DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Durandal

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Durandal »

gs68 wrote:New update patch as of <30 minutes ago.
DBCS r5729 Patch details:
Addition of a "Restart" and "Return to Main Menu" button to the pause menu ingame
Addition of a Zoom function to Darius Odyssey
Fix to GALAXY FORCE II bug that would happen when picking up items while rolling
And yes, this applies to all modes, including AC mode. So if you've been putting off Chronicle Mode because of having to go through a lot of shit just to restart a mission, there you go.
THANK YOU STGESUS
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
boagman

Post by boagman »

gs68 wrote:New update patch as of <30 minutes ago.
DBCS r5729 Patch details:
Addition of a "Restart" and "Return to Main Menu" button to the pause menu ingame
Addition of a Zoom function to Darius Odyssey
Fix to GALAXY FORCE II bug that would happen when picking up items while rolling
And yes, this applies to all modes, including AC mode. So if you've been putting off Chronicle Mode because of having to go through a lot of shit just to restart a mission, there you go.
It should be noted that this is only for Steam versions thus far. My Vita's physical copy has no such patch available yet. Just checked.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Also has trading cards now. Anyone willing to give me theirs? :P
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Well, uh.

I just learned that if you're in DLC mode and you take an alt path (such as the one in Uinda), your score is not counted. There's no warning about this.

EDIT: Scores do not save under any circumstances. Also, after completing mission, booted back to ship select instead of mission select with the mission I just exited highlighted like intended.
DenT4F

Post by DenT4F »

Quick Restart! Yes!!!
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying the ost, but I'm wondering what my options are.

I can't find any digital version except on iTunes. I don't have an iPod, but I suppose I could buy it there just to get the mp4 files (iTunes lets you download em onto your computer, don't they?)?

Not sure what the best bet is for a physical version. Seems expensive and I'm not feeling I want to throw money around atm.

Still, I really wanna hear Cantabolism without sfx everywhere lol.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

Yes, you download music from iTunes as M4A files. You can also get it from Amazon as MP3s if you are in a country where that is available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FNBX8K

If you want the CD... I would also import from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0176TC31Q/ Not cheap, and international shipping costs almost as much as half the price.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Oh thanks, I missed that amazon link when googling. I'll probably go for that.

I might treat myself to a disc sometime when I have too much money to spare ^_^
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

This upgrade has a lot of problem about restart function.
In AC mode, if you restart, when you enter the part of selection ZONE, the image of nexe two ZONE will be disappeared, and you finally score will probably have some problem. If you are trying to achieve the QUZ NO damage, it could result in the achievement cannot be unlocked.

So do not use restart function if you want to achieve something important.
qmish

Post by qmish »

gs68 wrote: Addition of a Zoom function to Darius Odyssey
Oh, finally!
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

DKA_Darius wrote:This upgrade has a lot of problem about restart function.
In AC mode, if you restart, when you enter the part of selection ZONE, the image of nexe two ZONE will be disappeared, and you finally score will probably have some problem. If you are trying to achieve the QUZ NO damage, it could result in the achievement cannot be unlocked.

That's too bad. Thanks for the warning.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

DKA_Darius wrote:This upgrade has a lot of problem about restart function.

I'll make sure the dev team knows about this.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Dariusburst CS sale at NA PSN this week:

PS4 - $41.99 / $35.99 with PS+
Vita - $27.99 / $23.99 with PS+
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I've been eyeing this since it came out and I'm thinking of jumping on the sale prices. I really want it on the PS4, so I can play it on the big screen. Do you guys think it's worth the extra $12, instead of getting the Vita version?
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

Absolutely worth the price.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I ended up picking up the PS4 version and I like what I've played so far. The Arcade mode is really hard to see but not too hard, I guess. I think I'll just pull my chair up closer to the TV and it'll help. I'm very glad I didn't get the Vita version since I can't imagine playing Arcade Mode on that tiny screen.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

I find AC mode to be hard as balls, CS is good to kick back and relax. BBCS is a top tier shmup, you'll get your money's worth.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Oniros wrote:I find AC mode to be hard as balls, CS is good to kick back and relax. BBCS is a top tier shmup, you'll get your money's worth.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift is definitely a very good game.
lol
gs68

Post by gs68 »

AC mode is decent, CS mode is great. Chronicle Mode...let's just say that's something that's best left in the arcade version.
G3n3raL86

Post by G3n3raL86 »

OK, thinking on getting Dariusburst on PSVita. Is it playable there or i should go with the PS4 version?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I've only played it on Steam but others in this thread have said that the Vita screen can be tricky to keep track of everything on, especially in AC mode, and tend to recommend one of the bigger-screen editions if portability isn't a big factor.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

G3n3raL86 wrote:OK, thinking on getting Dariusburst on PSVita. Is it playable there or i should go with the PS4 version?
Here's a random DBCS Vita gameplay, play this video on a Vita and decide for yourself whether AC Mode is playable on a small screen or not.
Also, a PS TV is incredibly cheap nowadays (until it gets really rare), so it's another option.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

For PC version:
DBCS r5736 Patch note

Fixed zone display becoming incorrect on leaderboard when restart was used.
Fixed bug in QUZ which would stop displaying graphics when restart was used in Z zone
Fixed the confirmation dialog that could not be controlled by anyone but P1
DLC Mode: Fixed the problem which would not mark stage clear nor record score.
DLC Mode: Fixed the problem which would send the user back to menu after clearing a stage.
Fixed Opa Opa's laser so it now deals damage Phantom Castle's outer armour
boagman

Post by boagman »

G3n3raL86 wrote:OK, thinking on getting Dariusburst on PSVita. Is it playable there or i should go with the PS4 version?
I'm enjoying the ever-loving crap out of the game on Vita, though to be fair, I've been on CS mode *only*. Haven't even tried the other modes yet...not even once.

Having said that, I'm enjoying it as much as I am with this in mind: it's in a completely different and foreign language than mine, leaving me basically helpless, and I'm *still* loving it on the Vita. That's a massive hurdle, and it clears it with ease.

Easily the best reason for me to own my Vita. And a half.
TotemSP

Post by TotemSP »

I've certainly found a lot to love about it, even playing on my odd sized 27" and 24" inch monitors.

Love the progressive way they took the music when playing the top route, which means I'm mostly playing on easy :|

I'd be interested in getting it for the Vita (and maybe i'd play my Vita more), but I find myself perfectly satisfied with the DB iOS version, even though it's certainly lesser.

For it, I just find the "pointer control" really natural, even if my finger starts getting too grippy (and you could say it obscures the screen, but that hasn't bothered me).

That's one reason I don't feel like shelling out for the Vita version.

The other reason is, the system requirements for the PC version are so low, it can run nicely on an old, or new but similar spec Laptop. I tested it on my Surface pro 1, and it ran perfectly.

Oh dear. Once again the Vita is caught in the middle and is suffering for it. And it's a shame, because the buttons are nice on the vita, but... again, I'm not shelling out for a version of a game that looks great on any computer I can find to play it on, that's also just fine on a mobile.

IMO.
https://totemsp.itch.io/ I am learning how to make games. I hope I can show you someday.
boagman

Post by boagman »

TotemSP wrote:Oh dear. Once again the Vita is caught in the middle and is suffering for it. And it's a shame, because the buttons are nice on the vita, but... again, I'm not shelling out for a version of a game that looks great on any computer I can find to play it on, that's also just fine on a mobile.
I'll fully spot that this game is making my Vita a reasonably good mobile gaming system, finally. Having it for the Vita is really the only way to truly "own" the game, as well.

I would much rather have the physical copy on a dedicated system than utilize a digital copy on a computer.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Enjoyed some dual screen, 4 player co-op today - thanks to Serraxor and the guys at Scramble 4! Couldn't really cope with Great Thing's higher HP.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Scores in CS mode seemed to be hacked, the number 1 spot has the same guy in it with impossibly high scores in the areas I'm in.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
gs68

Post by gs68 »

I thought that was only on Oruriba (in CS Mode)?
boagman

Post by boagman »

The 1.04 patch is now available for download for the physical copy of the game for PS Vita. Looks like Instant Restart will now be available, along with some other DLC stuff that I can't access as a US resident (which is no big deal, honestly). Still no language select (not a surprise), but the Instant Restart will be of interest to some, I'm sure.