Raiden III PC (Cyberfront Release) Graphical Glitch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Trevor spencer

Re: Raiden III PC (Cyberfront Release) Graphical Glitch

Post by Trevor spencer »

Hi

Im having the same problem with the missing graphics , did you ever find a fix ? Thanks
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

You could try the GOG version if you're using the original retail version, and the original retail version if you're using the GOG version. They do have compatibility differences in how the rendering is set up, but I'm unsure of the specifics.

If that doesn't work try graphic wrappers. The GOG release actually breaks compatibility with graphic wrappers so if that's all you have, you need to grab a modified exe from here:
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=774157#p774157

Then you can try dgVoodoo, DXVK and WineD3D (didn't work two years ago, might work now).

I recommend dgVoodoo since it can render at a higher resolutions making the game look significantly better on modern displays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHL00xIBhZU
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Thanks for the info , I'll check ot out
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Already discussed in another thread, but you can finish off the boss(es) here quicker by blue-lasering the red jewel thing of theirs from point blank range (at risk of getting done in by the sniper entering from above). Even bosses whose red jewel is not so easily approchable at such relatively low risk - as a rule go "ka-boom" sooner if you keep blue-lasering them from the right-behind-jewel spot.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Trevor spencer wrote:Thanks for the info , I'll check ot out
Remember to post the results here, so others don't waste their time if it doesn't work.
Obiwanshinobi wrote:
Already discussed in another thread, but you can finish off the boss(es) here quicker by blue-lasering the red jewel thing of theirs from point blank range (at risk of getting done in by the sniper entering from above). Even bosses whose red jewel is not so easily approchable at such relatively low risk - as a rule go "ka-boom" sooner if you keep blue-lasering them from the right-behind-jewel spot.
Interesting, that doesn't look clearly signaled to me. I'll try that next time, but as you can see from the video I'm not good at the game and am more worried about surviving in later stages than optimizing stage 1.