The shmups sales/deals thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
iconoclast

Re: The shmups* sales/deals thread

Post by iconoclast »

Caladrius Blaze (PS4) is on sale for $20.99: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... DRIUSBLAZE

Might be PS+ only tho, I dunno. Either way, it's a great game.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Twinkle Star Sprites is 50% off on Steam.
I got mine!
clippa

Post by clippa »

I did look at that in the sale but I remembered hearing that the port/emulation was really shabby so I held off. Is that not the case?
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

clippa wrote:I did look at that in the sale but I remembered hearing that the port/emulation was really shabby so I held off. Is that not the case?
I don't know, but I took the risk anyway. The price is very good.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

It's dotemu so chances are it's garbage. I'll never support them for the past history anyway.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I got the Steam version of TSS for free since I already bought the humble SNK bundle. Framerate is around 55-57 and internet play is laggy.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Yeah, in my experience, the TSS steam port was piss on release since the slowdown wasn't included, later on, its now included, so its salvageable (in short, it works fine). Not much options in the steam port either (not even a separate button for auto fire like the AES and most ports had, since you know, its going to hurt your fingers unless your controller has a dedicated auto-fire button, though at the possible risk of not using the charge shots), but other than that, there's sound issues like some (if not most) Dotemu ports, but the online versus is fine, unless you're playing someone closer to your region then someone far.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
clippa

Post by clippa »

Thanks all, my money's staying in my pocket. I'll stick with the mame version.
I was going to pick up the three metal slug games that were on there as well during the sale but a quick google says that they're all really badly emulated too. DotEmu again.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Caladrius on sale for about $6 and change (and/or regional equivalent) on X360 digitally. Sale period: 12/15/16 - 1/4/17

Raiden V on X1 digitally also on sale (or rather, price change?) $50 -> $30US (also regional equivalent, though yeah, it was $25 before once from a previous sale.)

Caladrius Blaze (JP PSN) is also part of this sale too. Sale period: 12/15/16 - 1/10/17 (Though there's already the superior PS4 version anyways.)
kassj0peja

Post by kassj0peja »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Caladrius on sale for about $6 and change (and/or regional equivalent) on X360 digitally. Sale period: 12/15/16 - 1/4/17

Raiden V on X1 digitally also on sale (or rather, price change?) $50 -> $30US (also regional equivalent, though yeah, it was $25 before once from a previous sale.)

Caladrius Blaze (JP PSN) is also part of this sale too. Sale period: 12/15/16 - 1/10/17 (Though there's already the superior PS4 version anyways.)
Since I am not a Gold Member I could take advantage of the Caladrius on X360 deal. How is the game and how is the X360 version compared to others?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Its fairly good, since it usually makes most of the Elemental Shot system, and the gothic horror theme.

You start with 3 characters, 1 unlockable, and 2 are DLC (though they are cheap, lol.), each has their own elemental shots and stuff. And the game is fine tuned to to use E-S's to accute the scoring system.

Either way, the 360 version is already for an entry way version. (Though Caladrius Blaze on the PS3/PS4 is a better version with 2 more characters and some extra stages.) Though as mentioned before in the forum, the digital overseas English release of Caladrius for X360 is toned down on its fanservice and stuff. But not really a problem.

Regardless, its alright.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Xmas Shooting - Scramble!! launched on Steam today and has a 10% off launch deal. It looks very similar to QP Shooting - Dangerous!!, which is from the same developers and takes place in the same universe. It also comes with a bonus character for 100% Orange Juice, which is how I heard of this game.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

The 360 version of Caladrius is still good, even if it's not as good as Blaze. It's the only way to play version 1.10, which is basically the same as Arcade Original. They never added that to the PS3/PS4 version for some reason.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, for the PS4 version digitally, Caladrius Blaze is now $15 US with PS+, from 12/20 - 12/27.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/466820/ Zenodyne R once again is 75% off until January 2, so is Zenohell, existing customers who own one should be able to get either cheaper via one of the steam bundles.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours is currently on sale on the EU PS Store. €18 for the PS4 version, 15 for the Vita.
Surprisingly, the older DLC packs are also being discounted, namely Cave (€9), Taito and Sega (both €8). It ends on the 22nd.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

AxelMill wrote:DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours is currently on sale on the EU PS Store. €18 for the PS4 version, 15 for the Vita.
Surprisingly, the older DLC packs are also being discounted, namely Cave (€9), Taito and Sega (both €8). It ends on the 22nd.
Same applies for DBCS on Steam

Other Steam sales include Deathsmiles for €8 and Dodonpachi Resurrection for €20
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
anzhar

Post by anzhar »

Battle Garegga Rev.2016 Premium Edition [PS4] for £35.39 plus shipping, was £67.40 reduced by -47.49% at nin nin game

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-new ... 70012.html

i own a ps3, im sure it is capable of running this, missed revenue for them i guess
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Free shipping all until Feb 28th at Play-Asia. Coupled with promo code BLUECODE during checkout, you can take off $5 for purchases over $20. :)
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Another bundle with a bunch of Rockin' Android-published stuff, mostly shooters.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Caladrius Blaze is on sale (for the first time?) on the EU PS Store.
€7.49 if you're subscribed to PS+, 11.99 if you're not.
HalfCent

Post by HalfCent »

Caladrius Blaze is also on the NA store right now for the same price.
tate

Post by tate »

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is free (for the first time) on the App Store and Google Play today only, to celebrate the launch of Danmaku Unlimited 3.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

OMG thank you thank you thank you
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

Have it on steam, now on my phone!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Danmaku Unlimited 2 is 80% off on Steam until March 13, making it just $1.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

AxelMill wrote:Caladrius Blaze is on sale (for the first time?) on the EU PS Store.
€7.49 if you're subscribed to PS+, 11.99 if you're not.
Steredenn is also on sale, maybe picking it. What are the opinions about it? There's nothing reviewed yet at metacritic
Working in the japanese language achievement
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Bullet Heaven HD 60 #138 - Steredenn [PC]
Probably more useful than metacritic.
CRP

Post by CRP »

Caladrius Blaze Offer ends 22 March
@ 18,39€ "-20%off"
http://store.steampowered.com/app/386770