Diadra Empty released on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
awry

Diadra Empty released on Steam

Post by awry »

This is too cheap to ignore, only 3 burger-bucks! Apparently this has been available in English from other sellers since 2013, but it's now on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/284220/
Diadra Empty is a free-roaming shoot-'em-up on a grand scale. Take the role of Nyalra and her faithful dragon Minimi in a fantastical quest to save her missing sister, and battle legions of monsters and menacing bosses. The touching storyline is complemented by the game's beautiful 2D visuals, particle effects and environments rife with enemies, and glowing projectiles. Diadra Empty gives you extreme speed and maneuverability, huge environments in which to seize the upper hand, and plenty of firepower and upgrades. You always have options, and the immensely detailed on-screen radar will help you keep track of even the off-screen chaos.

Ride on top of a dragon and destroy creatures in a fantasy setting
Gorgeous 2D visuals, supports "full-screen" and 1024x768 window modes
Six open-arena free-roaming stages, plus unlockable stages
Shoot-'em-up with a unique RPG upgrade system
Highly customizable weapon system, over 72 combinations available
Here's some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtT51VyFyx8
Last edited by awry on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MathU

Re: Diadra Empty released on Steam

Post by MathU »

Huh, is there DRM on this version?

I remember when I tried this game out a while back and literally every single version of the game that I tried had some sort of crashing problem when going into the shop menu. Wonder if they finally fixed the issue.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Worth mentioning that you are better off getting this than hunting the game physically because the patching process is just a painful thing for the physical ver. here, you get the latest patched version off the bat (and the patches ADDED a lot of things including extra stages)
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

FYI this on ps4 jp psn..