Wich is your favourite Twinbee Game and Why?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

Wich is your favourite twinbee Game

Poll ended at Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Twinbee Arc
12%
Dettana Twinbee
29%
Twinbee Yahoo
24%
Pop n Twinbee
24%
Twinbee Da!
No votes
Stinger
No votes
Twinbee 3
12%

Total votes: 17

PowerofElsydeon

Wich is your favourite Twinbee Game and Why?

Post by PowerofElsydeon »

Even tough I haven t Try d Hard enough to 1CC I ve already fall in love with the enfeminate aestectics while the bells are not pissing me off
Shame I cant nab anyone my skill level on my PSP ad hoc
So wich do u think is the best the easiest and the hardest
Xyga

Re: Wich is your favourite Twinbee Game and Why?

Post by Xyga »

No "the bells are pissing me off" option ?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

I'd love to love all the games (being a huge Konami enthusiast), but man, everything harder than the PCE Detana!! TwinBee aggravates me to no end. :oops: The arcade Detana!! in particular is so freaking hard it's not even funny anymore (the Japanese wiki lists a 2-ALL of this game with 44 points, just one point below a 2-ALL of DOJ WL!). That's why I really enjoy Pop'n, even I can play it for score while not wanting to kill myself at the same time. :lol:
KAI

Post by KAI »

TwinBee Taisen Puzzle Dama because the puzzle dama series is the shit.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Stinger
Very easy. The hardest part is getting some powerups at the beginning. At least it's fun to play it with 14 speedups lol
Twinbee 3
Harder to no-miss on Hard difficulty but still easy to clear cause a lot of extends for every 100k points (I've got a 1.3 mil points on my run). And the bad thing that it's very short - just 5 stages long.
Pop 'n Twinbee
Really enjoyable. Not primitive and not frustrating on default difficulty (but it gets really challenging on hardest difficult and completely insane on second loop). Graphics, music, level design and powerups - everything is great.
Detana Twinbee Arcade
Just no.
Last edited by OmKol on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Xyga wrote:No "the bells are pissing me off" option ?
ROFL!
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BIL

Post by BIL »

OmKol wrote:Detana Twinbee Arcade
Just no.
img
Bahahaha! Konami hitboxes make the best pics! :mrgreen:

Anyone know if PCE Detana addressed this? I've been getting soft and pampered by Salamander and Gradius II's conspicuously reasonable PCE hitboxes. Soon I'll have to head back into the AC fray... Image

*BOOM* "I SWEAR TO DRUNK OFFICER I'M NOT GOD"
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

PCE Detana!! TwinBee has much improved hitboxes, just like PCE Salamander (which is leaps and bounds ahead of the arcade version in my opinion). It's also much, much easier than the arcade version even though the rank starts to get fairly nasty on later stages if you score well. It's a great conversion, comes highly recommended!

Gradius II PCE is unprecedently interesting with its second loop. While the difficulty doesn't increase nearly as much as in the arcade version I'm still baffled how to handle the moai boss, it seems like there's not enough space to dodge the projectiles and suicide bullets. :shock:
KoopaTGR

Post by KoopaTGR »

TwinBee Yahhoo! would be my most favourite. It has a more modern feel than the other games and has flashy graphic effects, plus the console version has 2 extra extends!

Detana TwinBee (AC) is another favourite. I don't think it's as hard as everyone says, but it does have touchy hitboxes :lol: The second loop is much harder than the first though, as the same Japanese wiki lists a first loop clear as level 17. I've gotten to the last stage in the first loop before.

I'm starting to like Pop'n TwinBee a bit more after spending some time with it.

Don't know much about the others.
PowerofElsydeon

The hell is that japanese wiki?
KoopaTGR

Post by KoopaTGR »

PowerofElsydeon wrote:The hell is that japanese wiki?
http://www.wikihouse.com/stg/index.php? ... 0%EC%CD%F7

A Japanese list of shooting games sorted by difficulty.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I want to like the Twin Bee games, but somehow I never seem to really get into any games with a Xevious-like ground-bombing mechanic.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Herr Schatten wrote:I want to like the Twin Bee games, but somehow I never seem to really get into any games with a Xevious-like ground-bombing mechanic.
Having to juggle bells at the same time doesn't help either.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Although I dislike some of the cheap deaths in Twinbee Yahhoo!, it's still my favorite in the series and one of my all-time favorites. The first couple of levels and especially the second feel pretty deep. Feels like an unlimited number of possibilities, and the game rarely unfolds the same way twice.
PowerofElsydeon

Hi guys Im proud to anounce I ve beat Arc Detana
The arcade Detana!! in particular is so freaking hard it's not even funny anymore (the Japanese wiki lists a 2-ALL of this game with 44 points, just one point below a 2-ALL of DOJ WL!)
Im not trying to be cocky or anything
But I don t see why this game is so hard aside frustrating parts like the Snake or the amount of crap in the beach level combined with the Gradius Syndrome

I will try to get into this high score stuff starting with this game
Since 1 750 000 is nothin fantastic

By the way Pastel is hot Image
Mero

Post by Mero »

PowerofElsydeon wrote:Hi guys Im proud to anounce I ve beat Arc Detana
The arcade Detana!! in particular is so freaking hard it's not even funny anymore (the Japanese wiki lists a 2-ALL of this game with 44 points, just one point below a 2-ALL of DOJ WL!)
But I don t see why this game is so hard aside frustrating parts like the Snake or the amount of crap in the beach level combined with the Gradius Syndrome
It's pretty hard because 1 death can end your run, also no extends.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

PowerofElsydeon wrote:Hi guys Im proud to anounce I ve beat Arc Detana
A 2-loop clear (as it says, "2-ALL") is what's considered to be so hard, not a 1-loop clear. The second loop of Detana Twinbee is where the difficulty reputedly gets crazy, thanks to things like suicide bullets. I will basically guarantee you that you haven't beaten both loops of the arcade Detana. :wink:
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

OmKol wrote: Image
OMG.
Bloodreign

Post by Bloodreign »

Yahho gets the nod, beautiful vibrant game, cheerful environment, great music. Love Detana as well, but put it in second place in Twinbee games for myself. There's a reason I have all the FC titles, both SFC games (Pop N and Rainbow Bell Adventure NTSC-J), the Saturn Deluxe Pack, and the PSP Twinbee Portable game, just love the series in general. The last one though really brings the games to life as we get to see more of the games characters (Pop N SFC and Detana also had them), and more meat to the games than the original arcade game.
FabulousVioletGuy

Post by FabulousVioletGuy »

In the original arcade game, I've been wondering why sometimes bosses have a different theme that'll play and why the power-up theme plays when you kill a bell that has turned into a bee. Anyone know?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Detana!!

(It's going to win so I won't bother voting)

My roommates don't play shooters. However, If I'm playing Detana Twinbee on switch and one of them walks in, it's pretty much a guarantee they're going to grab the other controller. It's because it's fun and that's ultimately why I play these things
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Anyone interested in Twinbee should follow the efforts of korean player RefKey who is trying to 2ALL Detana. He's gotten to 2-5 or so, so he's made serious progress and he's a pretty nice and approachable guy. He's even participated in recent Ultramania Stream Relay that was a few weeks ago.

Good vids to watch if you ever dream of conquering Detana.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

KoopaTGR wrote:TwinBee Yahhoo! would be my most favourite. It has a more modern feel than the other games and has flashy graphic effects, plus the console version has 2 extra extends!
Old post, but I'll ask nevertheless - is there any other difference between TB Yahhoo! AC and the console ports?

I always thought TB Yahhoo! deserves more recognition, though I only played the Saturn version. One day I have to try the TB Da! remake by M2, even if most likely it's just OK.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Are the hitboxes also different in the X68000, PSX, and Saturn ports of Detana? I'm under the impression that the latter two ports are based on the X68000 version.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Yahho.