DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sly Cherry Chunks

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (Windows/PS4/Vita)

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

That crab boss is brand new.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I hope this baby comes to the States.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Kind of off topic but is it as easy to buy out of region PSN games on PS4 as it is on PS3? On PS3 I just made a JAP account and bought credit. Hoping it's the same for PS4 because on Vita it's a pain in the ass.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Completely unexpected, exhilarating news. Chuffed!

(Hope the soundtrack goes easy on that caterwauling, though...)
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

amdiggywhut wrote:Just ordered a PS4, even though I'll inevitably play it more on Steam.
I'd rather have it on GOG. However I believe they'll do a retail release.
Image Image Image Image
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

Klatrymadon wrote:(Hope the soundtrack goes easy on that caterwauling, though...)
I had to look up this word to make sure, but holy shit, this comment is so spot on. The dying-cat-wailing need to not be a part of this soundtrack.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

DoomsDave wrote:Kind of off topic but is it as easy to buy out of region PSN games on PS4 as it is on PS3? On PS3 I just made a JAP account and bought credit. Hoping it's the same for PS4 because on Vita it's a pain in the ass.
I think it is. I've not actually bought any ps4 games from different regions yet, but i have downloaded demos.
Special World

Post by Special World »

I thought the vocals were terrible too but then I was like "this is all very Darius"

So I'm alright with it
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
Special World

Post by Special World »

For those who have played it: Do you think this game will lose a lot on Vita as opposed to PS4? The arcade game really seems focused around bringing four people together, but I don't know whether I'm realistically going to play it a lot in multiplayer a lot. I mean, I could get people over to play it, but I dunno that I'd play it that way more than a few times unless it was *really good* at being a multiplayer game. I'm also wondering whether the spectacle would be diminished any.

Best case scenario this would be cross-buy, and I could get the Vita version (I think?) with artbook and soundtrack or whatever, then just download the digital version. This game looks great, so I would really like to have a physical copy. But I'm not sure if I should just go for the PS4 version or Vita version in case (very likely) I don't wanna double dip.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Special World wrote:I thought the vocals were terrible too but then I was like "this is all very Darius"

So I'm alright with it
True, aye. I do like the vocal parts in the original Dariusburst and DBAC, and I'm sure this'll be full of great music for the most part! :)
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Immryr wrote:
DoomsDave wrote:Kind of off topic but is it as easy to buy out of region PSN games on PS4 as it is on PS3? On PS3 I just made a JAP account and bought credit. Hoping it's the same for PS4 because on Vita it's a pain in the ass.
I think it is. I've not actually bought any ps4 games from different regions yet, but i have downloaded demos.
Ahh nice, thank you.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Special World wrote:I thought the vocals were terrible too but then I was like "this is all very Darius"

So I'm alright with it
Exactly.

To a lesser extent, I feel similarly about parts of "vishionerz" in Gaiden.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Special World wrote:For those who have played it: Do you think this game will lose a lot on Vita as opposed to PS4? The arcade game really seems focused around bringing four people together, but I don't know whether I'm realistically going to play it a lot in multiplayer a lot. I mean, I could get people over to play it, but I dunno that I'd play it that way more than a few times unless it was *really good* at being a multiplayer game. I'm also wondering whether the spectacle would be diminished any.

Best case scenario this would be cross-buy, and I could get the Vita version (I think?) with artbook and soundtrack or whatever, then just download the digital version. This game looks great, so I would really like to have a physical copy. But I'm not sure if I should just go for the PS4 version or Vita version in case (very likely) I don't wanna double dip.
More concerning is how it's on the Vita at all - DBAC is in double-widescreen resolution, and I'd expect that format to be retained somehow for the home version. I'd be okay with letterboxing to retain the aspect ratio.
The Vita version, on the other hand, will probably play like an upgraded PSP version.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Was wondering that myself, yeah. Maybe they created a modified version for a single screen. Still doesn't seem ideal to have that be the only version Vita owners can play, though.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

Squire Grooktook wrote:

So I'm alright with it
Exactly.

To a lesser extent, I feel similarly about parts of "vishionerz" in Gaiden.
you kidding? that's the best bit!
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

It's mostly great, but some parts of it take some getting used to, at first.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

I won't lie, part of the reason I played darius gaiden again after the first time years ago was because of visionnerz. I'm not a fan of the song in the dbcs trailer though.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
qmish

Post by qmish »

" I'm not a fan of the song in the dbcs trailer though"

I'm fan of the song in dbsp trailer. Reminde me Squarepusher musician pretty much.
https://youtu.be/7H-CiZFJ2KE?t=17s

As for Visionnerz, i'm still amazed by those live concerts.
https://youtu.be/nKafzVxEQfg
Special World

Post by Special World »

qmish wrote:" I'm not a fan of the song in the dbcs trailer though"

I'm fan of the song in dbsp trailer. Reminde me Squarepusher musician pretty much.
https://youtu.be/7H-CiZFJ2KE?t=17s

As for Visionnerz, i'm still amazed by those live concerts.
https://youtu.be/nKafzVxEQfg
Oh man, this live concert vid is soooo good. Are there any great officially released CDs or OSTs like this?

ED: Looks like there's a ton up on the iTunes store, if anybody has suggestions I'd love to hear them
BIL

Post by BIL »

Special World wrote:ED: Looks like there's a ton up on the iTunes store, if anybody has suggestions I'd love to hear them
That performance is from 1997's Cineteque Rave, available in both video and album format (originally VHS/CD... not sure if it's been reissued on more modern stuff). There's a bunch of live ZTT albums/videos, see here for starters.

My favourite's probably Zuntata Live '90: GSM Taito. Lean, punchy, hard-rocking live set with a great crowd. Should be heard from start to finish, but for highlights Syvalion's "Ja Fraw" is heavenly and Darius II's "Say Papa" blazes.

Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

My wishes and predictions are finally manifesting in regards to this game, I can finally play the favorite shmups I've never played :!:

I'm definitely buying two hard copies.

Some one should translate that chronology chart on the site.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

mehguy wrote:Huh it isnt developed by Taito? well thats it taito is dead its all mobile and arcade parlors from here.

still great to see a new darius game tho.
none of the dariusburst games have been developed by taito, they're all developed by pyramid.

...chara-ani? lol.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
qmish

Post by qmish »

Pyramid also made Patapon.

Pon Pon Patapon. Pata Pata Pata Pon!

:D
Tregard

Post by Tregard »

So glad to hear this news. Think this might be the game I upgrade my pc for (my current laptop can't even handle Fez). I own a Vita but surely the tiny screen won't work for such an epic experience. It's got to be BIG and LOUD.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

So, what is this exactly? A sequel to Burst? I didn't really like Burst. The variety in locales was very poor.

But it had potential.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

evil_ash_xero wrote:So, what is this exactly? A sequel to Burst? I didn't really like Burst. The variety in locales was very poor.

But it had potential.
Burst had a sequel, AC, in which said potential was fully realized. This appears to be an update of the update of AC.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Dariusburst had a sequel of sorts for the arcades, called Dariusburst Another Chronicle. People had hoped Taito would put this on some platform for ages, and only now have they dared. Apparently it will also be a content update for AC, which has already received one called Another Chronicle EX.

(Dariusburst Second Prologue is an iOS port of the original PSP game, with new modes and things.)
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Loris Biaggi

Post by Loris Biaggi »

I've bought a PSVita few days ago only for this game... so... i can't wait :mrgreen:
----------- Neo Mini Box -----------
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Tokyo Game Show (TGS), will be live streaming this weekend and it will apparently include Ikeda at some point.
More importantly, Darius Burst talk.

-13:30~
Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours
James Lag

Check it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAX0y5Q7-uo
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
GSK

Post by GSK »

Here's a new trailer from TGS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOTKG45MiE