DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Elixir

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by Elixir »

Here's a list of the six composers set to make arranges for the arrange album:

Michiru Yamane - Suikoden, Castlevania, etc
Nobuyoshi Sano - Tekken, Ridge Racer, etc
Shouhei Tsuchiya - Dariusburst, Groove Coaster, etc
Hiroshi Kawaguchi ("Hiro.") - Outrun, Fantasy Zone, etc
Yasuhisa Watanabe ("Yack") - Metal Black, Border Down, etc
Hirokazu Koshio (COSIO) - Space Invaders Infinity Gene, etc

Seems pretty promising. The entire cast of AC returns including some well known composers in the industry.

I already preordered the LE from chara-ani... but I'll most likely buy the PS4 version digitally to play.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Tekken, Ridge Racer, Drakengard 1, etc.

fixed
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

I didn't make the list :( :? :cry: :shock:
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I'm disappointed that the book is obviously the same as already included with the PSP LE bundle of DB and later only available seperately. Anybody know if the arrange OST will be exclusive to the LE bundle ?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The book adds new pages and changes some of the old ones.

This IS slated to have a world release, for what it's worth.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Does it have hand drawn sketches? Were there any Darius (or other Taito shmups) artbooks before?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

No physical PS4 release.... yuck.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Strider77 wrote:No physical PS4 release.... yuck.
If it gets retail in the west (which I doubt), PS4 will probably be the only version that gets it. But again, indies like Shovel Knight are getting retail releases after being available digital originally. Don't lose hope just yet.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

IMO physical releases for shmups are dead or on the verge of dead. There's just barely enough interest to keep the genre itself alive, but not physical releases. This isn't the Super Nes days. Just let the box love go and enjoy the games IMO.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
1up

Post by 1up »

Any information on what the price will be for digital download? Will the PC version be available on Steam?
Batchee

Post by Batchee »

New Images!
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

Sex
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

My frothing demand for this game increases.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

dumb question: how is this game compared to the arcade version? (Is it the arcade version? All of them? How does the screen format fit into play?)

Excited either way!
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The screenshots above seem to only be one screen wide. We'll have to hope those are the Vita version and/or that there will be a full size display option.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Their trailers so far have shown two screens, so it's reasonable to assume that it'll make it in at least one of the versions in some form or another.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Battlesmurf wrote:dumb question: how is this game compared to the arcade version? (Is it the arcade version? All of them? How does the screen format fit into play?)
i'm thinking this is the "second prologue" version of ac. might not be a straight port, there could be little changes everywhere.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

If worse comes to worse, atleast on the PC version you could probably stretch the image across two screens with your graphics card's extra settings menu. Since the game seems to be letterboxing a single screen to maintain the aspect ratio then I assume this would work provided you have two 16:9 (or was it 16:10?) monitors.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Just found out about this today. Excited.

What I'm *not* excited about is the price of the LE. You have *got* to be kidding me. I can spot $50 for a physical release for the Vita, which I'm going for. But $140 STINKING DOLLARS for the LE? For the game, CD soundtrack (admittedly a draw for certain) and a *book*? I'd do, say, $70 for the game and soundtrack, but there's absolutely no stinking way I'm going to pony up $140 for that LE. I don't even *want* the book.

Guess it's time to preorder my Vita standard physical copy. It'll be the first Vita game I've bought in well over a year. $50, while not exactly cheap, isn't bad for an import. $140? Yeah...I'll pass.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Why are you getting so worked up? If you don't want it, don't buy it, it's fine. That's how things work.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Immryr wrote:Why are you getting so worked up? If you don't want it, don't buy it, it's fine. That's how things work.
Especially since many people (myself included) think it's very fair. Don't be so entitled.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
boagman

Post by boagman »

trap15 wrote:
Immryr wrote:Why are you getting so worked up? If you don't want it, don't buy it, it's fine. That's how things work.
Especially since many people (myself included) think it's very fair. Don't be so entitled.
If I can buy the soundtrack CD separately, great. No complaints. Often, though, they make it so that you can't get it separately.

Too, $70-80 for a book isn't exactly kosher to me. I mean, if you include something more robust like a make-it-yourself model or something, it'd be more understandable. Or additional content. You know...something functional and/or friendly.

Maybe I just have too high an expectation. I think the premium for the LE, in this particular case, is way too much.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

The LE is listed as roughly 10,500 yen, which is around $85. I don't know where your $140 figure comes from. If you want to vent that shipping and import taxes cost money, then you're clearly complaining to the wrong crowd. We take pride in paying through the nose for our games.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

The $140 figure comes from Play-Asia, I think. It's not just a soundtrack CD you get- there's the Darius Odyssey Official Art Book with it.
If the MSRP is 10500 JPY ($88.30 US) then look around. Amiami has had good prices, and I think they may be a bit less than that $140. Amiami doesn't list it yet but hopefully they will soon.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Then any outrage should be directed at Play Asia, who have a history of charging obscene markups. The roughly 10,500 yen figure was posted in this thread. I didn't make it up.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Bonus! wrote:Then any outrage should be directed at Play Asia, who have a history of charging obscene markups.
I seem to recall that they charged $135 for Shooting Love 10th Anniversary XIIZeal & DeltaZeal [Special Pack] in 2013 before it was released when the actual price via currency exchange was $85.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Amiami won't have it, or any other store for that matter because it's ebten, bookwalker and chara-ani exclusive.

Minus tax and the price of the Vita game itself, it's roughly 2000 yen for the arrange soundtrack and 2000 yen for the artbook, which is exactly what the artbook originally retailed for in 2013 minus tax. You get what you pay for, basically.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Bonus! wrote:Then any outrage should be directed at Play Asia, who have a history of charging obscene markups. The roughly 10,500 yen figure was posted in this thread. I didn't make it up.
This is true, and I guess it's my fault for not doing more research.
RealPlumpBox

Post by RealPlumpBox »

Just preordered at PA for $50.00
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Haven't purchased anything new in what seems to be years, (still looking for razion!!) so pulled the trigger on this!