Three new Xbox One Shmups announced (Moss, qute, Triangle)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Special World

Re: Three new Xbox One Shmups announced (Moss, qute, Triangl

Post by Special World »

Zaarock wrote:
Special World wrote:Sounds like exactly what you'd want out of a Qute game. I don't see how it could possibly be as fresh as Eschatos, or the jump from Eschatos to Ginga Force, but I'm hoping Qute really is this magic company that can substantially advance the genre with each new game they make.
How exactly is Eschatos a substantial advancement from Judgement Silversword though? They have very similar mechanics and lots of similar enemy patterns. Eschatos improves on a lot of things but I don't see how people who played JSS could find it very fresh.

Not trying to hate on your idea or anything, I love all the Qute games so far. Hoping this new game is a worthy followup to Ginga Force, though I've always preferred vertical STG. Hopefully score attack/arcade mode is unlocked immediately this time so people aren't forced to grind through story if they dislike it.
imo the visual presentation of Eschatos is a step forward from other shooters w/r/t the camera angle switching, but I also think it bridges the gap between all types of shooters. Silversword feels strictly like its own brand of manic shooter, while Eschatos derives inspiration from Space Invaders, classic hori-style designer ships, and manic and bullet hell games, with a shield ability that cuts through everything and makes it feel fair and cohesive. It's a game that fans of any era of shooter could gel with, imo.

I guess I would say it's less restricted in scope than any other shooter. With Space Invaders and Galaga you're getting waves of simple enemies, with Raiden you're getting sniper shots, and with Cave you're getting slow-spreading bullet patterns. But with Eschatos you're really getting all these thing at different times, or getting them all at once. I'm not sure I've ever played a game that tries to pull from the entire scope of the genre, and I definitely haven't played a game that does it so cohesively.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
KAI

Post by KAI »

pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

gematsu.com wrote:According to the company, the reason for the delay is to further enhance the game’s quality.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/natsuki-chro ... JUTTWD4.99
Keeping my fingers crossed that they're changing from Hori to Tate :P
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I find it quite "amusing" that absolutely no screenshots have been shown anywhere about these games, yet we're seeing news of delays :?

either these new games will throw somethin completely out of this world upon us or be complete shit
yet I know it's gonna be the latter :?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Yeah. When your development is being subsidized and you know nobody is gonna play your game... why bother making it good :?
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Just Ginga Force all over again:
  • Announced Release: 2012-08-30
  • Actual Release: 2013-02-14
  • Delay Reason: Addressing Quality issues.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 24#p817524

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p877811

.. and lets remember that Sakura Flamingo Archives did release on time - and people were not happy; ultimately it is the quality of the end product that counts.
trap15 wrote:When your development is being subsidized and you know nobody is gonna play your game... why bother making it good :?
So you can port it to a platform where people will play it? I know wishful thinking ...
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

trap15 wrote:Yeah. When your development is being subsidized and you know nobody is gonna play your game... why bother making it good :?
It's a good thing that Qute isn't as apathetic as you. I don't know who was actually expecting Natsuki to release in spring. And SF Archives should indeed serve as a lesson about the value of a delay.

Getting Last_Dancer vibes from this thread. At least wait for the game to come out before going into port begging mode.
Legendary Hoamaru

Post by Legendary Hoamaru »

Delay is fine, it just gives me the time to grab the Eschatos records.

In my sweet sweet dreams...
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Qute knows what they're doing. Doubt they'll make a bad game honestly.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Considering that Natsuki is a sequel or side-story to Ginga Force and is likely to inherit its structure and base mechanics, I hope Qute removes the pointlessly annoying restrictions on weapon energy. It's not as if the game's bosses and big target enemies didn't have oodles of HP to begin with, and they take ages to kill even with the most powerful shots.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Welp, that's not good news, I mean, there's also hardly anything for "Shooting Love Trilogy" either, and I guess that's also still TBA whenever, but at least Raiden V has a release date.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
KaiserFoxHD

Post by KaiserFoxHD »

So I'm a little confused... why is it that Xbone is getting all these shmups, do they sort of own these developers, cause I find it hard to believe that Moss as well as others are just willing to make games on a console that isn't doing to well in they're reigon.
ZacharyB

Post by ZacharyB »

In the previous generation of consoles, most shmups came out on the XBox 360. However, the XBox 360 was doing much better in Japan than the XBox One is.

The consensus now is that, indeed, Microsoft paid the developers to develop these games only for the XBox One. That was likely before its grim standing in the Japanese marketplace fully materialized.
Ashdude

Post by Ashdude »

Microsoft needs push harder for these games. And they should give Microsoft of Japan total control over their own territory. I heard that Xbox One roughly translates to "Once Divorced" in Japanese. So it sounds like Redmond is trying to run it all and they're doing very poorly.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Natsuki Chronicle lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY0cQqdAqZs

Delayed to 2017 though.
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

Oniros wrote:Natsuki Chronicle lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY0cQqdAqZs

Delayed to 2017 though.
The music sounds almost the same as Eschatos'
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

^^^^^ this is a very good thing :D :D :D ha
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Natsuki Chronicles is coming out December 25th!

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/natsuki-chr ... ecember-25
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Its a Chistmas miracle, lol. Its finally coming out, lol. Though kinda sad its digital only (and the price is a little rough, but hey, its been in dev limbo for a while), didn't expect it to have an overseas release too. (Now if we can just get Ginga Force in English in some way...)
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Well I'll be damned. It'll be nice to finally play a truly new game by one of the great Japanese developers instead of just remakes or ports.

Also, it runs at 4K 60fps on Xbox One X? Nice bonus. (Saying that gives me flashbacks of Blazing Star..)

Bring on December 24th!
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

AntiFritz wrote:http://gematsu.com/2014/06/new-azito-ra ... d-xbox-one

New Raiden game, Shooting Love trilogy and Natsuki Chronicle.

Seems xbox one is gonna be the console for shmups :/

I wonder what happened to Shooting Love Trilogy? Triangle Service is still kicking as Ga Sen Love was released on the Switch earlier this year.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

If it's coming to the Microsoft Store, doesn't that mean you can get it on your PC? I recall my brother playing The Outer Worlds that way without using the Epic store...
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

the System Requirements page only lists Xbox One for Operating Systems, so I would guess not