FullBlast on Greenlight

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
tucho

FullBlast on Greenlight

Post by tucho »

FullBlast is on Steam Greenlight, any vote or help spreading our project is more than welcome :)

FullBlast is a retro style vertical Shoot'em up that will delight nostalgic players who have grown up
playing SHMUPS on arcade machines.

FullBlast's graphics are inspired on titles from the 80's and 90's, but using current technology and
visuals, so it may result also attractive for the new generation of players that could discover a
genre largely untapped today.

Regarding gameplay, FullBlast features classic SHMUP mechanics, this is not a bullet hell game, it is
a fast paced action game, but more like the old classics.

The game features a story campaign of 12 random levels. As usual in every game of this genre,
mankind is at the verge of extinction due to alien invasion and you're the last hope to save the
world, so take the control of your powerful fighter and upgrade your weapons to kill thousands of
alien ships and creatures.

- Gorgeous 3D graphics
- Story campaign of 12 random levels
- 2 player co-op mode
- Power ups and power downs, watch out what you pick!!!
- 4 Mini bosses
- 3 Mega bosses
- 3 Difficulty levels
- Heavy metal sound track
- Achievements and leaderboards

Barba

Re: FullBlast on Greenlight

Post by Barba »

First impression:

Looks good, partially. Environment and enemies are great.
The player weapons/shots feel super slow and sparse. And I would ditch and redo the explosions completely.
tucho

Post by tucho »

Thanks for your feedback Barba, if Greenlight is successful we plan to test the game with volunteers, to polish all aspects of it before release, and we may make changes depending on the users feedback.
ShamefurDispray

Post by ShamefurDispray »

Looks cool! I'd say add MORE comic-like text to give it that comic book aesthetic. That's unique.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Your game looks gorgeus in a small device like my Iphone.

If you want to improve your game, you should change player round bullets to rectangular ones like Raiden or Strikers 1945, 1942, etc.. Also, you should consider increase dramatically the speed of bullets as others users had said previously, and the ship slightly . It will make the game more dynamic and satisfying

I would suggest also avoiding the "boom" text in explosions, as it's the only cartoonish license in the game and it's not consistent with the other content. Make explosions more spectacular, not bigger or slower, will be great.

Continuad así! Podeis acabar desarrollando un juego excelente.. Ánimo.
Contad conmigo si necesitais alguien que pruebe el juego en mac :wink:
Working in the japanese language achievement
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Graphically, the game looks very good - clean, identifiable, with a dash of style! Both enemy models and backgrounds thus far are pleasant to look at. I agree with others that the Boom! is a little out of place.

I will echo the general complaint of the slow shot speed. I think speeding it up might make the game look more fast-paced and dynamic. However, this might mean retweaking the enemy bullet speeds and/or health to compensate.

Other critiques/compliments in this thread are fair. Congratulations on Greenlight and I will give you a vote!
tucho

Post by tucho »

Thank you very much for your feedback guys :)

FullBlast has been greenlit and its store page is live :), so we are finally ready to start the closed beta in few days. The plan is to stay in beta for about a month to test and polish the game before release (January 28th)

We will be giving away keys for the first 100 mails received, We expect some feedback and bug report if it is the case, and you will receive a copy of the final game when released.

If you are interested in participating please mail us to beta@ufocrashgames.com, please include your system specs and also specify if you are fluent in any of: English, Spanish, French, German or Italian

AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Wait a sec, didn't I already watch this trailer or is it yet another deja vu of mine?
No, I did see it on the WiiU eShop. Glad this game is coming out on other platforms.
tucho

Post by tucho »

Thanks for your comments AxelMill :) and Yep, it is already released on Wii U.
tucho

Post by tucho »

FullBlast is finally out on Steam!, 15% off during first week!

clippa

Post by clippa »

kane wrote:decrease the ship hitbox ... if I'm not wrong it is the entire ship at the moment.
I think it's more like your area postcode

http://postimg.org/image/behfuf7rz/
http://postimg.org/image/pknq0svv7/
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I posted a Steam review (under the name "TwitchinSal") if anyone's interested in my take on the game.
clippa

Post by clippa »

Have you had any collision detection issues, BM? I done a fresh download on a different pc and I'm still having issues, especially with those crab turrets.

http://postimg.org/image/dhqytdsth/

Agree with your review. There's so much potential there, the game could be really good with a few tweaks.
The whole cartoony aesthetic is fab, reminds me of old amiga games (through rose tinted spectacles, of course).

I think a shmup has to be borderline unplayable for me not to enjoy it on some level, but the collision detection issue and the length of playthroughs is stopping me from jumping back in at the minute.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

clippa wrote:Have you had any collision detection issues, BM?
Honest to goodness I can't say I did, at least not to the point where I noticed them; I actually managed some fairly close dodges without getting nicked. Mind you, it's definitely possible I missed an oddball or two, especially since individual hits are so inconsequential, but nothing seemed to screw me the way you've depicted in the GIFs you've posted.
tucho

Post by tucho »

I missed this thread,

@BulletMagnet: Thank you for your feedback

@clippa: We was talking about this issue on the Steam forums, I can't figure out where is exactly the problem, I played hundreds of hours on 3 different PCs with very different Specs while the testing and it never happens; beta testers didn't report any similar bug either... maybe could be something related with the resolution of your screen? have you tried different ones?
clippa

Post by clippa »

I've got a 120hz 1920x1080 monitor upstairs and 60hz 1680x1050 monitor downstairs. Did a fresh download on both pc's (the only thing that's the same about the different pc's is the operating system (windows 7 x64)) and it's happening on both.
I can't work it out, it does seem to be only me that it's happening to.
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

FYI this is on Ps4 psn
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

2dvertical wrote:FYI this is on Ps4 psn
Also on PS Vita and Xbox One as well
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project