Radiant Silvergun overlay lines gfx glitch?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
zach

Post by zach »

Hi all, my name is Zach. I've been playing RSG fervently for the last couple of weeks. I have had the game for about a year or so, yet only played it off and on, until the burning desire to play overtook my mind. completely. I am going to be a dick and ask a question in my first post, I apologize in advance, gentlemen...something that I noticed lateley concerning the video quality during certain sections of RS has been bothering me. None of my friends own this game, let alone play it, so I have nothing to compare my copy of the game to. In a few sections of the game, the background is overlayed with cool wavy blue vector lines. for some reason, during the last time that this happens, the lines overlay the sprites, and seem to be really glitchy and fuzzy. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Welcome to the forum, zach. I've moved your post here so others can see it (it was originally buried as a reply inside a thread in Off-Topic).
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

What stage is it on? Is it Reminiscence? Because that stage has intentional vectorish graphics.

If it's on another level. . . Well. . . I believe that's a glitch then.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
zach

Post by zach »

Thanks Thunder Force...yes, this happens in Reminiscence. It happens three times throughout the level. On my copy, the last time that this happens, the lines overlay the sprites, and the screen gets kind of messy. Sound familiar?
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

Yes, because the level is supposed to be that way.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

If the same thing happens everytime, its probably meant to be there.

Although, my old Saturn had a laser problem and gradually alot of games graphics seemed messed up. I even gave away a few games because I thought they were faulty. Lucky sods.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.