DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CloudyMusic

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by CloudyMusic »

Special World wrote:Amazing, thank you. So when i take out a formation, say, i get the x24 multiplier at the end. So does that mean it is most important to get the "last kill" for the formation with the bomb?
No, just try to kill as many enemies as you can. Your multiplier is applied to every enemy, it just shows the little bonus popup if you get the whole wave.
Also, call me a Darius noob, but does that mean i only want to pick up green and white powerups? I dont exactly get the powerup level system in this.
Pick up as many green (missiles) and blue (shield!!!) powerups as you can, but also pick up some red powerups (main shot). You just need to be a little thoughtful about when and where you pick up the red powerups. You can see in this replay that I try to get the small green wave ASAP, and then after that, try to go directly up to the large green wave (which is 3 red power-ups from that point). Then stay there for the rest of the run. Different ships have their own different power-up strategies as well.

White powerups give a minor amount of points. There's no reason not to get them, but don't ruin your route just to chase one down, either.
Special World wrote:Noob thoughts: I feel like i'm super meh on the burst ships, but the Gaiden one is quite fun. Not sure if there are any other really fun ones. Major increase in difficulty between the easy tier and normal tier. I got pwned by Violent's lasers, so i'm gonna have to look that up. Couldn't see an escape; i assume i have to bomb to block them.
The burst ships can use their fixed burst as a shield, obviously, but yeah, for other types you have to get a little creative. Using Gaiden's bomb to negate bullets is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, especially on Violent Ruler because you're going to be using a lot of them just for the raw damage. The only trick is keeping track of how much damage you're doing while doing so, because ideally you want to finish it off with a bomb as well. But that's really more the icing on the cake, and not required for a decent score, though it definitely helps.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Route ADI no miss, 102,000,000 with Gaiden. Could've been so much more. Successfully bombed Iron Fossil to death, but just missed the other two bosses. They died while I had bomb in stock. Sickener, but still happy with the no miss and score. No.24 on PSN for the route.
Spoiler
The Ancient Barrage (Zone E turtle) fight is much better now. I have no missed a couple of times, but I'll still lose a life to him more often than not. Great game. Really having a blast with it. Feels like a prefect game for a non-experienced player to get into scoring.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Great job with all these clears, BurlyHeart. I agree on scoring: there's lots of different strategies to learn, playstyles for every skill level, and since the runs only last 15 minutes a piece you can easily try multiple times, and try different things.
heli

Post by heli »

What does it mean : 35% ?
https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/ ... 4-preorder

Is there 35% sold or left ?
Not very popular game.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

heli wrote:What does it mean : 35% ?
https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/ ... 4-preorder

Is there 35% sold or left ?
Not very popular game.
Seeing as the physical has been out in Japan forever now, it’s safe to assume most fans of the games/genre have already purchased the original release. As a result, the scalpers and mass resellers who usually swoop in don’t see a viable market for it so the percentage sits. It’s a great collection. And yes it means so far 35% sold.
heli

Post by heli »

So these games arent all that limited, these are only a limited english version then.
I cant wait for the shipment, multi-display is special i like to see.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

heli wrote:So these games arent all that limited, these are only a limited english version then.
Correct. Limited only to people who waited for an English release even though there is no language barrier or region locking on the originals. They also chose to break these up more into console/arcade variations so that adds a little extra uniqueness. Some of their releases ARE limited to their prints but this game collection has been around for a bit.
Arthandas

Post by Arthandas »

I managed to 1cc the ADH route, where do I get my hardcore shmup player badge?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

ATTRACTS wrote:
heli wrote:So these games arent all that limited, these are only a limited english version then.
Correct. Limited only to people who waited for an English release even though there is no language barrier or region locking on the originals. They also chose to break these up more into console/arcade variations so that adds a little extra uniqueness. Some of their releases ARE limited to their prints but this game collection has been around for a bit.
Also, a recent update added full English to the JP version, so those who imported the game now have full English text.
boagman

Post by boagman »

BrianC wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:
Also, a recent update added full English to the JP version, so those who imported the game now have full English text.
Interesting!!!! I bought the LRG version for just this reason, and was playing that exclusively. I'll have to fire up the Japanese version I have and see if it'll update. Thanks for sharing that.
boagman

Post by boagman »

BrianC wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:
Hey, um...I just checked my Japanese Vita version, and the current version is 1.10, which is where it's been forever. No changes.

By chance, are you referring to the PS4 version? That's all I can think of. Or do you know something I don't? I'm genuinely asking...not trying to be a dick, here.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I was referring to the Darius Cozmic collection, which was linked to in the strictly limited games post, not Darius Burst CS. I know this is the Darius Burst CS thread, but the last few posts were talking about the Cozmic Collection on switch/ps4. I'm not aware of any strictly limited games version of Darius Burst CS.

Edited: I was confused by the mention of LRG, but Strictly Limited was mentioned and handled the physical release of Darius Cozmic Collection. A few sites claimed that Darius Cozmic Collection would hit the US eshop a few days ago, but it's not here yet. The JP version now plays in full English after an update, including the JP standard edition I have on cart.
boagman

Post by boagman »

BrianC wrote:I was referring to the Darius Cozmic collection, which was linked to in the strictly limited games post, not Darius Burst CS. I know this is the Darius Burst CS thread, but the last few posts were talking about the Cozmic Collection on switch/ps4. I'm not aware of any strictly limited games version of Darius Burst CS.

Edited: I was confused by the mention of LRG, but Strictly Limited was mentioned and handled the physical release of Darius Cozmic Collection. A few sites claimed that Darius Cozmic Collection would hit the US eshop a few days ago, but it's not here yet. The JP version now plays in full English after an update, including the JP standard edition I have on cart.
Thank you for clarifying. That is an important distinction, as I thought it odd that, after all this time, DBCS would get a software version update. It's too bad that it didn't happen, actually.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Beat PSX route tonight. Made a bunch of dumb mistakes and lost a life at Dreadful Whip. He died the second I came back on screen, does anyone know if theres a big downrank when you die like in Gaiden?
EmperorIng wrote:I credit fed through QTX tonight and fed through Blazing Whip (I think that's its name). What a damn hard boss. Easily more difficult than the 'harder' Slash Shell in Zone Y. I credit fed to learn his patterns but I never even saw the boss fire a burst laser! I was waiting the entire time, so I could learn how to pace the boss properly for the max bonus kill. So annoying.
It's an interesting fight that I'm still learning. He won't burst if you destroy his hands, which is quite easy to do. Instead he'll swing around these purple beams - which obviously you can't counterburst. On my playthrough I managed to kill him before he did this though.

Amazing that after 5 years and 400 hours there's still more work to be done. Never beat the last Side Arms course. Anyone play Assault? Looks fun to learn.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Just ordered Jap PS4
As can't see the revelation version besting this, loved the soundtrack on steam playthru. The cs mode appeals for chill out sessions...
Any tips appreciated
Will I have English menu options?
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Degica are having a wee competition on Steam:
To celebrate the (DARIUS series 35th Anniversary), we're holding two simultaneous DBCS score contests!

Start: 20:00 pm PT on October 18th (Mon)
Finish: 23:59 pm PT on October 25st (Mon)

How to entry
Take a screenshot of your score under the specified conditions with the hashtags "#Darius" and "#shumps" and send it to the Degica Games Twitter account (@degicagames) during the event, or upload a screenshot via Steam Community.

Advanced section
Rules: In AC Mode > Original Mode > Default Entry, submit a high score online (during the contest time frame) with a route of C, G, and L. You may choose any ship. The top three scores will be awarded the prizes below.

Beginners section
Rules: In AC Mode > Original Mode > Default Entry, submit a high score online (during the contest time frame) with a route of A, D, and H. You may choose any ship. The top three scores will be awarded the prizes below.

Prizes:
(Note!: DLC requires the original game to function! Prizes will be provided as Steam keys.)

Advanced section
First Place: Steam point card $100
Second Place: Steam point card $50
Third Place: Steam point card $25

Beginners section
First Place: All current ship DLC bundles!
Second Place: The Darius Odyssey Digital Guidebook and your choice of two current ship DLC bundles!
Third Place: Your choice of one current ship DLC bundle!

Furthermore, 5 winners will be drawn from the Beginners section, and you can choose 1 ship DLC bundle as your prize!

Good luck!

* excluding The Darius Odyssey Digital Guidebook
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

That's wholesome. I like seeing a nice simple contest for these games and it's good to see a publisher try to drum up a little competitive excitement. c:
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It's as good an excuse as any to do some scoring in Dariusburst. I wish it allowed for ACEX routes. I could get 150m easily on my PTY route in ACEX, my previous clears were 100m+ from stupid hits and losing the x16 multipliers.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

For anyone wanting to tackle the challenge, RS lists some good reference videos for ADH and CGL for all most shot types (and less good reference videos for others).
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

ACSeraph wrote:Man I fuckin' hate the missions that force you to use Genesis as a preset. Really seems like the worst ship in the game. Boginzu was a total bitch, took tons of plays to clear before I figured out you can just point blank Stare right in the eyeballs.
I just can't beat this fucking level no mtter what

Edit: Damn I got it finally.