Degica Shmups Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mero

Re: Degica Shmups Thread

Post by Mero »

No
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Maron, the balls on this guy. You're getting fucking fresh?
Mero

Post by Mero »

MaXXX wrote:Maron, the balls on this guy. You're getting fucking fresh?
Nah, your post was fucking daft, that's all.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

But bundles don't usually have all the soundtracks in too, because people will often want the games without the soundtracks. Is that ok???
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

Elixir wrote:
FunktionJCB wrote:
bytestorm wrote:I wonder if the steam release of battle garegga will get a limited ed box as the ps4?
What Steam release? Has it been confirmed anywhere that it's coming to Steam?
No

The Taito Hey loketest of Garegga 2016 in October was running on Windows, and I KNEW as soon as I reported this, people would start speculating. In fact, that's exactly what happened.

In all likelihood, since it was a loketest at such a hotspot arcade, it would make sense if it were released on the new NESiCAxLive2 platform which was also announced in October, and most definitely will be making an appearance at Taito Hey.
This was written in an email from degica so thats why I assumed its coming for steam too.. :S

Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

That's Dariusburst DLC, mate. There's a Raizing pack coming out. :P
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

DLC pack 4? What's pack 3?
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Presumably the Cave one. (DFK, Deathsmiles and Ketsui)
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

Klatrymadon wrote:That's Dariusburst DLC, mate. There's a Raizing pack coming out. :P
Aw man... :( I totally missed that. My eyes just saw Garegga & Steam and the deal was sealed
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
qmish

Post by qmish »

bytestorm wrote:
Klatrymadon wrote:That's Dariusburst DLC, mate. There's a Raizing pack coming out. :P
Aw man... :( I totally missed that. My eyes just saw Garegga & Steam and the deal was sealed
Funny thing it's like it was one of few news from Tokyo Game Show this year. And i dont mean shmups only... In games overall it was pretty empty.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

If you still can't try the DLC ships in arcade mode then mehhh.
They won't work in CS mode either right?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
qmish

Post by qmish »

No, but you have access to stages from CS mode in DLC mode.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

All of them, Or just some?

Am I the only one who thinks no DLC ships in arcade mode is stupid? arcade mode to me is the 'real game'
I wouldn't even care about leaderboards for dlc ships.. :|
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

More than you could bother with tbh, there's a large set of CS missions unlocked with each DLC you get. DLCs also come with Defense missions which always have unique stage design. A lot of CS missions are way harder than any route in arcade/EX (gigantic bite..). Some of them are well thought out like the final CS mission & those tend to have unique enemy layouts.

Disappointed G.Rev isn't making new bosses or stages for DLC but hey maybe they're just saving their efforts for Border Down HD 8)
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Blinge wrote:All of them, Or just some?
Some, but like Zaarock said, a significant amount.
With each DLC, you get a pack with 3 stages based on that property, you unlock a 10 stage pack named after the publisher of that title (there's one for Taito, and another for SEGA), and you unlock 10 stages from the CS packs 1 or 2 (depending on the DLC you bought), for a current total of 60 stages.

With the upcoming CAVE packs, you will unlock CS pack 3 (meaning, 30 more stages), and assuming the 8ing DLCs are the same, you will get a total of 120 stages from CS Mode, which will be most of them.
Blinge wrote:Am I the only one who thinks no DLC ships in arcade mode is stupid?
Even if you don't agree, it would kind of defeat the purpose of the DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours release. Since it was announced, it was advertised as featuring two separate, and different modes: an arcade perfect version of Another Chronicle EX, and a separate mode, with different content and aspect ratio, designed for home platforms.
Essentially, you get to play two different games, and you have a menu option to select which one you want to play.
Adding the DLC ships to the AC mode would change this, and cause all kind of issues with scores, balance, ...

Personally, I don't mind this.
I have an arcade perfect port, meaning you can even build an arcade cabinet to try to play the game in an experience closer to the arcade, and get the same content, plus a new game, with content and references from all over the Darius series.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I'd also love to use the DLC ships on the arcade courses, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. It's a shame there's almost no chance of the game catching the attention of modders.

Also no sign of an all stages course. Sigh.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Does Nick Palmer still post here? Is he aware the scoring fix for the Ketsuipachi TLB is only applied in practice mode?
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

who knows if it's even unintended

could someone test on the 360 version? start practice, set the GP value to something more than 99,999,999 and see if it goes beyond
steam version has that option too but it always caps at 99,999,999 in practice while on full credits it goes beyond a billion without problems
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Degica mentioned a 'secret unannounced shmup' more than a month ago:

https://twitter.com/DegiGames/status/818548392867536901

Any idea what it might be? More stuff from Cave or a new company?
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

I'm really looking forward to doing more than hinting. :)
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

If the game in question is the one whose name starts with an "M" and ends with "ARS MATRIX", I'd be really happy.
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

d3vak wrote:If the game in question is the one whose name starts with an "M" and ends with "UCHI MUCHI PORK", I'd be really happy.
Fixed :mrgreen:
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:I'm really looking forward to doing more than hinting. :)
Can you give a time frame for the hinting to become more than hinting?

I like to tell myself that the reason Radiant Silvergun hasn't been added to Xbone BC yet is because someone is in the middle of porting it to PC.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Unfortunately, timeline isn't solidified enough for me to even say when exactly I will be able to say more.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Got DFK on Steam today. Hope SDOJ is next.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:Unfortunately, timeline isn't solidified enough for me to even say when exactly I will be able to say more.
Well, good to know you and Degica aren't dead and have plans at least :P
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

reckon luck wrote:Degica mentioned a 'secret unannounced shmup' more than a month ago:

Lets not forget that Degica also handles Mages Inc./5pb.Games properties on Steam. Given that Bullet Soul (Infinite Burst) appeared on Western marketplaces in late 2016 there could an infinitesimal possibility that a PC port is in the works. This could also open the door for the Xbox 360/PS3 port of Ketsui to be brought to Steam.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

NickPalmerDegica wrote:Unfortunately, timeline isn't solidified enough for me to even say when exactly I will be able to say more.
Things have been quiet in regards to new announcements.

Nick, I know you are limited in the information you can share, but can you at least hint at when can we expect any announcements?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

HydrogLox wrote:
reckon luck wrote:Degica mentioned a 'secret unannounced shmup' more than a month ago:

Lets not forget that Degica also handles Mages Inc./5pb.Games properties on Steam. Given that Bullet Soul (Infinite Burst) appeared on Western marketplaces in late 2016 there could an infinitesimal possibility that a PC port is in the works. This could also open the door for the Xbox 360/PS3 port of Ketsui to be brought to Steam.
Be aware though that 5pb/Mages self publishes their titles on steam now, so they're no longer limited to Degica to publish their stuff now. First being Steins;Gate. Then the next title being Bullet Soul.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Not gonna lie, former CAVE fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching CAVE crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this company release another PC port.