Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jeneki

Re: Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this win

Post by Jeneki »

Kjell1408 wrote: サイボーグフィーバー7
ステージクリア時点のサイボーグ兵士数を777に揃えた
I've been told you need to finish a stage with exactly 777 cyborgs. :shock:
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Google Translate seems to give pretty comprehensible translations for all of those, in case you haven't tried it. (Just paste in the description only for each, not the titles, of course.)
iconoclast

Dangan Lageron

Post by iconoclast »

Late warning, but if you plan on using a PS3 to stick to play this, don't waste your money. It adds a ton of input lag and makes the game control like shit.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

iconoclast wrote:Late warning, but if you plan on using a PS3 to stick to play this, don't waste your money. It adds a ton of input lag and makes the game control like shit.
Have you tested this? I played the PCB on my BVM and the ps4 version back to back and I got to the same spot I always get killed at. I don't notice any input lag with my Hori ps3 stick.
Keade

Re: Dangan Lageron

Post by Keade »

iconoclast wrote:Late warning, but if you plan on using a PS3 to stick to play this, don't waste your money. It adds a ton of input lag and makes the game control like shit.
You mean a PS3->PS4 controller adapter ?
Not all adapters are equal. The consensus at Shoryuken forums (the guys from there are supposed to be as sensitive to input lag as people here) is to recommend the adapter that Brooks manufactures.

Which adapter are you using ?
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Oops, I didn't notice that typo. I wasn't using an adapter, just my Qanba Q4 and the game's native PS3 controller detection. The lag difference between my stick and the Dual Shock 4 is night and day. The DS4 feels just like Shmupmame (which I practiced on before playing the PS4 version), so I can only assume there's a problem with the game's PS3 controller support. It's not unplayable (I 1cc'd it after a few hours), the lag is just frustrating to deal with.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

aren't you the guy who said saidaioujou lag is okay
this must be some next level delay
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

The difference is that I've only played Saidaioujou on the 360, so whatever lag that's there is how the game has always felt to me. With Feveron, I can switch between lagless versions and a laggy version whenever I want. Maybe it's like playing Futari with 0 delay vs some of the other options.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

So, how's the port overall? As good as Garegga's?
GSK

Post by GSK »

evil_ash_xero wrote:So, how's the port overall? As good as Garegga's?
Yes.

Some options to manage the framerate would have been nice, but it's not as if any of the workarounds are optimal.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

This game still seems impossible to me. :cry:

It's the speed, and the bullet bursts that just sink me. It's a very good port though, and a cool game.

Ketsui is next? As awesome as Ketsui is, that's kind of a drag. We already have that on two other systems. I wouldn't mind it so bad, if they released a couple at a time or whatever.
Any rumors to what's after Ketsui?
Any chance of Do DonPachi? That still needs a proper modern release.
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

evil_ash_xero wrote:This game still seems impossible to me. :cry:

It's the speed, and the bullet bursts that just sink me. It's a very good port though, and a cool game.

Ketsui is next? As awesome as Ketsui is, that's kind of a drag. We already have that on two other systems. I wouldn't mind it so bad, if they released a couple at a time or whatever.
I never got around to buying Ketsui, so I'm down. And yeah, I'd love to see DonPachi too
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Doctor Butler wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:This game still seems impossible to me. :cry:

I never got around to buying Ketsui, so I'm down. And yeah, I'd love to see DonPachi too
I'm sure M2 will do a fantastic job on it, so I'll still probably pick it up. Well, download it.
I wish they were a little more open about what games may be coming out.
ESP Ra.De. would be HIGH on my list, but who knows? Dangun Fevoron gets a port before that game? Weird.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The producer of the shottriggers series really loves Dangun, that's why :P
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm all for Esp Ra.De., DDP, and Progear ports, or IBL for that matter, but with two Cave games in a row, it would be sensible for M2 to switch their focus for the next title. Surely something should be revealed soon?
Everyone's (s)creaming for Toaplan. It's gonna happen for sure.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

why not a proper sdoj port
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

What about Armed Police Batrider, Battle Bakraid or Dimahoo? They never were released outside the arcade.
I personally would love a port of DonPachi & DoDonPachi.
And in my opinion, they should always do original mode, arrange mode and optimized mode (for optimized gameplay and scoreing in some of the games).
And as long as they don´t do physical releases, the should bring they games to STEAM.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Shadolf wrote:optimized mode (for optimized gameplay and scoreing in some of the games).
what did you mean by this
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Bananamatic wrote:
Shadolf wrote:optimized mode (for optimized gameplay and scoreing in some of the games).
what did you mean by this
It´s a little difficult to explain. A while ago I watched a episode of STG Weekly and the talked about the flaws of the game , I think it was Dogyuun.
With "optimized mode" I meant a mode were some of the flaws we know today about the game, are "removed" or maybe I should say optimized :) .
After many many years of people playing these games, there are often things that people wish they would have done better or in a another way.
Sometimes things like unpolished gameplay, because they had not enought time back in the day and they were concentrating on the grapic´s and stuff like that.
Last edited by Shadolf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Sounds like something that could get subjective really fast. I think what they are doing now by including completely new arrange modes is the better way to go.

Speaking of which, I don't recall anyone answering that question, did they fix the TLB in Dangun? I would assume they didn't to keep the scores comparable to the (Japanese) arcade version, but at least that was a pretty obvious flaw.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Sumez wrote:Sounds like something that could get subjective really fast. I think what they are doing now by including completely new arrange modes is the better way to go.
Yeah, maybe completely new arrage modes are what I meant essentially, depending on what is arraged. But this way it´s also a new challenge for the people who already know the original, so completely new is the way to go :) .
Last edited by Shadolf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I wish cave made arrange modes that are actually harder, with more difficult patterns and all

apparently "arrange" = autobomb, bullet cancelling everything, endless boss milking, making everything easier
just look at galuda II, it's not like arcade was a hard game to begin with and from there on it was just downhill in both enjoyment and challenge
did black label really need a shield that slows down bullets that are going to hit you?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

It's hit or miss. Espgaluda 1's arrange mode was definitely more challenging than the normal game.

It's not my impression that Cave have been involved with M2's arrange modes though?
GSK

Post by GSK »

Sumez wrote:Surely something should be revealed soon?
They've already announced two games in advance, Ketsui and Feveron Gakuen (not a port or even a STG, but a M2STG title nonetheless), so you probably shouldn't expect them to continue announcing titles until they've released the ones they're working on now.

I think a Compile-related announcement will come before a Toaplan-related announcement.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Sumez wrote:It's hit or miss. Espgaluda 1's arrange mode was definitely more challenging than the normal game.

It's not my impression that Cave have been involved with M2's arrange modes though?
Nor were they involved in Espgaluda 1's arrange mode, for that matter.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Compile? Really? What did I miss?

Also, does anyone care about Feveron Gakuen? I thought it was kinda a joke thing... Just a companion to the Dangun release.
donluca

Post by donluca »

Bananamatic wrote:I wish cave made arrange modes that are actually harder, with more difficult patterns and all

apparently "arrange" = autobomb, bullet cancelling everything, endless boss milking, making everything easier
just look at galuda II, it's not like arcade was a hard game to begin with and from there on it was just downhill in both enjoyment and challenge
did black label really need a shield that slows down bullets that are going to hit you?
I gotta agree here.

I 1CC'd the galuda 2 arrange mode on my first try and I'm one of the worst shmupper alive on this planet.
GSK

Post by GSK »

Sumez wrote:Compile? Really? What did I miss?

Also, does anyone care about Feveron Gakuen? I thought it was kinda a joke thing... Just a companion to the Dangun release.
Feveron Gakuen is an original production that's being made with people and resources that might otherwise be put towards more ports, so it's something that has to be taken into account whether you care about it or not.

M2 currently holds trademarks for certain Aleste games and has casually discussed acquiring the rights to others, but it may not come to anything--they had the mobile rights to several Toaplan games for years but let them lapse without ever doing anything, for example.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Have there been any news regarding the English release of this? Was an Xbox One release hinted as well or am I imagining things?
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Rupert H

Dangun Feveron PS4, ported/published by M2, out this winter

Post by Rupert H »

Does anybody know how you select Poko(?) (the player two cat) in the PS4 game? To clarify, I know the input code, but how do I actually input it as player 2? I haven’t seen an option to change player side.