Darius Force/Super Nova SNES

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BrianC

Darius Force/Super Nova SNES

Post by BrianC »

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get this game. I heard mixed reviews about it. Do the levels repeat a lot? How does this game compare to other Darius games?
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

I think it's good. It's better than Darius Twin, if that helps. I haven't played it in awhile though.
cdawg4949

Post by cdawg4949 »

I just bought a copy on Ebay for a grand total of 3.50 shipped. Haven't played it yet but for that price, why not pick it up. I can give you a brief review after I play the thing, but why not try it for yourself at 3.50.

-CODY-
KrazyJoker

Post by KrazyJoker »

Trust Me, this is a good shmup for the SNES. Especially if you're a Darius fan..........like me. Has good graphics and music for it's time. Has the level select feature just like Darius Gaiden and G. Darius. Well worth a space in your library. The best Darius under Gaiden and G. Darius, IMO. Get it!
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

I was lucky enough to stumble upon a copy of Super Nova about two weeks ago. Yea man, if you see it, buy it. After playing it, it gives me new respect for the SNES as a shooter system - I always preferred the Genesis back then. After a brief sit down with it when I first cleaned it up and tried it out, I feel that I have already earned back the $2.50 I spent on it.