipping prices between Europe and Canada, I get about 11 euros for a CD (as a quick example, for a saturn game coming from France on eBay, http://bit.ly/29j1Ypd).
What is provided for 60 euros worth of shipping? Extreme priority? Tracking/insurance/incredible packaging?

I really don't want to waste your time over such technicalities. Honestly, I really like what I'm seeing on your Kickstarter page, and the game looks phenomenal! I just need to understand this before I make a decision.

Edit: Maybe it's because for customs you label your item as in a new condition? I've never shipped an item myself overseas.
That item on eBay probably uses the cheapest shipping method to save on the total cost, something that, for a single item you sell privately, could be acceptable.

In our position however, we have to make sure every shipment goes as smoothly as possible, so we chose to use a courier and a proper packaging and shipping method.

You also have to take into account duty & taxes when shipping overseas, that's why it gets a bit expensive overall.

If it's too high for your liking, that's unfortunate, but you could consider getting one of the digital rewards instead. :)
MarioNintendo

Post by MarioNintendo »

Thanks Shingo, I appreciate you took the time to respond. :) I will most probably go with a digital copy, then. Good luck on getting your project funded, it deserves it!
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

MarioNintendo wrote:Thanks Shingo, I appreciate you took the time to respond. :) I will most probably go with a digital copy, then. Good luck on getting your project funded, it deserves it!
No problem!

And thanks for appreciating our work. :)