Shmup Convention Survey: We need your feedback!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Softdrink 117

Re: Shmup Convention Survey: We need your feedback!

Post by Softdrink 117 »

An anime convention (Animation on Display) has been very open to the idea of working with us to put together something cool, so we've been in discussion with them for a while now. Our working title for now is, as trap mentioned, STGWeekly at Animation on Display (or STGWeekly @ AOD for short). Whether that will stick or not is currently unknown. :wink:

It'd be cool to be able to refer to it as "Wasshoi USA" or suchlike, but quite frankly since we a) aren't sure what content we will have yet and b) do not know what the legal status of the "Wasshoi" name is (is it copyrighted?) that can only remain an unofficial nickname for the time being.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Softdrink 117 wrote:An anime convention (Animation on Display) has been very open to the idea of working with us to put together something cool, so we've been in discussion with them for a while now. Our working title for now is, as trap mentioned, STGWeekly at Animation on Display (or STGWeekly @ AOD for short). Whether that will stick or not is currently unknown. :wink:
If you don't mind me saying, "STG@AOD" is much more catchy. It also has the same kind of ring as SGDQ/AGDQ.

Understand you may want to keep your brand visible however.
#STG4WD>>
bradtemple87

Post by bradtemple87 »

I would definitely come as well! There are a lot of us locals that bring pcbs and games to play.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yes, I've got a version 1.00 Crimson Clover CD-Rom disc release (with the nifty full-color DVD case) back in the day...still haven't upgraded it to the latest version 1.01 yet.

It'd sure be nice to see plenty of candy cabs running some cool Cave PCBs including SDOJ.

That'd be ace to attend an inagural shmup convention based out of San Francisco of all places...it ain't fun getting lost with the Muni bus system (but with a handy Muni bus map shelter/kiosk, that problem goes away really quick) -- not to mention of it running 24/7 everyday. Sure, there's them taxis but they charge an arm and an leg depending on the mileage and whatnot.

At the once-a-year California Extreme shows, there's usually a mystery shmup PCB brought in for all to play (courtesy of yours truly, PCE-FX!) to let fellow CAX attendees know that the arcade shmup PCB genre is still alive and ticking.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Last edited by PC Engine Fan X! on Fri May 08, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Am I the only member who suggested/requested dance performances and sing-alongs?

Also, Yagawa as special guest and location test of Galuda 3 and Raizing Collection on xbox360 :mrgreen:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

It'd certainly be cool to see a dedicated shmup themed art gallery for all to admire or even perhaps buy/purchase for their very own. Or even an awesome shmup themed plastic model gallery to gloss over would be ace in my book.

And hire some super sexy female models to promote the latest in shmup swag/wares...there's nothing like a bit of sex appeal/eye candy -- even attending them auto shows, it goes hand-in-hand as usual. Getting in contact with a local modeling agency about hiring temporary models for such events is one way to make this a reality/possibility.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
city41

Post by city41 »

I would be all over this. I live in the area, can lend some PCBs to the convention.