Trouble Witches Origin! (PC/Steam) / Final! (PS/NS)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Re: Trouble Witches Origin! (Steam/Fall 2016)

Post by NeoStrayCat »

CStarFlare wrote:When I read TWO I thought, they're finally moving on the sequel?!

Then my heart sank.
Sorry...>.>

Though I still wish that was also coming out. <.<

Anyways, in good news, new character finally sighted.

From a famitsu article mentioning indie titles over at TGS 2016, and this includes TW Origin, it is supposedly set for a release around October, no date, of course.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
clippa

Post by clippa »

From the guys at fizzy red palpitation fuel "red bull", of all people :S - https://www.redbull.com/jp/ja/games/sto ... dio-siesta
google translate wrote:delivery scheduled to start in Steam in late October 2016
Sounds like it's still planned for the back end of this month.
freetranslation.com wrote:In late October 2016- in steam distribution will start in the studio siesta latest film the daughters of the cheese
Please, please can we call it "the daughters of the cheese" from now on?
google translate wrote:As a stepping stone "(as announced previously)" trouble ☆ Witches 2 ", I was trying to keep the time being out of the previous work in Steam, and emergency development begins, Kondo is crazy prime a new element, now such form "(Mr. Nishizawa)
freetranslation.com wrote:An announcement from the "(previously) Troubleshooting rating as the starting point of the cheese 2 , but it may in steam out to the previous and the economic development and with the start of the new element to the Kondo was piled away, and such a form" (Nishizawa)
Does that mean that "Troubleshooting rating as the starting point of the cheese 2" is being worked on and that they wanted to get this first one out on steam before they released it? Or does it mean that they're releasing this port to make money so that they can start work on the second one? Can anyone translate better than google?
clippa

Post by clippa »

It says early November now on the site - http://studio-siesta.mails.ne.jp/two/

I adore varstray but you have to book a week off work to play the damn thing, seems to last forever and now there's even a second loop. Looking forward to this, I remember it being really good on the 360.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Oh boy, another delay, lol.

But now there's a bright idea of when its supposedly coming out.
clippa

Post by clippa »

11/11, 980 yen (8 quid) - http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201610280008/
After this volume also released plans to add a large number of the "Challenge Mode" in DLC.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

lmao

just when I thought they might actually, finally, maybe be ready to move on to working on TW2, they announce an intention to continue milking their fifth release of their only successful title
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Exactly, but wish it had TWN!'s content too, but nope, oh well, anyways, another unfortunate delay to 11/18. (Hopefully, its final this time.)

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201611080004/
Spoiler
clippa

Post by clippa »

English (or there abouts) version of the website is up - http://studio-siesta.mails.ne.jp/two/web-en/index.html

Happy trouble witches day everyone, it's happening this time, I can feel it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Same here, its almost coming, and I'm ready to get it, surprised they put up an English version of the TWO! site, but at least its helpful, and will tell us something about the new character Kozakura.

Regardless, the site is still full of Engrish the same way Varstray may have been, lol.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, after a weekend delay, Trouble Witches Origin is available now for $10 USD or regional equivalent. (Sorry, no launch discount.)
NeoStrayCat

Re: Trouble Witches Origin! (Steam)

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Version 1.11 is live.

Patch notes -> http://studio-siesta.mails.ne.jp/two/web-en/update.html
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I miss the bad SNKringlish dub from the 360 version.. also, no playable Louie. :(

Obligatory discussion of toilet seat covers
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

So now that it's out, what exactly is Origin and how does it differ from the existing ports? Is it a port of the original PC game? It's Ver 2? AC?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

AC is included as its own separate mode, and though the "main" game is similar, and likely closer to that than other versions of TW, it's not quite identical.
I miss the bad SNKringlish dub from the 360 version.
Sickos like you and I really need to form a support group or something. ;)
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

i know this has been released a few times to be fair with differences from the last and i have got it every time but had to get it again and think this is nice, cant see it going into an attract mode which is disappointing.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, besides subtle differences between OG PC/AC/Neo (artstyle and UI changes nonwithstanding), Origin, its more or less likely the same as its predecessors.

Though at best, the Story/Arcade mode is more or less a bit different than Neo from what I remember (if going by the Original 3 characters Pril/Aqua/Yuki story fronts, Sies NWS, since I've never seen her's.), but I might have to see it sometime. Though the mode plays a little longer than its predecessors with more enemies or making the stages/environments seem a bit longer than I thought it would be. Or that's just me. (Though I'm going to miss the Decoy and Roll cards from Neo, Origin adds Meteor [fullscreen drops] and Force [similar to Roll].) Though Kozakura is good as a new character, Sakurako from Neo was still feeling a bit similar.

AC mode is more or less your typical harder mode (even though there's difficulty options regardless), though at the cost of 4:3 view, and the Meteor/Force cards not useable and similar to the OC PC version.

Challenge Mode makes a comeback, but its the Score Challenge to score high either in 2 (was 3 in Neo) or 5 minutes. No Boss Rush in this though.

Other than that, usual options/leaderboards/etc. round up the game quite nicely. (Though this doesn't have replays, nor card switching from OG PC ver., nor the characters from Neo, but I'll take what I can get.)
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, this is unexpected, though it fits the character herself into this game, and the game didn't have much in updates lately until now...I present to you...

Cotton (and Silk) herself! The DLC character is $6 and the game has also updated as well.

More info here... -> http://studio-siesta.mails.ne.jp/two/we ... al_en.html

Store page -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/69131 ... r__Cotton/
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

I mean, it makes more sense than Space Lolis :lol: Nice to see they're still using machine translate.
Seems like she's been deliberately overpowered, which is disappointing. Didn't they already have an OP DLC character, or is she not in this version?
Either way, is it bad that this has vaguely piqued my interest in this version?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:I mean, it makes more sense than Space Lolis :lol: Nice to see they're still using machine translate.
Seems like she's been deliberately overpowered, which is disappointing. Didn't they already have an OP DLC character, or is she not in this version?
Either way, is it bad that this has vaguely piqued my interest in this version?
Yeah, they did that with Luca in TWN! Seems the trend continues. (But no, Luca is not in Origin though.) Though yeah, at $6, its kinda weird how they're pricing her, though it makes more sense since they're giving her an alternative soundtrack when you play as her though or something.

She can be used in all modes, so...yeah, lol.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Gah...my brain says no, but my intrinsic fondness for the later Cotton games disagrees...
Kino

Post by Kino »

Last edited by Kino on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

^ Glad I'm not the only one. :mrgreen:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Though yeah, at $6, its kinda weird how they're pricing her, though it makes more sense since they're giving her an alternative soundtrack when you play as her though or something.
Yeah, seems like she has her own soundtrack, and voice acting, too. $6 is more than a fair enough price, but it just looks funny when the base game is only $10. :lol:
Also, Luca isn't in there, eh? I guess Sakura is the only Neo character they made a bootleg version of.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Kozakura, and yes, somewhat bootleged, but more better than Sakurako in one way than another.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

So Cotton is now the $6 Witch?

Played through a single credit of Story Mode and holy shit is she broken! She makes Luca look like a C-Tier character. Cotton's main shot is obscenely powerful and decimates everything. All of Draupnir's forms went down so fast he didn't even complete one cycle of each attack phase. Silk also grants her a ton of meter... by the end of the game I had 330 which is crazy-high (plus it refills laughably quick)! If you want an easy 100+ million on an all clear, this is the character to play as.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Sell me on this game pls
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Based on my not-exactly-thorough experience with Neo! (I got to ST5 Boss @ Normal mode a few times), I'd say that what you see is what you get: a fun & unique scoring with, uh, serviceable level and boss design, I guess. It's been a while, but I don't remember the boss/level design being particularly great or bad, just okay. There's some occasional "enviromental obstacle" kind of stuff if you have a hard-on for that, but definitely don't expect R-Type/Gradius out of it. The fun's more in figuring out how to rake in the cash, and then what cards (special weapons you buy from the shops) to buy and where to use them to rake in the SCOAR (if you like seeing lots of bullets turn into shinies, you might like this game). Oh, and, of course, wrecking shit with some of the special weapons (like the GIANT FIREBALL) is its own fun :mrgreen:
Fair warning, I seem to remember the 3rd and 4th bosses having some RNG stuff that can make them a bit tedious, and that some amount of boss milking is part of the scoring. I don't know what all bosses you milk, but I at least remember watching a leaderboard replay where the guy piled up bullets on the first boss for several minutes before moving on. (You also, technically, to an extent, milk a lot of the regular enemies)
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

What Mambo said, also, you might want to look up gameplay for it. (Cause its better to watch how the game is before buying.)

But yeah, its a solid series that makes its mechanics fun to play with.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, barely any news on Trouble Witches Origin for a while, but hey, look who decided to return.

Louis/Louie, Cynfi/Symphony, Conon/Conan, and Raya/Lyla return in TWO! (Though I find it kinda stupid they were part of AC/Neo in the base roster, putting them as DLC is kinda lowballing.)

Either way, the release date for the characters is on 12/21/17 per the characters steam pages. Price not yet revealed yet, but i doubt they'll cost the same as Cotton. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71608 ... er__Louis/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71574 ... er__Cynfi/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71608 ... er__Conon/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71608 ... ter__Raya/
Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

lol DLC overload
At this point, I don't think I'd want to pay all this for a rehash of a game that I bought for $10 :roll:
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

LOUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!