Mihara/Cave corporate PDF report may hint at Mushihime port.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

I was first intending to reply with some counterargument (Galuda was ported due to a labour of love by an Arika exec who was infatuated with it, rather than a profit machine - and a low print run since it wouldn't sell big anyways and better not end up with unsold inventory) - then it came to me. We're debating all this stuff with so much time and effort, and what we say has absolutely no effect on the outcome. There's no point getting your hopes up or down, never know either way. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Zhon wrote:I was first intending to reply with some counterargument (Galuda was ported due to a labour of love by an Arika exec who was infatuated with it, rather than a profit machine - and a low print run since it wouldn't sell big anyways and better not end up with unsold inventory) - then it came to me. We're debating all this stuff with so much time and effort, and what we say has absolutely no effect on the outcome. There's no point getting your hopes up or down, never know either way. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
My thoughts exactly.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

I'll wait and see for myself as well. Until there's a release date mentioned, I'm going to cool my jets. Mushi for PS2 is a nice prospect.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
zakk

Post by zakk »

japtor wrote:dont know if no one noticed it or just ignored it, but seemed to be worth noting. later down in that thread:
Mihara does specifically mention the PS2 in this diary entry, though he seems skeptical it could handle the port; apparently Mushihime can move nearly twice as many bullets as Galuda's arrange mode.
does galuda have a wait mode? and if so, when its off, can it handle the arrange mode without any slowdown?

and even if doj/galuda were ported fine, another thing to think about is that theyd be porting from different hardware this time with mushi.
Galuda has no wait mode.

There are even times where I think it has some trouble with arcade mode.
It seems to react badly to the 3rd boss' last pattern in level 3 'red' kakusei.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

I still am interested as to why Mihara would speculate in his blog about whether or not the PS2 could handle the game. Maybe he was just making general spec but it'd be interesting to read the full context of that entry. Maybe someone could Babelfish or translate it?
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Dylan1CC wrote:
Kiel wrote:There is a Mushi cell phone game, Mushihime Gaiden. Not a shooter like their other ones though.
No offense but we already covered that. A cell phone game can't really be classified as a "consumer game" since it's something you rent. But then again, who knows.
I wasnt speculating that a consumer release would be for cell phones, I was responding to those wondering if there was a cell phone version of the game like this:
BulletMagnet wrote:Wasn't a cell phone version of Mushi announced back around when the arcade version came out though?
Next time I'll quote.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Kiel wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote:
Kiel wrote:There is a Mushi cell phone game, Mushihime Gaiden. Not a shooter like their other ones though.
No offense but we already covered that. A cell phone game can't really be classified as a "consumer game" since it's something you rent. But then again, who knows.
I wasnt speculating that a consumer release would be for cell phones, I was responding to those wondering if there was a cell phone version of the game like this:
BulletMagnet wrote:Wasn't a cell phone version of Mushi announced back around when the arcade version came out though?
Next time I'll quote.
Ah, sorry. I probably should have read better myself. *waves from across North Dakota over at his MN neighbor*