Death Roulette: Loop 22

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
S_Fang

Re: Death Roulette: Eternal STG Tournament

Post by S_Fang »

Strikers1945guy wrote:
shmuppyLove wrote:
S_Fang wrote:I manage to find a game for the challenge, the lucky/unlucky is Battle Garegga - Unlimited (America)

S_Fang - Battle Garegga Unlimited (MAME) - Normal Mode - Blade Owl (I love that ship <3 ) - Stage 1 - 774440

I really don't like the almost-invisible bullets in "Battle" series, as well the "middle finger" move of dropping the wrecking plane on you in 2nd stage.
Bro, you rolled Garegga and played Bakraid?
Drugs. Not even once.
The thought of those "invisible" bullets in both games have created a Freudian slip in my mind, I'm way too weird to take drugs (unless they slow time and allow me to play better at these games).

Fix'd for avoiding further ridicule and scorn.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Just rolled Crimzon Clover. Since it doesn't say World Ignition I'll play the original doujin version, Original Mode.

Edit: Shepardus - Crimzon Clover (original version, Original Mode) - Type Z - ALL (5 stages) - 328,824,219,580

Turns out playing World Ignition has made me a lot better at the original than I was the last time I played it (my highscore before this was 183 billion). The game's very generous with extends and most of the enemies that give me the most trouble in World Ignition aren't present in the original. Also, playing as Type Z almost feels like cheating...
Last edited by Shepardus on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Just a heads up, week ends in 1 hour
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

And then?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

shmuppyLove wrote:And then?
Resurrection!

---

Week is now over, I will compile scores and announce our first champion later this afternoon.

The new week starts immediately, any run submitted after this post will be counted towards next week.

As I said, there are a few changes which will be detailed in this post and added to the OP:

Important, please read!

Just to clarify a few things:

All games must be played on normal or above, default settings etc etc. Same as you would for the high score threads.

If you clear a game still note the stage number in your submission. Please use this format:

ACSeraph - Mushihimesama (360) - M-Type - 5 (ALL) - 32894234857

New rules in effect as of week 2:

You may now do a maximum of 5 rolls per week. However you are no longer limited to a single roll per day. This is to help people who cannot participate daily still be able to compete. Whether you spread your games across the week or do all 5 in a single sitting is up to you.

To make it easier for me, please keep all 5 of your submissions for the week in a single post. So if you play on multiple days, please edit the new run into your first submission for the week.

The "play every day" 2 point bonus will now be awarded to all players who submit the full 5 rolls in a week.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

shmuppyLove - Border Down (Arcade) - P1 - 2 - 1322880
shmuppyLove - Homura (Arcade) - P1 - 1 - ???
shmuppyLove - Raiden (Arcade, US) - P1 - 1-2 - 117890
shmuppyLove - Sexy Parodius (ver JAA) - Koitsu - 2 BOSS - 114600
shmuppyLove - Night Raid (PSX) - P1 - 2 - LOLTAKUMI
Last edited by shmuppyLove on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Softdrink 117 - Gunbird 2 (MAME) - Tavia - 1-3 - 217900
I don't understand this game. First two stages incredibly easy --> Stage 3 wtf I'm dying everywhere where even is my hitbox

Upcoming for tomorrow: Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Shepardus wrote:Shepardus - Crimzon Clover (original version, Original Mode) - Type Z - ALL (5 stages) - 328,824,219,580
I'm calculating everything right now and for some reason you have 4 scores registered when the max should be 3. It's probly my bad for not being very clear about when things start and end. Anyhow, to keep things fair I'll be rolling this into your week 2 score, but on the plus side it's a great way to start the week :D
ACSeraph

Re: Death Roulette: Loop 2 -Eternal STG Tournament-

Post by ACSeraph »

OP is updated with the leaderboard for week one and the new rules. Congrats Shepardus, that ChoRenSha run earned you a ton of points and total victory. Awesome performances from everyone else too, very surprised how many ALLs we got in such a short time and even a freaking letter score :shock: Shmups forum is truly a scary place, but that's exactly why the colonel has trusted you with this mission...

Good luck in Loop 2 8)

---

ACSeraph - Sega Ages: Fantasy Zone - Stage 6 - 144,600

The way the camera scrolls really kills this game for me. Running into shit that you can't see in front of you is infuriating. I wish the camera stayed with your ship at center screen at all times. Also lol at blue bullets on blue background for the stage 4 boss guys, great design right there :roll:

ACSeraph - Gun.Smoke (360) - Stage 2 Boss - 61,300

ACSeraph - Sagaia (GB) - Stage 8 (ALL) - ?

ACSeraph - Deathsmiles MBL (360) - Sakura - Stage 7 Final - digits

ACSeraph - Caladrius Blaze: Evolution (PS3) - Lilith (Default) - ALL (7 Stages) - 100mil

Loop 2 Total Score: 42
Last edited by ACSeraph on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Ikazu-san - Mushihimesama (Arcade '04/10/12.MASTER VER.) - S-Power - Original 4 - 4.271.429

Dunno how I beat Stage 3 boss with literally no resources, but that felt pretty good.
http://i.imgur.com/9IuZhXW.png
------------------------------
Ikazu-san - Ikaruga (NGC) - Normal 2 - 1.563.300

Fuck ballet!
Ikazu-san - Guwange (Arcade Master Ver.) - That... 3rd guy, with tengu companion - 3 - ???

Y-yeah, kids and their 2hu's.
Ikazu-san - Uwabami Breakers - 1 - 127.204
Ikazu-san - Kiaidan 00 (PC-Engine) - 3 - 2.290.900

Whoa, I'm really lucky for obscure stuff.
Last edited by Ikazu-san on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

S_Fang wrote:I really don't like the almost-invisible bullets in "Battle" series, as well the "middle finger" move of dropping the wrecking plane on you in 2nd stage.
I don't know what game you're playing, but Batrider and Bakraid are not like that. Garegga isn't even really like that, but at least it's somewhat easy to make fun of.
LordHypnos wrote:Started on Strite and ended on Strite. Sorry, should have made that more clear. If I had made the second stage it would have been "Strite, Daser" because I chose Daser as second.
Eh, for that game, just press Start when the stage select comes up.
Softdrink 117 wrote:I don't understand this game. First two stages incredibly easy --> Stage 3 wtf I'm dying everywhere where even is my hitbox
You probably got the wild west stage! Just imagine getting it for 2-3.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Blinge - Thunder Force II - Stage 1 - fuck cares

Yeah.. umm no thanks.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
chum

Post by chum »

chum - thunder force 3 - 2
chum - DonPachi - 2-2 (7 stages) - 9,900,250
chum - Sengoku Ace - 2-1 (8 stages) - 680,900
chum - Strikers 1945 - 1-6 - 523,200
chum - Giga Wing - 5 - 4,011,374,308,120
Last edited by chum on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Pteriforever - Phalanx The Enforce Fighter A-144 (NO$GBA) - Stage 3 - ????

Accidentally closed the game partway through :/ Oh well.
Starhall || Abmneshi || Starhall 2
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

added to my original post instead
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

ACSeraph wrote:
Shepardus wrote:Shepardus - Crimzon Clover (original version, Original Mode) - Type Z - ALL (5 stages) - 328,824,219,580
I'm calculating everything right now and for some reason you have 4 scores registered when the max should be 3. It's probly my bad for not being very clear about when things start and end. Anyhow, to keep things fair I'll be rolling this into your week 2 score, but on the plus side it's a great way to start the week :D
Oops, it felt to me like more than a day since my last score but it actually wasn't. Thanks for counting it for next week!
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
pokemon123

Post by pokemon123 »

>roll dodonpachi two. Man i feel lucky :P (even though stage 4 and 5 suddenly become wut)
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Week 2:

cave hermit - Recca (Higan) - Stage 2 - 1,472,468

Playing Recca using the wii classic controller pro d-pad is so much easier then the tiny chipped 3ds d-pad or the circlepad which simply was not made for digital control based games.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

ACSeraph wrote: Awesome performances from everyone else too, very surprised how many ALLs we got in such a short time and even a freaking letter score :shock:
Well you do realize that Ibara is basically my favorite game of all time, right? I have scores in the E-F range, and my current goal is G+ Thanks though hehe, I definitely wasn't expecting to do that well on my first credit with it since I normally need a little bit of a warm up. :3
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

WTF DID I JUST PLAY?!?!?! Stage 2 was a zelda-style overhead type of game where you could milk the enemies infinitely for points.
^I know this game sucks

pestro87 - The Guardian Legend - Stage 3 Boss?!?!?! - 67,500
EDIT:
pestro87 - Hitogata Happa - Mission 2 (Stage 3) Boss - 27,994,820
Last edited by pestro87 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

pestro87 wrote:WTF DID I JUST PLAY?!?!?! Stage 2 was a zelda-style overhead type of game where you could milk the enemies infinitely for points.
*image*
^I know this game sucks

Heh, after You complete main game it gives you code for the shmup-only mode, "TGL". Should've used that.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Ikazu-san wrote:
pestro87 wrote:WTF DID I JUST PLAY?!?!?! Stage 2 was a zelda-style overhead type of game where you could milk the enemies infinitely for points.
*image*
^I know this game sucks

Heh, after You complete main game it gives you code for the shmup-only mode, "TGL". Should've used that.
Ah, I see! lol, yeah that would have made way more sense :P I had no clue what was going on in Stage 2 with all of those strange markings on the floor and the majority of them didn't seem to do anything...
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

It's all good I'll give you full credit for it. It was a very unusual roll... I rolled Super Star Force once and had no idea what the fuck was going on with that one either.

Also is Guardian Legend really so terrible for what it is? I liked it a lot as a kid, but I haven't played it in a long long time.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

ACSeraph wrote:It's all good I'll give you full credit for it. It was a very unusual roll... I rolled Super Star Force once and had no idea what the fuck was going on with that one either.

Also is Guardian Legend really so terrible for what it is? I liked it a lot as a kid, but I haven't played it in a long long time.
Nah, I wasn't entirely serious :) I thought that the shooter sections were all right but nothing special. The bosses had pretty cool designs and decent bullet patterns. Overall, pretty OK from what I played. I wouldn't mind playing them again. Stage 2 was quite cryptic but there was nothing particularly bad about the gameplay or enemy designs. I get the feeling that it's a game that you need to put a little more time into than a random credit :P
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

chaos-Gallop Armed Police Unit-2-something
chaos-Strikers 1945 II-Shinden- 1-4 -373,900
chaos-Ikaruga-2-610,980
chaos-Alpha Mission II-2-something
chaos-Coryoon-4-7911980
Lilium
Banned User

Post by Lilium »

Nice way to start the week. A touhou game. Free points :P

Lilium - Imperishable Night - Lunatic ALL (6 stages) - 3,317,896,700

EDIT: Played the rest of the week out in one sitting.

Lilium - Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label - 2-5 (10 stages) - 218,454,050
Lilium - Strikers 1945 II - 1-6 (6 stages) - 549,000
Lilium - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - Lunatic ALL (6 stages) - 183,203,610
Lilium - Mushihimesama - Original Stage 5 (5 stages duh) - 6,869,571

Words: Dodonpachi credit got off to a good start but then it all crashed when i died twice on 1-5 and once at the start of 2-1. Also died most stupidly at 2-3 midboss. Also had two deaths in 2-4, one of which was cringe-worthy. Finally game overed on 2-5. I don't really play this game for the time being so i'm morbidly out of practice with it hence the deaths to almost entirely shitty stupid spots. It takes being in good form to run this game without making silly errors all over. The survival is mostly simple (sans the obvious chokepoints of course) but you gotta be in good form and follow the good routes. If you don't then it gets tougher and as mistakes pile up, so does the self confidence go down.

Strikers... As Psikyo goes, you must expect to memorize a great deal about it before you can get anywhere. This one i have hardly ever played! When i got it in, i played it for a bit and figured that it seemed cool and all but i wanted to play Gunbird 2 instead. So now when i try it, i have basically no experience i have no idea what the bosses are gonna do so reaching stage 6 on what is essentially first credit (although it really is 2nd credit, i hadn't actually learned or memorized anything) and falling short of the extend kinda gives me an idea of how easy 1-alls in Psikyo truly are. I know that this game is a mad beast in the second loop though so its still on my list of awesome games that I should totally learn to play better one day.

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: A crap run as could be expected. I don't really play this game very much. I had one death to stage 4 on Patchouli's 2nd non-spell if you'd believe that which kinda killed my confidence which lead me to die to Mercury Poison and bomb the rest of her spells. Sakuya went down nice though with just one bomb on the opener and otherwise no deaths or bombs. Stage 6 went terrible with like deaths on Meek, Illusion and Gensokyo. I'm a bit sad that I couldn't compensate with at least a Gensokyo capture but well, that's how it is.

Mushihimesama: I don't like this game very much so far so i've only played it for a short while. This time i had the misfortune of picking something that's not the bottom shot so I had the displeasure of moving at a snails pace while Psikyo bullets were going around. I died so much to things i shouldn't and I completely and utterly suck at this game. Fair enough, i haven't played it much but damn I did not enjoy that experience lol, i felt like my combination of difficulty mode and shot type had set me up for a run where i'm horrifyingly ill-equipped to handle what's expected of me.
Last edited by Lilium on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't need a reason to dodge things. http://www.liliumstg.blogspot.com/2015/ ... s-log.html
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ACSeraph - Gun.Smoke (360) - Stage 2 Boss - 61,300

This game is a fucking death sentence. Where mah guide BIL!? Not that I think it would help...
TDS

Post by TDS »

TDS - Dangun Feveron - B/Bomb/Speed1 - 3 - ???
TDS - Kingdom Grand Prix - Chitta - 2 - 575410
TDS - Blue Wish Resurrection Plus - Blue Peace - 5 (ALL) - 36485880
TDS - Mazinger Z - Mazinger Z - 2 - 134600
TDS - DoDonPachi - A/Laser - 4 - ~7700000
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

So I just rolled on Restart Syndrome until I got 5 games that I actually own in some form.

Hitogata Happa
Muchi Muchi Pork
Mushihimesama Futari version 1.5
Akai Katana
Gradius Gaiden

Well, I'm screwed if I actually bother to play these. So if I 1-All, would I get credit for getting an All considering that's what MMP would show it as, or would I not since I wouldn't have beaten both loops(in which case I'll pick version 1.01 for more stages)? Would looping give you the 5 points for 1cc even if you don't clear? Do you get 10 points for clearing 2 loops in addition to the stages(not that I'd expect to)

I haven't played Futari or Happa for a long time, expect to not do well on either(especially since I have to pick Nobilmente at least on Happa since Euridice is an easy mode, would go Original on 1.5 and still not clear it because rustiness).

Edit: Just did Akai Katana.

Enigma- Akai Katana(Arcade Mode)- Type 3- Stage 3 Boss - 12,068,478

About as much a disaster as expected considering I had last played the damn game in 2012. I might have gotten to stage 4 if I hadn't been hit on my last life before the boss with 2 bombs in stock since the extra bomb and the one dropped before the boss might have allowed me to bomb through it. Pretty much all I remembered about the game before this was, Bosses summon trains, planes, and other stuff, Autobomb only on last life but it costs all bombs currently in stock, there was weird stuff with the option or whatever, and that I had no idea how you score.

Enigma- Hitogata Happa Nobilmente- Mission 1(Stage 2 since it starts on 0) 9,610,170

I obviously forgot how to play this. I had a crap Mission 0 which barely got me gems which doomed me on Mission 1. Nearly timed out on Mission 0 so barely any gems from time bonus. Negative delay so the game was running faster than it should have been didn't help either, but it wouldn't have affected anything here.

Enigma- Mushihimesama Futari version 1.5 Original- Stage 5- somewhere around 106 million(didn't get the exact score)

So rusty right now. Died to stage 1 rocks because I stopped shooting to autocollect some score items, then lost my last life with 3 bombs in stock a little before the extend.

Enigma- Muchi Muchi Pork version 1.01 - Stage 2-3 (5 stages in each loop so 8 stages were played here)- 165,009,030

1.01 was chosen for the 1cc loop requirement over 1.00's No Miss requirement. Getting extends in the loop unlike 1.00 helps as well, but this is definitely not a novice mode as the patterns are the exact same as version 1.00. Terrible loop 2 play which included 3 deaths on the stage 2-1 boss because I totally don't need to bomb it(I should have and knew I should have), a little suckiness in 2-2 and 2-3 as well. I had to save the replay to check, and yes I actually got cheated out of the 2-3 midboss secret extend(requirement to kill with lard shot, and unlike the first loop it doesn't matter what the lard meter is at, though it was empty just like the first loop requirement) since it didn't appear despite killing the thing with lard shot. Could have been a 2-4 or 2-5 without the 2-1 boss deaths.

Enigma- Gradius Gaiden- Stage 1-3 - 110,920

Picked the wrong shield type for starts. Limit is great when it's in one of the first 2 slots, not when it's in the last slot of your gauge. Also screwed up things. Of course not playing the game for a while makes me a bit worried about the boss fights going well, and having to play the game on crappy PSP with no autofire option is suck.
Last edited by Chaos Phoenixma on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
pokemon123

Post by pokemon123 »

forgot to play my game yesterday :(.

Anyway here is my new game from today, unfortunately forgot score again .

pokemon123-ketsui(DEATH LABEL)-normal ALL(3 stages)-???