Twinkle Star Sprites now on Steam!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
The Coop

Re: N-G Bundle on Humble (TSS included! Also, N-G Steam Port

Post by The Coop »

MathU wrote:So the bundle is actually selling two different versions of the game, and the one you get from a Steam key happens to be locked to Steam DRM?
You get multiple versions of most of the Neo-Geo games currently being sold. Two of the KoF games are Steam-only (they're only on Steam at the moment), but the other 19 games can be played via both DRM-free files that you download, and in-browser from Humble Bundle's site (you'll find these versions in your account with your other purchases). Plus, 3 of those 19 games are also able to be activated on Steam. So really, you get three versions of Metal Slugs 1, X and 3.
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

Blazing Star and Ironclad have been added to the bundle.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

The non-shmups added are the original NeoGeo version of KoF 2002 and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. Ironclad is the prototype MVS version rather than the CD version.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Well, at least I got one of the games I was hoping for. Never heard of Ironclad, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 is nice. Shame about getting KoF 2002 a second time. Seems like that should have been a different game, like Last Resort, Crossed Swords, Andro Dunos, Viewpoint, World Heroes Jet or something.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I don't mind KoF 2002 a second time since the Steam version of the remake doesn't have the original, though, at the same time, there are a few others I'm more interested in. I'm curious about the differences between the CD and MVS version of Ironclad since CD was the only released version and I'm not sure how complete the MVS prototype version is.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

OK, now's the perfect time to bump this...

Twinkle Star Sprites is finally now on steam, $8 US, and yes, online multi too! X3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366280
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Squire Grooktook

Re: Twinkle Star Sprites now on Steam!

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Instant buy if it's an actual port and not just a bad emulator + rom in a box.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Developer: DotEmu
:| probably want to pass on it.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

Saw it on Steam store page. Sweet. Went to game store page, to check it out before buying. DotEmu . . . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aGG27dGUA
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Ah fuck, I missed that.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

Why does DotEMU always have to suck so much balls? :(
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned that...>.>

Either way, some glaring problems, sounds/music is somewhat off, speed is faster than it was originally (even the Easy difficulty might be a bit off.), and maybe some other stuff I've haven't yet to run in, but regardless, still got it despite problems.
The Armchair General wrote:Why does DotEMU always have to suck so much balls? :(
Yeah, though it be real nice if they could playtest their ports before bothering to release them in such states as this. And it would have been real nice to contact them with their problems too. >.>
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

NeoStrayCat wrote:OK, now's the perfect time to bump this...

Twinkle Star Sprites is finally now on steam, $8 US, and yes, online multi too! X3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366280
YES
trap15 wrote:
Developer: DotEmu
NOOOOOOOOOOOOUUURRRRRRRRR
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

A buddy of mine challenged me to some online matches just a few minutes ago. The game is playable but rather laggy... which when coupled with the overclocked game speed can resort to getting smacked by attack that are basically undodgeable. Also, the lobby music is repetitive as hell! You think they could have chosen a slightly longer loop.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Friendly reminder that fightcade is free and it has a glorious netcode.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

KAI wrote:Friendly reminder that fightcade is free and it has a glorious netcode.
Too bad it's for an earlier version of FBA (nothing against it, just want to use more recent romsets with it). At least it still supports TSS (which I got in that Humble Bundle).
Last edited by BrianC on Fri May 27, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

At least the Humble Bundle was worth it for two non-dotemu Steam ports of updated KoF games and roms that could be used in other emulators. The Steam Metal Slugs aren't bad by dotemu standards, but still have issues.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Reviews are already on "mixed". Welp.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Oniros wrote:Reviews are already on "mixed". Welp.
Well, in the game's forums, some people are already going into contact with the devs/pubs to possibly fix the port, for now, all we have to do is wait and see.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
Oniros wrote:Reviews are already on "mixed". Welp.
Well, in the game's forums, some people are already going into contact with the devs/pubs to possibly fix the port, for now, all we have to do is wait and see.
DotEmu... fix a port?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA! AH HAH! AH HAH! AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....

**passes out**
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Say what you will Co-Op...>.>

Either way, if it makes any difference, I just launched TSS over steam again, and the slowdown is now included, no patch/update...nothing. It...just sort of already happened. Though yeah, I'll still wait till other stuff (probably) gets fixed.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

While this is a bad port of the game, it is being given away for free this month on Twitch if you have an Amazon Prime sub.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

DotEmu is the modern day Micronics. Shitty as they are, maybe someday a few generation Z people will be nostalgic for their games.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

OmegaFlareX wrote:DotEmu is the modern day Micronics. Shitty as they are, maybe someday a few generation Z people will be nostalgic for their games.
No one will ever miss DotEmu, their horrid emulation packages, and their inability to fix even the slightest problem with said packages.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

OmegaFlareX wrote:DotEmu is the modern day Micronics. Shitty as they are, maybe someday a few generation Z people will be nostalgic for their games.
Worse than Micronics. Lazy emulation (maybe even with open source code, so they just did a bad interface) is worse than ports.