The official Yagawa worship thread and 10,000th topic

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
scrilla4rella

Re: The official Yagawa worship thread and 10,000th topic

Post by scrilla4rella »

copy-paster wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote:I've always wondered what shmups Yagawa has played for fun over the last couple of years...
As noted by one of the interviews
Feople often say this on the internet, but Gun Frontier… I’ve pretty much fully exhausted it now, but its the game I played the most.
Ok, yeah obviously Gun Frontier was the prime inspiration for Battle Garegga but I was wondering if he's known to have been into any newer shooters since then.

All I know about him is that he's a chain smoker, was seemingly bitter while working at Cave, and that he died for our sins
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

scrilla4rella wrote: Ok, yeah obviously Gun Frontier was the prime inspiration for Battle Garegga but I was wondering if he's known to have been into any newer shooters since then.
I'm sure he's also fans of Gradius series, you can look at gameplay of Laserfight! another game he programmed which has resembles of MSX Nemesis series.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

copy-paster wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote: Ok, yeah obviously Gun Frontier was the prime inspiration for Battle Garegga but I was wondering if he's known to have been into any newer shooters since then.
I'm sure he's also fans of Gradius series, you can look at gameplay of Laserfight! another game he programmed which has resembles of MSX Nemesis series.
Very interesting! thanks for sharing :)
Strikers1945guy

Post by Strikers1945guy »

scrilla4rella wrote:
copy-paster wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote:I've always wondered what shmups Yagawa has played for fun over the last couple of years...
As noted by one of the interviews
Feople often say this on the internet, but Gun Frontier… I’ve pretty much fully exhausted it now, but its the game I played the most.
Ok, yeah obviously Gun Frontier was the prime inspiration for Battle Garegga but I was wondering if he's known to have been into any newer shooters since then.

All I know about him is that he's a chain smoker, was seemingly bitter while working at Cave, and that he died for our sins
Maybe that's why you can milk the Ibara stage 2 boss for like 3 minutes and barly move your ship at all. Smoke break?
Mister Midnight wrote:btw, cant trust them Koreans; remember Pearl Harbor
Imhotep

Post by Imhotep »

he also mentioned that he played lots of Samurai Spirits back in the day, and Darius Gaiden.

he seems to have a large pcb collection but isn't too keen on newer releases, concerning DFKBL he mentioned he hadn't even played DFK vanilla.
land for man to live, sea for machine to function.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

He was bitter about his work at Cave? Where did that info come from?
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Hey just looks bitter and fed up in general in pics. Not a big selfie guy.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Would imagine him being bitter about not being able to make "his" games from MMP and onwards.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Eaglet wrote:Would imagine him being bitter about not being able to make "his" games from MMP and onwards.
He died for our scrub-ishness :cry:
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

scrilla4rella wrote:chain smoker
Medalize the weed already.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Hey just looks bitter and fed up in general in pics. Not a big selfie guy.
Someone should hack Cave's personal data and give more pics and details about him.

EDIT : I found these pic from old thread

Where's YGW ?
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

copy-paster wrote:Where's YGW?
Coming soon to a PS4 near you.

#BasedM2
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Gathered around the long dining room table were all the members of the Smith family. Aunt Jerma, Uncle Phil, Cousin Nicky, the whole gang was here so to speak. The table itself held a veritable cornucopia of delectable dishes: Garlicky mashed potatoes, maple syrup coated sweet potatoes, tangy cranberry sauce, and in the middle of it all, an enormous glistening turkey, filled to the brim with herb laden stuffing and dripping with savory juices. The scene was in a word, idyllic. Well, almost idyllic.

The youngest son of Ted and Jenny Smith, Jerry Smith, had no interest in chatting with his relatives and was hunched over with his phone, sliding his thumbs about the screen as he frantically tried to get his character to down a chug jug before his opponent could do him in. Suddenly a sharp nudge to his left forearm broke his concentration, leaving his character defenseless as his opponent put a bullet through his head with a golden scar. Jerry could only watch in frustration as his opponent flossed and dabbed repeatedly to celebrate a narrowly earned Victory Royale. "What the fuck did you do that for mom? I was about to get a Victory Royale!" "JERRY! Watch your mouth, especially around your grandpa! Anyway, we discussed this on the trip here, no phones during the meal!" Shooting a dirty look at his mother, Jerry relented and put his smartphone away.

*clink clink clink*
"I'm so glad to see the whole family together again to celebrate a holiday meal together. You could almost say that I'm... Thankful!" Everybody let out a collective chuckle. All except Jerry. "Now before we dig in, I think we should give a little thank you to the big man upstairs!" As all the family members settled down, they closed their eyes and put their hands together in prayer. "Dear Lord, thank you again for bringing us all together to celebrate our good fortune..." Jerry opened his eyes and looked to his left. His mother still had her eyes closed. "...And thank you for this bountiful feast..." Jerry pulled his phone out and quickly launched Fortnite. "...And bless Grandpa Tim, and bless cousin Nicky..." Jerry was queuing up for a match at this point. "And of course bless..."

BOMBA!!!

A middle aged Asian man crashed through the ceiling and landed feet first onto the dining room table. The impact flung the gravy boat right into Grandpa Tim's face, coating it in searing hot brown sauce. As Tim fell backwards screaming in pain, the rest of the family could only stare at the man who had just crashed through their ceiling and ruined their Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone, save for Grandpa Tim, who was now whimpering in agony, was dead silent. The Asian man had a stern look on his face as he glanced around the table.

After what seemed like an eternity, somebody stood up from their seat. It was cousin Nicky. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU, YOU CHI-"
ORA!
The strange Asian man Power Pole extended his cock into Nicky's face in a picosecond, with the force of the impact decapitating him. Cousin Nicky's head crashed through a window and into the streets as the rest of his body slumped in its seat. A few screams were heard in the distance for a few moments, and then, dead silence once again. The rest of the family stared at the murderer as he retracted his cock like a vacuum cleaner cord. The inhuman Asian man stared back.

Suddenly, the man squatted down next to the Thanksgiving turkey, and shoved a hand into its stuffing filled orifice. He began pulling out handfuls of stuffing and tossing them over his shoulder right into Uncle Phil's now pale face. Phil looked as though he was about to stand up, but quickly glancing at cousin Nicky's headless corpse he thought better of it. After the turkey was completely devoid of stuffing, the Asian man paused for a moment. He stared intently at the turkey as the rest of the family watched. Then suddenly, ORA! Some of the family members let out quiet gasps. ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA...
Aunt Jerma looked as though she was about to be sick. ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA... Jerry couldn't believe that the man could fit his entire Silver Sword inside that comparatively small turkey!
ORAORAORAORAORAORA... BOOMBA!!! The turkey pulsed briefly. BOOOOOMBA!!! Another pulse, this one even more intense. BOOOOOOOMBA!!! The turkey appeared to be about to burst! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBA!!! Suddenly the turkey exploded, spurting Silver Sword Napalm all over the rest of the family. Horrible screams filled the air as the sticky substance rapidly melted away at the unfortunate family, quickly reducing them to skeletons. Everyone was dead. That was, except for the Asian man and little Jerry, who had quickly ducked away from the blast. Jerry stared in horror at the strange Asian man as he stepped down from the now ruined dining room table. The man walked towards Jerry's end of the table. "This was it", Jerry thought as he closed his eyes. But a few moments later, Jerry heard a strange sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSdMofWItk

Opening his eyes in confusion, Jerry looked around. He was in a stark white void that stretched out infinitely in all directions. In front of him was an arcade machine, like the ones he had seen when he visited the boardwalks. But this one looked different. White curved plastic. Shining immaculate control panel. And the game itself was one Jerry had never seen on the Google Play store before. "Battle Garegga?" Jerry looked at the title screen in confusion before it hit him. The Asian man wasn't a man, but a god. The strange powers he demonstrated left no room for doubt. And the god didn't fail to kill him. How could a god fail at anything? The god had spared Jerry. Jerry was the only one at the table that hadn't paid respect to the false idol. He had been taken aside to Purgatory to understand the true god's will. The only thing that mattered. This strange game, Battle Garegga. With a trembling hand Jerry reached for the start button. He knew now this would be his life until he had become one with the true god. He knew the truth. Yagawa was love. Yagawa was life.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I'm surprised the Fortnite addict wasn't the first to be punished, but who am I to question the acts of YGW?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
donluca

Post by donluca »

Necropost in a 3 years old thread.
Check.

Wall of text which doesn't make any fucking sense.
Check.

Absolutely fucked up story.
Check.

Unnecessary gore.
Check.

Random japanese words.
Check.

Username checks out.

Yeah, this is the kind of shitpost I like reading during meal breaks.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Fanculo i miei vecchi stivali

that wasn't a shitpost!
a godpost was that.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
donluca

Post by donluca »

My post was sarcastic. I enjoyed the read.