The shmups sales/deals thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NeoStrayCat

Re: The shmups* sales/deals thread

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well guys, another PS Store sale, which means another shmup sale there, Gradius V for $2, and Mamoru-Kun for $1! =o (PS+ prices BTW)

Gradius V: http://bit.ly/293YEBa
Mamoru-Kun: http://bit.ly/29cJY14
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Well guys, another PS Store sale, which means another shmup sale there, Gradius V for $2, and Mamoru-Kun for $1! =o (PS+ prices BTW)

Gradius V: http://bit.ly/293YEBa
Mamoru-Kun: http://bit.ly/29cJY14
Ooh, thanks a lot.
Is it possible to use a black background in Mamoru-kun? The ones I'm seeing are too flashy for my liking.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Yes, black is an option.
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

Jamestown Plus is $2.49 on PSN
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

blag wrote:Hurricane of The Varstray is 80% off (£2.20), looking forward to giving it a whirl.
This is hella tempting, but the backlog is so big...:(
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Whatever happened with the update for Crimson Clover: WI on GOG? I still haven't been notified of any updates to it.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

I'll check in on it.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Maybe it's my Nvidia card since it's not exactly the most powerful one (520m), but I still get odd framerate drops in places when using it while playing Crimison Clover WI (latest version on Steam). I don't have this issue when I use Intel Graphics 3000. I also tried multiple resolutions.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

BrianC wrote:Maybe it's my Nvidia card since it's not exactly the most powerful one (520m), but I still get odd framerate drops in places when using it while playing Crimison Clover WI (latest version on Steam). I don't have this issue when I use Intel Graphics 3000. I also tried multiple resolutions.
This is the wrong thread for that kind of question. However, you answer your own question. The 520m is very weak. If you get frame drops with one kind of card but not with another, it's and issue of hardware capabilities or driver support. Games communicate with hardware through drivers and not directly, thus you should not bother Degica on that matter.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Bonus! wrote:
BrianC wrote:Maybe it's my Nvidia card since it's not exactly the most powerful one (520m), but I still get odd framerate drops in places when using it while playing Crimison Clover WI (latest version on Steam). I don't have this issue when I use Intel Graphics 3000. I also tried multiple resolutions.
This is the wrong thread for that kind of question. However, you answer your own question. The 520m is very weak. If you get frame drops with one kind of card but not with another, it's and issue of hardware capabilities or driver support. Games communicate with hardware through drivers and not directly, thus you should not bother Degica on that matter.
I don't get the "smart" answer that states the obvious. I checked the steam forums before posting about the issue and it's not like Crimison Clover is the most demanding game. Other games are just fine with my card, including a few that are more demanding. It's not like the Intel Graphics 3000 is more powerful, and the game is fine with that card.

I only brought it up because the patch was brought up in the same topic. And I read about the same issue happening with other Nvidia cards on the Steam forum (there's also a topic in the Steam forum where people are having similar issues with no mention of graphic card). I understand it's not the most powerful card, but neither is Intel Graphics 3000. I'm sorry I posted in the wrong place, but, again, I thought it was relevant because it was assumed only the gog version had issues.

Edit: Sorry, overreacted a bit. I found out the problem was fixed (and even Intel wasn't perfect) by switching to a lower resolution, though previously, I tried it and it didn't seem to work. odd.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Crimzon Clover pushes a lot of sprites. 2d games can thus also be demanding on older hardware. In fact, it is unreasonable to assume that just because you can run some old 3d game any 2d game should run at 60fps. It makes perfect sense that a lower resolution fixes your issue since a lowered resolution does not push hardware as much.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Bonus! wrote:Crimzon Clover pushes a lot of sprites. 2d games can thus also be demanding on older hardware. In fact, it is unreasonable to assume that just because you can run some old 3d game any 2d game should run at 60fps. It makes perfect sense that a lower resolution fixes your issue since a lowered resolution does not push hardware as much.
It's not some old 3D game. Other 2D shmups like Varstray, Mushihimesama, the Gundemonium games, and the Siter Skain games run fine. I know full well sprite pushing games are more demanding. Again, other posts on the steam forum suggest the game may be a bit unstable, so please stop assuming that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not assuming that any game should run at 60 FPS (and it still runs at mostly 60 FPS in higher resolutions. It just drops at odd times). My computer still fits well within the requirements and other games that fit the requirements are more stable.

Anyway, I do enjoy the game itself quite a bit and at least it has a setting that runs well. I picked up a few games during the sale, including Revolver 360, Raiden IV (actually runs at 60 FPS with no drops), and Varstray.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Actually, have you tried resetting your PC to fix the framerate issues in Crimzon Clover regardless of resolution?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Durandal wrote:Actually, have you tried resetting your PC to fix the framerate issues in Crimzon Clover regardless of resolution?
A couple times, no difference. At least I found settings that work.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

NA PSN Flash Sale, includes Raiden IV: Overkill, R-Type Dimensions, Dariusburst Chronicle Saviors, Mamorukun Curse!, and Under Defeat HD.
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
DraconicImpulse

Post by DraconicImpulse »

Raiden IV in $4 tier on IndieGala https://www.indiegala.com/ravingaces
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Amazon is giving a free $10 of Appstore credit for people who install a game via their appstore. I used the credit to buy Darius Burst Second Prologue. While the Vita version of DBCS makes it redundant, can't complain about free. :)
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Mushihimesama (Steam) for $4.99, which is the lowest price we've seen so far, if I'm not mistaken:
http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5383/Mushihimesama/
(Is this a good port?)
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Sadly, the answer to that question is an emphatic "no".
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Andrade-Games

Post by Andrade-Games »

1917 - The Alien Invasion -50% OFF now. A Memorization/Bullet Hell shooter for only $2.49!
Get it now if you like to blast some aliens with a triplane!

STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/470060/
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

WelshMegalodon wrote:Sadly, the answer to that question is an emphatic "no".
I think you linked to the wrong thread.
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

The Mushihimesama deal was apparently a pricing error. That store bumped the price up to $9.99, which is still 50% off the Steam price though.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

https://groupees.com/scifi2

You can purchase Zenodyne R (along with different sci-fi shmups) for $2.25 until September 1, this is your first and last chance to get it this cheap.
Yep Zenodyne R in the bundle DOES contain both a steam key and a DRM-free itch.io download key.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Shmups sale on Steam! From 9/1 to 9/5.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/shmup/
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Shmups sale on Steam!
You mean shoot em'up sale. :)
JDE

Post by JDE »

Space Moth DX is currently 80% off in the Steam Shoot 'em Up Sale - that's just £0.79!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/425340
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Sumez wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Shmups sale on Steam!
You mean shoot em'up sale. :)
What's the difference? We all know the point! XD
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Schmup
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

Anyone want to do something useful and rank those games best to worst?

Or just compile a top 3/5/10/20?
#STG4WD>>