The official Yagawa worship thread and 10,000th topic

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DestroyTheCore

Re: The official Yagawa worship thread and 10,000th topic

Post by DestroyTheCore »

I thought only Yagawa was the genius behind the bigger boobs = less speed and more power system.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

DestroyTheCore wrote:bigger boobs = less speed and more power
This made me laugh irl. Brilliant quote right here.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

The rebirth of Yagawa: part one
------
The man sat alone in the dimly lit apartment room, staring blankly at the portrait on the wall. The portrait,
which portrayed a middle aged Japanese man, was framed in an exquisitely decorated frame which contrasted
heavily with the dilapidated plaster wall it hung on. At the base of the gem-studded golden frame, there
were initials engraved reading "YGW".

There were no other decorations in the room. For that matter there wasn't any furniture
either. In fact, the only other objects in the decrepit room were aging circuit boards, an arcade joystick,
and a CRT monitor. In the very middle of the room, surrounded by a circle of these objects, The man sat
completely naked.

The man was an absolute mess; it had only been a month since his wife divorced him and
forced him out of their house, but his physical and mental deterioration gave off the impression that
he had been trapped in a POW camp for years. His skin was a sickly gray, he was malnourished to the point
that his ribs were showing through his abdomen, and when he wasn't loudly screaming prayers he was
constantly muttering to himself.

Suddenly, the man began to speak:
"They didn't believe me my lord", the man said to the portrait. "They thought I was insane."
The portrait did not respond.
"I tried to tell them about you, and your blessings, I tried to make them see the light! I really
did all I could to convert them to the one true path!"

Two months earlier, the man had everything a normal person could ask for: A loving wife, two kids,
a beautiful house, a well paying secure job, etc. While the man spent most of his time either at work
or with his family, he had another hobby: he loved to play arcade games. It had never been
a problem with the man's family; sure his wife never really "got" video games, and his kids didn't
understand why anyone would want to play old games from the 90's, but they never interfered with
his hobby. After all, the man's wife thought, "what's the harm in him spending a hour or two by himself
on the computer every now and then?"

For quite some time, there was no harm. The man would come home every day, boot up MAME, and play
random ROMs for about a hour before returning to his normal life. But a little over a month ago, something
happened to him.

---End of part one---

I may or may not be continuing this nonsense; I was bored and sleep deprived when I decided to do this.
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Omg this needs continuing. This is better than most novels these days. And I'm actually curious how the man got to be in that state. Something deep inside tells me it's yagawa related.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Keep it coming.
cave hermit wrote:His skin was a sickly gray, he was malnourished to the point that his ribs were showing through his abdomen, and when he wasn't loudly screaming prayers he was constantly muttering to himself.
Me IRL
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

trap15 wrote: Me IRL
That was me about 6 years ago. Though I'm not implying that I don't loudly scream anymore.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
SapphireDensetsu

Post by SapphireDensetsu »

trap15 wrote:
cave hermit wrote:His skin was a sickly gray, he was malnourished to the point that his ribs were showing through his abdomen, and when he wasn't loudly screaming prayers he was constantly muttering to himself.
Me IRL
^^^^
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

http://www.yeshiva.edu/YESHIVAGEDOLAH/t ... fault.aspx
Undercover Jewish religious school actually training future YGW worshipers.
I knew it.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
copy-paster

Re: So this is apparently the 10,000th topic in Shmups chat.

Post by copy-paster »

cave hermit wrote:Image

> he whispers into my ear, "Extend at 1,000,000 points each"

> Yagawa looks him deep in the eyes and says, "Nippon version use in Nippon only"
:lol: x 1.000.000
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

This humble apostle wants Great YGW to read this some day.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Shiiiit, I should write something appropriate here, becauae I listed Garegga as near-perfect game once.
So, erm... BOOST ETERNAL?
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Blinge wrote:This humble apostle wants Great YGW to read this some day.
Maybe YGW will visit when we've fulfilled our quota of sacrificial extend drops and exploded airplane parts. Go play Battle Bakraid so we can reach the quota faster.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

cave hermit wrote:After all, the man's wife thought, "what's the harm in him spending a hour or two by himself
on the computer every now and then?"
You lost me there. Totally unrealistic.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Once Raiden V comes out, I will return to this thread and defile your sacred house of worship with its brightly colored glory as more anti-Garegga blasphemy spews forth from my wicked tongue. You have not seen the last of me! :twisted:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Oh nooo it's Raiden.. prepare to be bored to death :wink:
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Oh boy Raiden.

What will I have to deal with in this stage? Fast aimed bullets? Fast Aimed Bullets? Or fast aimed bullets?

Such variety!
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

"And making a whip of cords, Based YGW drove them all out of the temple, with the sniper tanks and the fairies. And he poured out the medals of the medal-chainers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the micluses, "Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of fast moving yellow bullets."

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You've outdone yourself this time. This should be in "best of shmups forum" was that ever a thread? i can't find it..
edit: here it is http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39011
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Ah yes, always nice to check in on the Mars Matrix appreciation thread every now and then.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

There's probably more Mars Matrix here than Garegga.
SapphireDensetsu wrote:the lack of batrider and bakraid in this thread disturbs me
Or Recca, for that matter.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

LordHypnos wrote:Ah yes, always nice to check in on the Mars Matrix appreciation thread every now and then.

there's a special place reserved for you in.. (bullet) hell
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that pic! :lol: This is actually really entertaining, seeing how I am being portrayed in these scenes
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

Remember: It is not excessive fire if you still getting tic points.
1. Unusual Weaponry
2. Short Words
3. Blind(ing) Fire
Strikers1945guy

Post by Strikers1945guy »

Furry Fox Jet Pilot wrote:Once Raiden V comes out, I will return to this thread and defile your sacred house of worship with its brightly colored glory as more anti-Garegga blasphemy spews forth from my wicked tongue. You have not seen the last of me! :twisted:
Enjoying Raiden V ??
Mister Midnight wrote:btw, cant trust them Koreans; remember Pearl Harbor
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Every shmup is shit, except Gradius series.

No Gradius => No power-up system => No option system => no rank system => No themed stage design => No catchy shmup music => No checkpoint recovery => No joy of bullet-dodging => No fast paced bullets => No unique shmup bosses => Yuzo Koshiro didn't interest in VG music => Iuchi didn't interest in shmups => No R-Type => No Raiden => No Garegga, Batrider, Bakraid => No RSG => No Ikaruga => Ikeda didn't interest in bullet hell if Salamander doesn't exist => And many more....

Also Yagawa is a retarded Gradius fanboy, so retard that he create a blatant MSX Nemesis ripoff in MSX named Laserfight. Oh, I almost forgot..
Okamoto wrote:Even Capcom had just put out Makaimura and it was really popular at the game centers, but the employees were all say “Gradius is our generation’s game.”
Yes, Gradius is GOD :twisted:
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I've always been a massive Gradius fanboy, and even I can admit that the series sucks and my opinion that it's good is wrong.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Strikers1945guy wrote:
Furry Fox Jet Pilot wrote:Once Raiden V comes out, I will return to this thread and defile your sacred house of worship with its brightly colored glory as more anti-Garegga blasphemy spews forth from my wicked tongue. You have not seen the last of me! :twisted:
Enjoying Raiden V ??
Yes! It's the best damn shmup I've ever played. It even tops Raiden DX. In fact, it's so good that since I own the only playable release in the world so far, I'm going to be greedy and not share any of it with anyone else on these forums. :lol:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

True Believer.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I've always wondered what shmups Yagawa has played for fun over the last couple of years...
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

scrilla4rella wrote:I've always wondered what shmups Yagawa has played for fun over the last couple of years...
As noted by one of the interviews
Feople often say this on the internet, but Gun Frontier… I’ve pretty much fully exhausted it now, but its the game I played the most.