Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hamfighterx

Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win

Post by hamfighterx »

MachineAres 1CC wrote: Yep, LRG releases are usually 6-8 months out from when you order. It'll be a nice Thanksgiving or Christmas gift to yourself I guess?
Heh, I hadn’t thought of that but now I’m kinda hoping it does show up right around Christmas! These past several years it has become a bit of a holiday tradition for me to treat myself to ShotTriggers stuff for a Christmas gift!

2016 was the Garegga JPN box set (download code but cool set anyway), which I got a few days before Christmas and immediately gave to my wife and told her “wrap this please”. Played for hours on Christmas.

2018 was Ketsui physical... a liiitle bit of an early present since it came out at the end of November and I couldn’t wait.

2019 was ESP Ra.de physical Switch deluxe box, wrapped up and opened it on Dec. 25 :)

2020 was downloading PS4 Aleste late in the evening in Dec. 24 and playing it until after midnight! Also ordered the Switch physical LE with Game Gear mini, which arrived right at the end of the month.

2021 might be Dangun Feveron box! I am in no rush, can already play the game so maybe if it shows up any time from Oct-Dec I’ll save it to go under the tree!

And I always do a quick Deathsmiles IIX run as a holiday staple too. Hoping the Switch port arrives in time for this year.
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

I want to spend Christmas at hamfighterx's place! :D
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I'm still waiting for Doom 64 on Switch from last year.

I'll probably buy the LRG limited of DF. Its a shame you either get the bare bones for $40+ and all the extras for $99. Some of the $99 tier is a bit much for me. Books and paperworks are nice but you only look at them once or twice. I was gonna buy the PCB years ago, but its spiked in price a tad.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
heli

Post by heli »

Where do you keep all those big collector edition boxes ?
I almost dont have enough space for my games in normal boxes.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

heli wrote:Where do you keep all those big collector edition boxes ?
I almost dont have enough space for my games in normal boxes.
Sometimes I wonder myself. I have 650 movie steelbooks and 300 games and I live in a small home in the UK compared to some of the gigantic homes some of you live in.

I have a small of case of "can live with" rather than "can live without".
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Wilsoncqb1911

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

I only have 1 collector box- Garegga. DF will be my second. I also have a more minimalist sensibility in that I dont keep physical games and systems unless I really love them and will go back to them. So it limits the amount if stuff I have just piling up. I find I enjoy what I have more with some editing in my life.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Yeah I've also become a bit more minimalist in my gaming stuff. I don't store my disc games in original cases, instead putting them in a disc folder/binder (generally one per system) on one bookshelf. For my Switch games I got a bunch of the Hori 24-game cases so that takes up FAR less space than the original boxes. I hang onto some cases (mostly like, in a big box in attic/garage storage), but the footprint in my actual living space is fairly small.

That being said, I do have a couple little shrines to the gaming stuff I REALLY like, including:
1) A shelf of Cave/STG games and swag - all my physical 360 shooters, Cave soundtrack CDs and art books, some official superplay DVDs, a Cave coffee mug and iPhone case (that I used on my iPhone 4S), some of the special boxes (SDOJ, Deathsmiles, Espgaluda II, ShotTriggers Esp Ra.De box)... So yeah, the Dangun Feveron special edition stuff will go nicely there! I got the LRG special edition Garegga release too (the one with the vinyl soundtrack), but as that box is record-height it sits with my small shelf of game vinyl.
2) Aside from shooters, I have similar physical collections for Falcom RPGs, and Final Fantasy games/soundtracks/a few books.

Used to have more physical "stuff" - notably, a decent sized Neo Geo AES cart collection. But that took up way too much space, and frankly caused me some stress just worrying that something would happen to them. Ended up selling them all and buying the entire series of ACA Neo Geo releases on Switch for a fraction of the price. I'm pretty happy with that.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

I bit and got the regular edition. Not enough of a fan to want the extra crap.
I’ll be shooting myself in the foot when people are re-selling the LE for $400.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

LRG collector editions tend to be pretty lazy and cheap feeling, I don't think I'd regret passing over it.
heli

Post by heli »

I think the battle garegga limited edition is worth it, i would not mind having that, so cute pin + vinyl.
Better then a key thing and cd.

I dont think anyone is going to give 400 on ebay,
exept when johnpachi is drunk.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

heli wrote:I dont think anyone is going to give 400 on ebay,
exept when johnpachi is drunk.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

subcons wrote:
Sumez wrote:There's a physical release of ShotTriggers Ketsui already, what is it you're missing?
Wilsoncqb1911 wrote:I understand what hes saying though. I'd buy an official western release from LRG. The physicals for this and ESP Rade are Japanese and Asian physical releases only.
This is the answer. I'd like an English physical release with English menus. Heard rumblings about LRG being in talks with M2 about something for Ketsui and this soundtrack appears to be it. Could still happen; fingers crossed! Still awesome we have the region free import versions available to us, but I'd jump on an LRG release in a heartbeat just like I did for Dangun this morning. Also hoping we see Sorcer Striker.
Thanks fellas for clarifying. I thought I might have heard a North American physical coming, but maybe I misunderstood. I'll go with the Japanese. Awesome to have these games on physical for sure. Now patiently waiting for the Toaplan games we were promised...
heli

Post by heli »

Production Status: At LRG Warehouse

This means that the finished product has arrived at our warehouse and we are doing a final inspection and inventory count of the items. It has entered the shipping queue and will ship out based on its current position in the queue.

Where can i see how many are pressed ?
Anyone knows ?
Matsunaga

Post by Matsunaga »

Looks like I missed the boat on this one. Hopefully the scalpers aren’t too rough on eBay..
heli

Post by heli »

Just take a look on scalp-bay for pre-orders.
There should not be much scalping because it was unlimited pre-order.
heli

Post by heli »

Some psychopath sells it for US $129.99
Matsunaga

Post by Matsunaga »

I’m sure I’ll be able to get it at some point for a reasonable price. Once there’s 30 copies on eBay the price will come down.
therealjondoe

Post by therealjondoe »

Just got shipping notification for this
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

therealjondoe wrote:Just got shipping notification for this
Me too. Although they're shipping it to the wrong address. :evil:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Oh man. They actually sent out a mail the 12th requesting people to confirm the original address of their order.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Sumez wrote:Oh man. They actually sent out a mail the 12th requesting people to confirm the original address of their order.
I updated my address on my account months ago... I saw that email, double checked I had the right address and they've still shipped it to the wrong place.

Maybe if these morons could facilitate orders in a more timely manner this kind of thing wouldn't happen... as I recall I placed my original order a few months before I even moved house.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Eep! Mine has yet to ship, but I also did an address update just a couple weeks ago. *holds breath*
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Same here, how do I verify which address they actually shipped it to?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

XtraSmiley wrote:Same here, how do I verify which address they actually shipped it to?
Check the order. It will show a shipping address.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Well my copy has shipped and LRG haven't even bothered acknowledging the support email I sent yesterday.

Hopefully I can change the delivery address with DHL directly.

I shall do my best to not have to deal with these asshats again.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I haven't even gotten shipping confirmation emails from the last few orders I've received. Shit just shows up one day out of the blue.
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

Can't change my address with DHL directly and LRG don't respond to emails... or social media.

Arogant wankers. I'll just charge my credit card back and they can stick their game where the sun doesn't shine.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Jonpachi wrote:I haven't even gotten shipping confirmation emails from the last few orders I've received. Shit just shows up one day out of the blue.
Who doesn't love surprises?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Tarma wrote:Can't change my address with DHL directly and LRG don't respond to emails... or social media.

Arogant wankers. I'll just charge my credit card back and they can stick their game where the sun doesn't shine.
Well to be honest, it's a big holiday in the US this weekend, so they are probably closed until Monday.

Still, that's annoying, sorry! Can you swing by the old place to grab it or demand signature delivery by DHL, that way it gets sent back and you can have it re-mailed to you?
Tarma

Post by Tarma »

XtraSmiley wrote:
Tarma wrote:Can't change my address with DHL directly and LRG don't respond to emails... or social media.

Well to be honest, it's a big holiday in the US this weekend, so they are probably closed until Monday.

Still, that's annoying, sorry! Can you swing by the old place to grab it or demand signature delivery by DHL, that way it gets sent back and you can have it re-mailed to you?
Ah, yes, I must concede that I didn't take into account the Thanksgiving holidays... Hopefully they'll respond tomorrow then.

Nevertheless, I did update my account when I moved home (mid-June), so they've had that info for six months, nearly, and still ship it to the old address. Not good enough really.

Yeah, been weighing up my options to intercept the parcel, need to wait until more details are up on the tracking screen.