Flash Xevious

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
landshark

Flash Xevious

Post by landshark »

http://cat.s48.xrea.com/shoot/shoot.html

(use the mouse, not the keyboard)
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Scored 160,180 on my first try. It was a nice distraction, especially since it does away with the two things I dislike most about Xevious - the slow speed and the ground targets.

But damn, my mouse-hand is hurting now...
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

That's evil. Xevious without ground targets is just not Xevious. And the ship moves way too fast! They should have called it "Not Xevious", sort of like that stuff in supermarkets called "Not Bacon"...
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Oh, man, even using a tablet my arm hurts... then again, I killed it already from Insaniquarium :? 16,710--I am weak!
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Thunder Force wrote:That's evil. Xevious without ground targets is just not Xevious. And the ship moves way too fast! They should have called it "Not Xevious", sort of like that stuff in supermarkets called "Not Bacon"...
Hehe, one's honey is another's vinegar. Or something to that effect. It's not really the ground targets that bother me in Xevious, it's the fact that if your aim is even slightly off you miss. Couple this with the fact that you can only fire one bomb at a time and it's very irritating. Namco got it right with Dragon Spirit, really.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
sffan

Post by sffan »

Ghegs wrote: It's not really the ground targets that bother me in Xevious, it's the fact that if your aim is even slightly off you miss.
As it should be. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the ground targets. :wink:
JEZ

Post by JEZ »

I had this very vivid flashback of playing Goldrunner on the Amiga way back in a darkened room with my friends.
Must have been some old muscle memory, playing with the mouse, that triggered this response.

Didn't really think it had that much Xevious over it though.
?- Did the Labion terror beast ever solve the rubic puzzle.
druuna

Post by druuna »

very good flash game :)
but why not put a scrolling background?