Stikers 1945 II PCB Easy?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Brian

Stikers 1945 II PCB Easy?

Post by Brian »

I have been playing my new Strikers 1945 II board courtesy of Venom. Anyway, is it me, or is II much easier than 1? I am asking this from a strictly PCB view, I am not sure of the console ports.
TVG

Post by TVG »

o_O

NO!

i just played it 2 days ago in the arcade, and it definitely isnt anything easy.

maybe someone messed around with the dip switches?
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Well, as far as the home ports go, I always figured Strikers 1 was easier than 2. This is also the way it works in MAMEland.

I would look into the dipswitch settings though. Keep it default, Ace!
landshark

Post by landshark »

I play all the strikers in mame.

In terms of difficulty, I find it to be:

(hardest)
Strikers 1945 Plus
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 III
Strikers 1945 II
(easiest)

But I play III and II the most.

However, I have a feeling it boils down to how much time you spend with each. I 1cc'd III before II, but still regard III as more difficult simply because a few of the bosses are more randomly-harder than II's for me.
TVG

Post by TVG »

i dont know if its just me, or if mame is faithful enough to the true arcade games, but i find strikers II MUCH MUCH harder than the first one, it doesnt compare.

but i never played the first one besides mame and the crappy ps2 pal port, so i wouldnt know for sure.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

I also had the good fortune to play all the Strikers in the arcades.

To me, Strikers 1 is hard in certain parts because while you are charging, you can't shoot, thus allowing the screen to fill up.

Strikers II and Plus will be hard if you use certain planes. :lol:
Brian

Post by Brian »

I checked the dips and everything seems to be default. I suppose I am just better at II than the original. It is always tough for me to believe I am halfway decent at anything.
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

I 1cced Strikers in a couple of weeks, while still strugglin with strikers pt2 after one year. Strikers 2 is crazy, absolutely mindblowing.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

When I was in Hong Kong over the summer, I watched some guy playing Strikers 1945 II, and it was crazy. I think he came close to 1CC'ing it, and the cabinet was set to OMFG whatever the highest difficulty setting is. Yikes!