Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PFG 9000

Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win

Post by PFG 9000 »

So I was away from this forum for awhile and had no idea until today that Dangun Feveron was even on the PS4. Can anybody give me some help finding it with the Japanese interface? I can read zero Japanese. Usually I just blindly stumble through the store until I see the thumbnail of the game's cover art, but in this case I have no idea what to look for.

Is this what the icon and/or text will look like?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Yes, that's what the cover art and name look like on PS4. I'm not sure what would be the best way to find it via the PS4 store app's navigation, though.

If you have enough money in your PSN wallet, I think you should be able to buy it via the web store as long as you log in with your Japanese account: https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/pro ... FEVERONPS4
kog3100_edw

Post by kog3100_edw »

Assuming you've gone through the hassle of making a Japanese PSN account, use a PC/Mac to access the store through Google Chrome and just enable the translate options at the top of each appropriate webpage. I do this to shop the Japanese PSN store all the time and it makes cruising through it almost as simple as the USA version.

Again I'm assuming you have a JPN account... AND of course that you are familiar with obtaining yen in your wallet by buying PSN cards from Play-Asia or wherever.
PFG 9000

Post by PFG 9000 »

Thanks for the help. I got it to work. Using the website would certainly be the easier route. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to customize my language settings without going through the English site first, and once I was logged into the English site, the Japanese one kept reverting to my English log-in and I couldn't change the language settings. But after a few thrown controllers and choice words, I've got Dangun Feveron.

If only I knew how to disco.
GSK

Post by GSK »

Dangun Feveron's coming to XB1 on April 4, in Japan and internationally (the same countries as Garegga, I presume).

The PS4 version's getting an international release as well--maybe same-day, maybe a little later.

edit: same day for both, $34.99
Last edited by GSK on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bikingjahuty

Post by bikingjahuty »

I've never been a huge Feveron fan, but this is welcome news. Now, they just need to port Batrider to consoles and I'll be able to die happy.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I hope they release a physical version like they did Battle Garegga.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Austin

Post by Austin »

Good news in regards to the international release. I'll definitely be picking it up.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Not really for me but welcome the interest in porting for modern consoles, hopefully more to come
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Finally. Day 1.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Day 1, I'll take it. Heaven is here inside my soul! :D
bikingjahuty wrote:Now, they just need to port Batrider to consoles and I'll be able to die happy.
Yes, that & Bakraid.
Wouldn't mind seeing M2 make something of the Aleste series later. Super Aleste is one of my favorites on SNES.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

GSK wrote:The PS4 version's getting an international release as well--maybe same-day, maybe a little later.

How "international" can it be when the price is $ only... :?
GSK

Post by GSK »

Necronom wrote:
GSK wrote:The PS4 version's getting an international release as well--maybe same-day, maybe a little later.

How "international" can it be when the price is $ only... :?
At the very least, it'll launch in the US/Canada/Mexico and a few other countries like Germany, Hong Kong, etc.

They know from the Garegga release that there's a big demand from countries that weren't covered, like France and Brazil, but I don't know if Feveron will launch there.

Either way, buying out-of-region games on both PS4 and XB1 is not terribly difficult.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I cannot understand the pricing on this. It's insane. People would balk at a physical copy of this game, at that price.

I bought the JP version, and I'll probably buy this one too (gotta support the troops), but that price...who in the hell other than US are going to buy this?!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

evil_ash_xero wrote:who in the hell other than US are going to buy this?!
I doubt many more would be interested in it even if the price were lower. Probably better business for them to try to make more money off the small audience they can count on.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I cannot understand the pricing on this. It's insane. People would balk at a physical copy of this game, at that price.

I bought the JP version, and I'll probably buy this one too (gotta support the troops), but that price...who in the hell other than US are going to buy this?!
I guess the release is aimed at the hardcore fans only. It also seems like contrary to the Sega 3D classics the M2 Shottriggers series is completely financed out of M2's pocket.
Let's be honest, the price really doesn't matter here...hardcore Cave fans would buy even at twice the price while the ordinary gamer - with a certain interest in arcade style gaming - won't see the reason why he/she should buy this over Nex machina, even at half the price.
CMcK

Post by CMcK »

What’s the chances that the Japanese PS4 release will be updated to include English text similarly to what happened with Raiden V on Xbox One?
I may double dip Dangun just to get English menus.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

CMcK wrote:What’s the chances that the Japanese PS4 release will be updated to include English text similarly to what happened with Raiden V on Xbox One?
That didn't happen to Garegga, so I probably wouldn't count on it.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

$35 is a reasonable price point for a digital game.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

trap15 wrote:$35 is a reasonable price point for a digital game.
More like $35 is reasonable for a port done by M2. I would never even consider spending this much money for a digital-only game by other companies.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Those of you unhappy about the price, and planning on buying via PS4, do this:

1. go to live.playstation.com
2. sign in to your playstation account via that page
3. click on the quest that'll give you a 20% off coupon for watching the Far Cry 5 trailer
4. watch the game trailer to get the coupon
5. this coupon can't be used for preorders, but is good until the end of April.
6. use the coupon to buy Dangun Feveron on 4/4.
7. $$$

(might be US/NA only)
guigui

Post by guigui »

^ Done. Hope it works. Thank you for the head up.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Necronom wrote:while the ordinary gamer - with a certain interest in arcade style gaming - won't see the reason why he/she should buy this over Nex machina, even at half the price.
That, and the ordinary gamer isn't even buying Nex Machina which shows the sad state of affairs "arcade" style games are in right now. The hardcore fans need to suck it up and deal with the prices, or wait for a sale.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Special World

Post by Special World »

Yeah, any other developer and I'd be like "man, $35 for a cash-in port." With M2 I know they're invested in each game and won't go halfway. I mean, I'd probably still buy an expensive port of Battle Garegga, but probably not most other games. It's kind of the rare exception of "holy shit, somebody ported Battle Garegga?"

Still haven't gotten Dangun, but I intend to... at some point. The fact that I haven't yet is bizarre, considering I have a whole rack of Cave 360 STGs.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Does the game come with it's soundtrack? I really want that arrange OST pretty bad and I can't find it anywhere for purchase or download. :c
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

There's no official soundtrack release, but the game has a built-in music player, so...you could get creative if you really wanted.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Tokyo-J wrote:English Site is Live : http://m2stg.com/en/dangun-feveron/
The launching rocket in the bottom right corner is a nice touch. Hoping for a physical release, even if it ends up being LGR or something like that.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

OmegaFlareX wrote:
I hate to say this, but conditioning for digital/retro downloads to be $5 or max $10 started all the way back at the beginning of the Xbox 360 generation. Even as part of the target audience I have a hard time accepting this kind of pricing.