R-Gear (Rayforce sequel) uncovered...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Squire Grooktook

Re: R-Gear (Rayforce sequel) uncovered...

Post by Squire Grooktook »

apatheticTurd wrote:
Zeether wrote:the music sounds like an early version of "Geometric City".
Sounds like an arrangement of Penetration to me.
Geometric City was basically Penetration II.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

What would make this be absolutely amazing is if the game actually had an entire soundtrack to it. A whole 'nother round of ZUNTATA/Tamayo goodness. I remain hopeful, but will brace myself for the other possibility. In that case I'd probably just mute the game or something and listen to one of the Ray- arrange albums. 8)
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

2014, the year of our shou.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ryu

Post by ryu »

ptoing wrote:
ryu wrote:
DocHauser wrote:Some footage here:

http://youtu.be/1t5uOXGWgd8
Yeah, that looks better than I expected but still bland. Looks like at the very least a lot of textures are missing
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Those clips look like they are from a finished product. Nothing looks placeholder, nothing looks missing.
Eh.. you're right. I should have taken a better look before.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

Was just told of this thread....looks like my little posting spot has been found. It has taken many years and yen to get to this point. None of these discoveries come cheaply.

Here is a sampling of others I have on hand that I have not announced or released just yet.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
become history
Macaw

Post by Macaw »

FUCKING CYBER STERRA
trap15

Post by trap15 »

You are my god.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Sweet Jesus Shou.
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

Enemy

Post by Enemy »

R-gear! ! I nearly sh*t myself seeing and reading this thread! Well done shou!
Captain

Post by Captain »

What is the difference between that Chimera and the ROM already available in MAME?
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Captain wrote:What is the difference between that Chimera and the ROM already available in MAME?
The Japanese version has never been dumped before.
Shou

Post by Shou »

I can't find my pics of it, but Toaplan's Dynamic Trial 7 has been found.
become history
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

All this news easily eclipses the excitement of whatever paltry new-shmup news that has been trickling out. I know it will probably take some time before any of these boards have their ROMs dumped (not familiar with the process too much), but thanks for at the very least making some really interesting gems knowledgeable to the gaming public.

I don't even know how a Metal Gear arcade game would work!
Shou

Post by Shou »

EmperorIng wrote:All this news easily eclipses the excitement of whatever paltry new-shmup news that has been trickling out. I know it will probably take some time before any of these boards have their ROMs dumped (not familiar with the process too much), but thanks for at the very least making some really interesting gems knowledgeable to the gaming public.

I don't even know how a Metal Gear arcade game would work!
Some are already dumped, some are on my work desk, some are in the negotiations stage. Quite frankly, once you have the relationships, it is all about money or whatever value you can bring to the table.

Metal Gear Arcade is basically an FPS. There is a headtracking piece which controls your camera, 3D glasses and a physical gun you aim for shooting & moving your character. It flopped hardcore and you can't even find a unit in central Tokyo anymore.
become history
Shou

Post by Shou »

become history
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Shou wrote:Metal Gear Arcade is basically an FPS. There is a headtracking piece which controls your camera, 3D glasses and a physical gun you aim for shooting & moving your character. It flopped hardcore and you can't even find a unit in central Tokyo anymore.
It's actually a reworked arcade version of the now-defunct MGS4 iteration of Metal Gear Online. I'm guessing it doesn't require a continuous internet connection for authentication like NESiCA/P-RAS Multi games? Sounds like it would be extremely difficult to emulate the control method, though.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Pretas wrote:
Shou wrote:Metal Gear Arcade is basically an FPS. There is a headtracking piece which controls your camera, 3D glasses and a physical gun you aim for shooting & moving your character. It flopped hardcore and you can't even find a unit in central Tokyo anymore.
It's actually a reworked arcade version of the now-defunct MGS4 iteration of Metal Gear Online. I'm guessing it doesn't require a continuous internet connection for authentication like NESiCA/P-RAS Multi games? Sounds like it would be extremely difficult to emulate the control method, though.
It does for online play. I am sure a workaround will come in due course.
become history
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Shou, about this Raiden III DX prototype, is there even the slightest bit of info on it, or is it a complete mystery until you acquire it?
Shou

Post by Shou »

Furry Fox Jet Pilot wrote:Shou, about this Raiden III DX prototype, is there even the slightest bit of info on it, or is it a complete mystery until you acquire it?
The last conversation I had on it was that elements of the work went into Raiden IV and they gave me stage 2 as an example. 3 DX was supposed to have an additional Challenge Mode to what is in vanilla 3.
become history
rancor

Post by rancor »

Shou wrote:It flopped hardcore and you can't even find a unit in central Tokyo anymore.

I remember seeing it in some places when it was on it's last legs a few years ago. I never saw anyone playing, but figured I may as well try it out since I'm a fan of the franchise. It looked as if Y300 had been the cost for 1 play, but that was scratched out and it was now Y50. I got through with my first credit, and still felt as if I had been ripped off. Anyone play that Call of Duty that was on Wii, and forced you to used the wii-mote? It was that bad. Awful, awful game with terrible motion sensing. Nothing seemed to work correctly, and it's best forgotten. I'm guessing that the original title (cerebal palsy commando) was scrapped in favor of Metal Gear in hopes that a few coins could be made based on the title alone. It worked on me.. :|
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: Here is a sampling of others I have on hand that I have not announced or released just yet.
This is our Fappening.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

SuperPang wrote:
Shou wrote: Here is a sampling of others I have on hand that I have not announced or released just yet.
This is our Fappening.
LOL
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Anyone play that Call of Duty that was on Wii, and forced you to used the wii-mote? It was that bad.
This sort of control scheme can work very well for an FPS if properly tuned, though, as seen in Metroid Prime 3 and Resistance 3.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Macaw wrote:FUCKING CYBER STERRA
I saw the reference in the other thread, so my jaw dropped just a bit less when I saw the screens, but just hnng oh man

And Dynamic Trial 7! Time to rethink my ages-old determination not to buy the flyer from GP...will be interesting to see that one. I think it's in a genre I can't warm to much, but we'll see.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Next stop: Dodonpachi Campaign Version
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

By the way Shou isn't the only one to get swag, it's not as awesome as those rare and lost gems, but check this:
http://forum.shmup.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19293
Still tainted with the sweat and stench of dem Cave heroes. :mrgreen:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Was daydreaming about R-Gear during some down time this weekend. I was wondering how often games that were never officially released were ever voted on or mentioned in the annual top 25.

I mean, it's presumptuous to think the game is that good already. But it struck me as an interesting thought.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Shou, has Taito/S-E given a definitive yes or no on whether they have any interest in giving R-Gear and Vertexer official releases to modern platforms at any point in the future? There's already been references to the former in the PS1 collection and in RayStorm HD.

If Vertexer's music is being recorded off the same PCB for an officially sanctioned OST, then I would assume they are aware of your activities.
Eno

Post by Eno »

Holy crap. So, which day of the week does that Church of Shou thing congregate? Can I still eat pork if I convert?
RS Kusoscores | Avatar taken from xkcd