DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
boagman

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by boagman »

Dinjoralo wrote:There be some footage of Windia! Makes me wonder which version of Deathsmiles they're basing her on... and how close the scoring system and all that would be to DeathSmiles', since it seems like it'd need far less "adapting" than Intergray or Harrier, for example.
Ugh. Glad I don't have to pay for that.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Dinjoralo wrote:There be some footage of Windia! Makes me wonder which version of Deathsmiles they're basing her on... and how close the scoring system and all that would be to DeathSmiles', since it seems like it'd need far less "adapting" than Intergray or Harrier, for example.
Those tokens could have been better showcased in a stage with actual terrain
and casper
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

I can't help imagining a Berabow Man/Bravoman DLC for DB someday. Though this one is mostly a platformer, it does have some shmup levels where Bravoman turns into a fish-like form, then goes underwater and shoots at marine creatures.

If that came to be, I'd buy it also.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

I hope they remember Taito put out quite a few other shooters, like Gun Frontier, Gekirindan and Grid Seeker.
Image Image Image Image
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

There's new DBCS DLC coming. It's probably a release date.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

gameoverDude wrote:I can't help imagining a Berabow Man/Bravoman DLC for DB someday. Though this one is mostly a platformer, it does have some shmup levels where Bravoman turns into a fish-like form, then goes underwater and shoots at marine creatures.

If that came to be, I'd buy it also.
How about we get Kogoro, Mii, Reiji, and Xiaomu for DB?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

http://jackbauersvcr.ytmnd.com/

Play this while watching the countdown on the Darius site.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

I think there might be something else announced alongside the obvious DLC, considering the previous batches of DLC didn't have a countdown involved.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Durandal wrote:I think there might be something else announced alongside the obvious DLC, considering the previous batches of DLC didn't have a countdown involved.
I'll re-post something I wrote on the Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours Steam forums:
---
I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm a bit "excited" about the upcoming announcement.
And I rarely get excited about anything related to video games any more. :)

At first, I didn't think much about it , and just thought the countdown was for a release date for the upcoming Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours DLCs.
But then, something occurred to me: the countdown was posted on the main section of the website, not on the Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours section (http://darius.jp/dbcs/). And I don't recall a countdown for release date announcements for the previous DLCs. In fact, I was just checking cached versions of the website, and they rarely post anything on that main page (they posted about the release of DB:CS, the release of some merchandise, and an event related to the 30th anniversary of the series, and that was about it this year).

Considering the main page has been touting the 30th anniversary of the series for the past 2 months, I started to think this announcement may be something cool, to commemorate what is surely a significant date.

My guesses:

1) new merchandise to commemorate the 30th anniversary;

2) release date for the already announced new Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours DLCs;

3) release date for the already announced physical edition of Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours for the PS4;

4) a remake or enhanced re-release of the original Darius;

5) a new Darius game;

6) a 30th anniversary compilation of older Darius titles.

My pessimist side will still say it's an announcement for both 2) and 3), since Degica has been hinting on social media that they are about to announce the release date of the DLCs, and I've seen a few recent comments on Japanese websites/media regarding a release date announcement for the physical PS4 edition of the game coming up soon. If not that, I expect it's for new merchandise, especially since at a recent event in Japan they were selling an awesome looking t-shirt that commemorated the 30th anniversary of the series.

But I'm still hoping for the best, and while I don't expect a new Darius game (a few years ago, a series reaching its 30th anniversary would surely warrant a new entry, but with the decline of the Arcades, even in Japan, and the market for new shmups decreasing during the last 2 generations of consoles, I don't think that's likely), I'm still hoping for a commemorative release. I would love it if it was an announcement for either a remake/enhanced re-release of the original Darius (I would say a simple re-release, but considering the game has been re-released on the PS4 recently, I doubt they would make a big deal out of that), or even better, a compilation of older Darius titles, to commemorate the 30th anniversary.

Feel free to mock my optimism when my pessimist guess turns out to be true next Friday... :mrgreen:
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

FunktionJCB wrote:4) a remake or enhanced re-release of the original Darius
already done
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Keres wrote:
FunktionJCB wrote:4) a remake or enhanced re-release of the original Darius
already done
A new one! :mrgreen:

I know there's been more than one enhanced port in the past, but I was thinking how a newly enhanced remake/port would probably be the cheapest release they could come up with, to have something "new" done for the 30th anniversary.
I don't think a new game is likely, unfortunately.

An extensive compilation of the series would be awesome.

Honestly, I would be happy if this announcement is related to anything playable (outside of more mobile gaming), that wasn't previously announced.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

A full collection of every (arcade, at least) Darius game for PS4, Vita, PC and whatever would be the shit.
But Arcade Archives exists so... :(
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/news/2367
Could anyone translate?

Google tells me it's a limited physical PS4 release of the first Darius including discs for soundtracks of each Darius game, and interviews of the guys who made the Darius games.
Though Google Translate is unclear on some parts, especially whether Darius Gaiden and G-Darius will be getting re-released.

EDIT: On top of more new Darius merch like parkas and caps. WANT!!!
Xyga wrote:
GSK

Post by GSK »

It's the Hamster Arcade Archives version of Darius on a disc plus a series superplay bluray, a 7-disc sries OST and a 32-page developer interview booklet.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

GSK wrote:It's the Hamster Arcade Archives version of Darius on a disc plus a series superplay bluray, a 7-disc sries OST and a 32-page developer interview booklet.
Sounds good if you're a die-hard Darius fan, I guess.

Also the countdown on the site is still ticking down. Even more large information approaching fast?
Xyga wrote:
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

130 euros for a fancy edition of the first Darius game? No thanks. To add insult to the injury, apparently there are superplay videos of Gaiden and G. Gee, I'd sure be happy to watch those on my PS4 while playing them on PS2.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

GSK wrote:It's the Hamster Arcade Archives version of Darius on a disc plus a series superplay bluray, a 7-disc sries OST and a 32-page developer interview booklet.
I want one, even though I don't have a PS4... :(
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Durandal wrote:Also the countdown on the site is still ticking down. Even more large information approaching fast?
You are right!
When I woke up, and saw people on twitter talking about the 30th Anniversary Edition of the original game, I thought that was it.

But the official website posted about this new re-release, and about a sale for official merchandise starting tomorrow, but they still have the countdown.
Could we be getting something big? :shock:
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Saw the picture first and thought it was a collection of all Darius games being ported to PS4. :(
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Oniros wrote:Saw the picture first and thought it was a collection of all Darius games being ported to PS4. :(
Maybe that will be the big surprise.
Considering they are working with Hamster to release an adapted retail version of their Arcade Archives release of Darius, maybe Hamster is working on a big collection?

If this is PS4 only, I would have to buy a console, after promising myself I would buy no more consoles in the short future... :lol:
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

FunktionJCB wrote:
Oniros wrote:Saw the picture first and thought it was a collection of all Darius games being ported to PS4. :(
Maybe that will be the big surprise.
Considering they are working with Hamster to release an adapted retail version of their Arcade Archives release of Darius, maybe Hamster is working on a big collection?
You mean AFTER they announced that thing they'll say in a few hours/days "oh, btw, there's more games in that disc"? No. "Oh, you can buy that, but we're also gonna make a separate collection for people that want to play games rather than watch them"? No.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

AxelMill wrote:You mean AFTER they announced that thing they'll say in a few hours/days "oh, btw, there's more games in that disc"? No. "Oh, you can buy that, but we're also gonna make a separate collection for people that want to play games rather than watch them"? No.
If that's not it, it seems pretty obvious what will be: a huge compilation of games for PC only. :lol:

"Yeah, you can buy that big edition of the first game for the PS4... OR you can buy the whole package on the PC, you know, the gaming platform most people in Japan forget it exists.". :wink:

I'm curious of what will come of this announcement.
qmish

Post by qmish »

AxelMill wrote:130 euros for a fancy edition of the first Darius game? No thanks. To add insult to the injury, apparently there are superplay videos of Gaiden and G. Gee, I'd sure be happy to watch those on my PS4 while playing them on PS2.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/04/da ... scs-games/

Disc 1: Darius (Arcade version, Game Boy version)
Disc 2: Darius II (Arcade version)
Disc 3: Darius Gaiden (Arcade version)
Disc 4: G Darius (Arcade version)
Disc 5: Darius Twin (Japan version, International version)
Disc 6: Darius Force, Sagaia (Console version, International version Darius II)
Disc 7: Mobile version Darius, newly arranged music, and more

So does siliconera got it wrong and it's not list of games?
ProcoTaito

Post by ProcoTaito »

Hey guys! It's been forever since I've posted here. (Always come here and read up though)
Just wanted to pop in and say that this WAS the big surprise.

I have been paying close attention to the Japanese twitter feed embedded in the darius.jp site. There were screenshots of the timer having already ended in Japan. The first shot was of the timer at about 45 mins remaining and the last shot was of the timer ended and the link for the Taito site revealed. What you guys are seeing is some sort of time dilation from not being on an IP in Japan I imagine.

So, when the timer expires what you will see is the link exposed and when you click on it, you will see the exact same information all over again. I'm sorry friends, this really WAS it.
A Silverhawk pilot says....
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi!!
ProcoTaito

Post by ProcoTaito »

Here is the big surprise!
The Darius 30th Anniversary edition box set.

This includes a PS4 disc copy of the original 1986 Darius 3-screen arcade game, a 7 disc set of the Darius series soundtracks (excluding the Burst series), a 32 page booklet with game designer interviews and a single disc Blu-Ray of superplays featuring Darius / Darius Gaiden / G-Darius.

Apparently there are also versions of this box set that will be more expensive that also include a tea cup with Darius related images, a bath towel featuring many bosses from the series (second tier package / Famitsu DX) , and finally a 3D laser engraved crystal with light up LED stand. (Third tier package / Famitsu DX 3D Crystal)

Very cool stuff! I'll be honest when I say I was hoping for a new game or a remake of a previous entry, but I also have to take into account that Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours was only released just at the tail end of last year, and expecting a whole new game already... it was kind of a stretch I'll admit.

Awesome anyway though, and still quite happy with all the Darius love I've seen lately for sure! Yay for Darius!! ^.=.^
A Silverhawk pilot says....
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi!!
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

qmish wrote:
AxelMill wrote:130 euros for a fancy edition of the first Darius game? No thanks. To add insult to the injury, apparently there are superplay videos of Gaiden and G. Gee, I'd sure be happy to watch those on my PS4 while playing them on PS2.

Yes.
The Taito page liked above (and in the Siliconera article) clearly calls them CDs. Easy to distinguish those letters in a Japanese website. The paragraph also mentions Zuntata, only the Darius 1 disc has the PS4 label, and why would there be 7 discs for ROMs that small?
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

AxelMill wrote:
qmish wrote:

Yes.
The Taito page liked above (and in the Siliconera article) clearly calls them CDs. Easy to distinguish those letters in a Japanese website. The paragraph also mentions Zuntata, only the Darius 1 disc has the PS4 label, and why would there be 7 discs for ROMs that small?
It's clear it's 7 CDs, with soundtracks, not the games.

It's pretty poor form from Siliconera to post the article without even looking at the text.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

ProcoTaito wrote:Hey guys! It's been forever since I've posted here. (Always come here and read up though)
Just wanted to pop in and say that this WAS the big surprise.

I have been paying close attention to the Japanese twitter feed embedded in the darius.jp site. There were screenshots of the timer having already ended in Japan. The first shot was of the timer at about 45 mins remaining and the last shot was of the timer ended and the link for the Taito site revealed. What you guys are seeing is some sort of time dilation from not being on an IP in Japan I imagine.

So, when the timer expires what you will see is the link exposed and when you click on it, you will see the exact same information all over again. I'm sorry friends, this really WAS it.
Thanks for the info.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

I was playing the CS Mode (PC version), and the 9th level (of 10) of the area "Sadomen" plays mostly silent, something I didn't notice before. There's no music at all until very near the end of the stage. You get sounds effects, but no soundtrack.

Is it the same for everybody (PS4, Vita, ...), or is this some kind of bug with the PC version?

It's no big deal, but I just found the lack of soundtrack odd, especially since I was previously playing an area full of great tracks from previous Darius titles.