Trouble Witches Origin! (PC/Steam) / Final! (PS/NS)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Trouble Witches Origin! (PC/Steam) / Final! (PS/NS)

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, guys, seems that Varstray did some good rounds from Siesta, though yeah, it sucks that TWN got delisted on 360, a newer version takes its place, and better yet, its coming to steam, now available for $10 or regional equivalent.

I wonder how "Origin" will work out I presume, and by damn, hurry up on Episode 2, will ya Siesta...>.>
Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
mamboFoxtrot

Re: Trouble Witches Origin! (Steam/Summer 2016)

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

So, this is a new game, and not some kind of port or update to the original PC game?
I wasn't a huge fan of Neo, but I'll still take interest in this.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

I hope this has English VA and that it's even worse than Trouble Witches Neo
Legendary Hoamaru

Post by Legendary Hoamaru »

Really enjoyed Neo, so glad an update to the Original isn't loss to the abyss of delisted content. Curious on what the additions will be.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:So, this is a new game, and not some kind of port or update to the original PC game?
Well, considering its still..."Episode 1", probably not, just a steam version with whatever content TWN! had, along with further new stuff exclusive to the steam release. (Edit/Update: You're probably right, its probably just the original PC port updated, considering the HUD is similar...>.>)
Keres wrote:I hope this has English VA and that it's even worse than Trouble Witches Neo
I really hope not, the English VA's were cringeworthy, but really funny to laugh at, lol. But you never know. (Edit/Update: Anyways, there won't be any of that regardless. <.<)
Legendary Hoamaru wrote:Really enjoyed Neo, so glad an update to the Original isn't loss to the abyss of delisted content. Curious on what the additions will be.
No one knows for sure yet, the image on first post is just really a teaser, a main site page hasn't been ready yet, they did with Varstray, so hopefully the same with this. For now, we must wait and see. (Edit/Update: Well, on second thought. >.<)
Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cfx

Post by cfx »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
mamboFoxtrot wrote:So, this is a new game, and not some kind of port or update to the original PC game?
Well, considering its still..."Episode 1", probably not, just a steam version with whatever content TWN! had, along with further new stuff exclusive to the steam release.
How do you know this? "Origin" might just as well suggest it's based on the original PC doujin release, not Neo. The art seems to suggest new character(s)? or maybe it's just such a different style I don't recognize them anymore.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The doujin version would make the most sense to me - easy port; I'm not sure if AC/Neo would be.

It's a good game. One of the few doujin said I bought a physical copy of.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

cfx wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Well, considering its still..."Episode 1", probably not, just a steam version with whatever content TWN! had, along with further new stuff exclusive to the steam release.
How do you know this? "Origin" might just as well suggest it's based on the original PC doujin release, not Neo. The art seems to suggest new character(s)? or maybe it's just such a different style I don't recognize them anymore.
Yeah, I guess it could be anything, but hey, I guess we'll find out and see.
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

I assume SNK owns the rights to Neo, so this release will have to go back to the original.

Comedy option: all English dialogue translated Varstray style with everyone cursing like sailors?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Remembrance wrote:I assume SNK owns the rights to Neo, so this release will have to go back to the original.

Comedy option: all English dialogue translated Varstray style with everyone cursing like sailors?
Probably so...And no, no swearing that was in TWN! Just hilariously badly done voice acting, lol. X3
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Good for them, shame that SNK delisted the game. Hopefully it will include some nice additions.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Oniros wrote:Good for them, shame that SNK delisted the game. Hopefully it will include some nice additions.
I wouldn't be so sure, not even really knowing that SNK or Siesta (Or Adventure) ask to axe it from XBL, as both SNK and Siesta are still around, not sure about Adventure really, but maybe it was only just there for a limited time on Siesta's case (as they kinda mentioned it somewhere on their site for the game), though yeah, 4 years time listed is long enough.

Either way, its new home for Steam would be nice for additions.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Neo! was awesome, I'd gladly play this.
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

The Steam page is up already!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460630
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

From the description on the Steam page (trigger warning - Engrish):
◆That witches come back undergone a further power-up!

◆New character "Fuminoimiki Kozakura" is entered! Referred to as the secret weapon of the east of the country her ability and how!?

◆Creative and beautiful all six stages are all re-adjust based on the coterie version. New capture of the cavalcade, yet familiar.

◆1280 × 720 resolution. All the graphic re-adjustment.

◆The biggest feature "Magic Circle system" more easy-to-use adjustment. Exhilaration of alchemic the past the largest !

◆All stories by full voice is raised new writing. Of course, also in English subtitles corresponding!

◆It plans to add a large number of the "Challenge Mode" in DLC even after the main release. TW of the world are endless!
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Tatsuya79

Post by Tatsuya79 »

Exhilaration of alchemic the past the largest !
And that makes it for me.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, that was quick, lol, although, coming from those screenshots, this seems to be based on the original PC version, rather than TWN!, oh boy...>.>

But hey, it includes a new character though. And to prepare disappointment for some of you guys, the game will not have the hilarious badly done English Voice acting, so yeah, sorry, lol.

And yet again, Siesta goes hammy with the Engrish descriptions, lol. Seriously, is there someone on the team there that can put in English descriptions natrually, lol. I hope they don't go nuts with the English text as they did with Varstray, lol.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Shepardus wrote:description on the Steam page (trigger warning - Engrish)
I'm dead. It's been a while since I've read such glorious engrish.
NeoStrayCat wrote:this seems to be based on the original PC version, rather than TWN!
They're using that old art, too. :oops: Granted, with "Origin" in the title, we probably shouldn't have expected otherwise.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

TWN is one of my favorite shmups ever. So far, this version seems different enough from Neo to justify a purchase from me. I just wish Studio Siesta would offer a physical print.

I wonder if that new character is just going to be a sprite-swap of Sakurako.
:lol:
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Cuilan wrote:TWN is one of my favorite shmups ever. So far, this version seems different enough from Neo to justify a purchase from me. I just wish Studio Siesta would offer a physical print.

I wonder if that new character is just going to be a sprite-swap of Sakurako.
Well, they did with Varstray with the pysical edition, I hope they'll do the same to TW Origin. Also, yeah, I have my doubts if its a sprite skin of Sakurako, maybe, maybe not, but we'll probably know sooner upon release. Though I just wish the stream release would have had TWN's! content on there too, than rather the looks and feels of the original PC version. At least though this'll be something for those that missed the 360's release regardless.
Devdan

Post by Devdan »

TWN was delisted? Bah, I actually quite liked that game. I assume I can still play it, having downloaded it, but I guess the leaderboards probably were taken down? What's with shmups being delisted, like the android Cave games, ug.

I need a new PC, what's the cheapest PC I can buy that's good enough to run shumps on steam? Stupid question, and not the right place for it, but I'm so bad at these things. I have an alienware laptop, you'd think just by virtue of the name alienware it would be able to run games from the 2000's without issues, but you would be dead wrong.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Devdan wrote:TWN was delisted? Bah, I actually quite liked that game. I assume I can still play it, having downloaded it, but I guess the leaderboards probably were taken down? What's with shmups being delisted, like the android Cave games, ugh.

I need a new PC, what's the cheapest PC I can buy that's good enough to run shumps on steam? Stupid question, and not the right place for it, but I'm so bad at these things. I have an alienware laptop, you'd think just by virtue of the name alienware it would be able to run games from the 2000's without issues, but you would be dead wrong.
No, I can play it just fine (still have it to this day), even after delisting, as long as you bought the game beforehand, of course. And no, Leaderboards are still there, its also P2P for the online co-op, not servers like certain companies tend to and yank them the year after release as an example. And also, I still dunno the exact reason why TWN! got delisted, SNK and Siesta are still around, though I'm not sure on Bouken (Adventure) as a company's status. Though I guess this was only a limited time license deal that went as long as it did, maybe, maybe not.

Also, I'm not much of a tech person, So I can't help you there. Even though Alienware PC's are supposedly to run games with higher settings, but yeah, age kicks in with older titles and older compatibility lists.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Hey, sorry for the double post, its has been a while since hardly an update to TW Origin! But hey, new key art!

Not only that, the steam page has added in short trailers lately and the UI/HUD is a bit different now in the screenshots, and no, the new character hasn't been seen yet playable, but hopefully soon.

Also, official site open! -> http://studio-siesta.mails.ne.jp/two/

If anyone can read moonrunes, it would be real nice what the new characters story is about, no google translate please.

Still on track for a Summer release (but when? >.>)
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

Neo! had (unappealing) polygonal graphics, so this might be a straight port of the first installment.
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Was scheduled for release 31 july, but delayed till later this year
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Studio Siesta is dropping the ball lately. Between Varstray being unfinished for like six months after launch and a delay of a PC release of PC game it's probably better that they're not really trying to do TW2 right now.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Based on the Steam and official page, this is definitely not just a straight repackage of the original PC version. This version is 720p, Widescreen, and the stages are based on the AC versions of the game. Also, all of the portrait art is new, and the UI is closer to Neo/AC than the original PC release.

So basically, it's a new revision close to AC than Neo most likely. Looks like we might have lost all of the new characters since the PC version unfortunately.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:Based on the Steam and official page, this is definitely not just a straight repackage of the original PC version. This version is 720p, Widescreen, and the stages are based on the AC versions of the game. Also, all of the portrait art is new, and the UI is closer to Neo/AC than the original PC release.

So basically, it's a new revision close to AC than Neo most likely. Looks like we might have lost all of the new characters since the PC version unfortunately.
To me, it actually is, this is nothing new. Even though it looks more like AC to the original version. Its still the same game regardless, minus the extra characters added to TWN.

But hey, at least you can play as the mid-boss and the new character exclusive to TWO. And all I thought, when is it still going to be out. >.>
NeoStrayCat

Re: Trouble Witches Origin! (Steam/Fall 2016)

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Sorry for the double post, but if anyone's heading out to TGS 2016, it seems that TWO! will be exhibited there, along with Varstray.

Look for it at the Indie Game area in section "9-B14" - Exhibitor: Rocket-Engine. http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2016/bus ... l/302.html
CStarFlare

Re: Trouble Witches Origin! (Steam/Fall 2016)

Post by CStarFlare »

When I read TWO I thought, they're finally moving on the sequel?!

Then my heart sank.