DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
qmish

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by qmish »

Sorry for "weakling" question, but i remember there was a video showing tactics/tips against several, if not all, dbcs bosses; as i cant find it anymore i'm wondering if its one of videos that got deleted (and youtube never say me what from my playlists was deleted) (yeah i think it was youtube, not niconico, but still guess it was in japanese).

p.s. maybe it was the one which was here https://youtu.be/wv6yz-55oks though maybe not, google takes me to this description "一部の人以外何の参考にもならんACボス撃破動画みっけた "
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

New patch on Steam:

- Receive points on death in CS Mode until you buy all ships
- AC Mode setting: lets you decide which controller controls which player (i.e. color/starting point)
- Replaced Odyssey images with higher resolution images
- Full controller support: the launcher can be now setup with a controller
- Small Bug Fixes
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

Hi guys remember me?

... no?
Oh well.

I just 100%'d CS mode
Casual shmup player
rtw

Post by rtw »

Steelix100 wrote:Hi guys remember me?

... no?
Oh well.

I just 100%'d CS mode
Congrats :mrgreen:
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Still no A-Z course DLC :(
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

CStarFlare wrote:Still no A-Z course DLC :(
But there's no M and N Zones :V
Casual shmup player
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations Steelix100!
Did you clear all the missions with the preset ships? I am quite close to doing that, with only around 10 missions left, but some of the longer ones can be disheartening knowing you'll have to do it all over again if you die against the mission's last boss. A few also pit you against Gigantic Bite with ships that lack the Burst module that sets-up a wall, that's kinda crazy.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

M.Knight wrote:Congratulations Steelix100!
Did you clear all the missions with the preset ships? I am quite close to doing that, with only around 10 missions left, but some of the longer ones can be disheartening knowing you'll have to do it all over again if you die against the mission's last boss. A few also pit you against Gigantic Bite with ships that lack the Burst module that sets-up a wall, that's kinda crazy.
Yep, ALL of them with the preset ships~
The first time I fought Gigantic Bite was with Origin, when I got to it the first time I was like O.O
It took me quite a while, as I have about 160 hours in-game, most of it on just clearing CS mode missions.

Also I'm salty. I FINALLY got all the achievements, but I didn't get the "Chronicle Saviours" achievement for getting all the achievements.
What gives =/
Casual shmup player
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Welcome to the Hate Your Life Enough to 100% CS Mode With Presets Club and congrats! I swear I'll get back to working on AC mode someday. Maybe. :?
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

o shit ur right

ac mode is in the game
I totally forgot~ :lol:
Also also also

more dlc confirmed?
Casual shmup player
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

That mission with Gigantic Bite at the end with the Origin ship is crazy indeed. :lol:
I was lucky to have "practiced" that boss thanks to the mission where it is the only fight, but even with that, I nearly died.

You should play the arcade mode ASAP, Steelix100! While I do have a bunch of hours in the CS mode, I think AC mode is more enjoyable overall due to its shorter runs and more balanced difficulty. For the most part, CS mode's missions seemingly fall into one of three categories : boring and easy, boring and easy until the last boss which is a surprise GTV/Gigantic Bite/Savage Ruler that wrecks your run, or crazy hard.
I like AC mode so much that I bought a second monitor to play it in super widescreen :
Spoiler
It's not as awesome as the arcade cabinet because of the bezels and the lack of rumbling, but I wouldn't go back to playing it on a tiny laptop screen as I used to. :lol:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

M.Knight wrote:CS mode's missions seemingly fall into one of three categories : boring and easy, boring and easy until the last boss which is a surprise GTV/Gigantic Bite/Savage Ruler that wrecks your run, or crazy hard.
Yeah, there's a lot of that. Kinda killed my buzz or the mode as a whole.

I like a lengthy gauntlet with some nice tension at the end, but not when everything leading up to the crucial moment feels boring.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I can accept this sudden difficulty spike but only if the mission is relatively short (~8 hexagons) so you know in advance who that tough end boss is and every shield unit you drop in the previous stages due to boredom or negligence comes back to bite you against the last boss so you still have to be careful beforehand.

Obviously, that kind of set-up is uncommon. That mission with Origin that pits you against Gigantic Bite is an example of this I think, but they still aren't the most enjoyable missions. Lengthy play sessions can be enjoyable if done right (e.g. Zanac Neo) but CS mode fails at this IMO. AC/ACEX mode is where the game is at.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Still sliiiiightly better than the joke that is Chronicle Mode, which only reveals the first two scenes in a mission select consisting of rings -> galaxies / star systems / whatever they're supposed to be -> missions.
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

Yeah the schizophrenic difficulty of CS Mode was a bit annoying.
I haven't played too much AC mode, BUT I did a LOT of Zones QUZ for the no-damage achievement.
After all the practice I've spent on the QUZ run, I can clear those Zones with relative ease, but the other Zones, even the likes of Zone E, are too hard for me lol
It's kind of funny
Casual shmup player
Domino

Post by Domino »

CS Mode is just a Grindfest for me. Due to my crazy private life I need a quick pick up and play deal. AC mode works wonders for me.
boagman

Post by boagman »

New 1.05 update patch available for the physical Vita release. Just so you know.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Just a bit of an update on my experience with this gem.

I've got to say that this game pretty much reaches my threshold of "things to do/think about while playing" in terms of controlling the ship. I tend to do better with simpler setups than this, such as "joystick and two buttons"-type shmups. With this game, there's actually a goodly bit more to think about in terms of ship control: in addition to the joystick, fire button, and the Burst button, there's reverse, *and* there's Fixed Burst. It's that last one that can really get pushed to the back of my brain quite a bit.

Fixed Burst is really kind of interesting in that I didn't come to know about it until I was well into playing the game, so it's certainly not at the forefront of thought when I'm in the zone. However, I'm finding out just how valuable that little bad boy can be. I'd been struggling (though only playing on and off) with getting through Keru on CS mode, and last night after downloading the 1.05 patch, I decided to re-evaluate my strategy and try using Fixed Burst more on the path through the bosses.

Holy stinking cow. Not only did I get through the entire multi-area stage without stinking even *dying* (thus giving me my X2 bonus at the end), but Fixed Burst allowed me the chance to enjoy the presence of Violent Ruler for the first time I'd ever seen him, and beat him, first try. That's...that's pretty stinking impressive. Never before in the game had I first encountered a boss and not died at least once (on Preset ships), I think. I was really, really happy with the result.

Also, I used the Restart function finally. Worked like a charm...a nice addition to an already great game. Just wish they patch in English, though.
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

Where are the patches for the PS4 version? Seems like we're getting pretty far behind.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

The JPN PS4 version was patched today with 1.05.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Made this for my Vewlix cab
Marc

Post by Marc »

Picked it up in the recent PSN sale, and as someone that isn't a fan of thecseries, I'm really quite impressed. Feels more 'punchy' than previous entries. Amount of modes and ships is quite daunting, I'm still not certain which mode I'm really supposed to be playing. That music though... AC mode I can just about cope with, but the Chronicles mode.... painful.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Just sticking to AC Original is a fine place to start. You can move onto AC EX if you want an extra challenge later on. Chronicle Mode can be a fun distraction as it has some boss variations that you won't find in the standard game but is generally skippable. CS mode is fun too but I sometimes find some of the lengthier stages a little tiresome.
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

Man...I'm just struggling with AC mode. I'm making progress but it's rough. Any advice? I mainly use Gaiden and Genesis because I'm a beam scrub.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Fixed Burst (only on Legend, Next, and Formula) can be helpful because you can use it as a barrier to block enemy bullets. In some places, you can keep it going almost indefinitely because it recharges a bit when it blocks something. Second is also pretty powerful if you want a straightforward ship with no burst at all to worry about. Assault and Gaiden are pretty nice too, and are very simple if you aren't trying to maximize your score.

Any particular stages/bosses giving you trouble? Looking for replays can also help if you're totally stumped on how to handle a specific part, of course.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

ZaKa-tokyobassist wrote:Man...I'm just struggling with AC mode. I'm making progress but it's rough. Any advice? I mainly use Gaiden and Genesis because I'm a beam scrub.
Those ships are handicapped defensively due to the lack of positionable beam, so that's probably your problem. I personally recommend NEXT because its very easy to position the beam and wipe out tons of bullets defensively or offensively.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

I have bought a cheap i3 3240 to play steam shmups.. I want to buy a passive and low demanding wattage graphic card.. Would you think this card will allow to play Darius Burst dual monitor without problems? also Crimzon Clover, XiiZeal and all the other top games in 1 monitor

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... rce-gt-720

Any other cheap recommendation are welcome.
Working in the japanese language achievement
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
VicViperGradius

Post by VicViperGradius »

jandrogo wrote:I have bought a cheap i3 3240 to play steam shmups.. I want to buy a passive and low demanding wattage graphic card.. Would you think this card will allow to play Darius Burst dual monitor without problems? also Crimzon Clover, XiiZeal and all the other top games in 1 monitor

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... rce-gt-720

Any other cheap recommendation are welcome.
Geforce GTX750TI is a good card i use one as passive on my HTPC computer
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Thanks for your advice VicViperGradius!
My desktop have a power supply that delivers 260W, maybe not enough juice for that card?
Have you tried it with 2-3 monitors in Darius?
Working in the japanese language achievement