spaceship model kits

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Goompaolo9500

Re: spaceship model kits

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:^Sounds like you are talking about the RC Berg kits. I was refering to this one:

http://www.tomopop.com/wonder-festival- ... 7341.phtml
There is also Twinbee aside from Gradius III and IV Vic Viper.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

greg wrote:You guys may be interested in knowing that I am currently working on the R-9A Arrowhead R-Type platic model by PLUM and that I am working to light it up with LEDs.

My write-up on Tumblr:
https://stevethefishdotnet.tumblr.com/p ... stic-model

YouTube videos uploaded so far:
Video 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdK1yVXKzs
Video 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PbiquWsHvU
Video 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfaQTit5NqA
Great resource Greg. I still haven't built mine yet.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

One of the items on my to-do list since I recently bought a 3D printer is to design/build some sort of a model of the Aegis from Raiden Fighters. As far as I'm aware there's never been a commercial model kit of that one.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

Does anyone know the guys that are/were making the viewpoint boss monster models, they had a stall at wonderfest 2015, but I stupidly didn't take a photo anf they had ran out of business cards and they were gone after a couple of hours when i went back to look at them again
greg

Post by greg »

Video 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRguXY8k4h0

Second write-up:
https://stevethefishdotnet.tumblr.com/p ... stic-model

Inspired by the glowing pilot suits in Macross: DYRL, I've painted the pilot figure with reflective paint and the ultraviolet SMD mounted into the cockpit shines on the pilot, making the reflective paint shine beautifully.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
MJR

Post by MJR »

I got some:

MJR

Post by MJR »

And this too:

Sly Cherry Chunks

MJR wrote:I got some:
That missing engine cover still makes me mad. Hope you didn't pay too much for this.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:
MJR wrote:I got some:
That missing engine cover still makes me mad. Hope you didn't pay too much for this.
Huh? It's not missing, it was removed on purpose. It was painted by a professonial, who painted it to look like it has been on a heavy battle and got lots of hits. And I paid nothing, I got the model and the paintjob as a birthday present!
greg

Post by greg »

Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
greg

Post by greg »

Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Woah! I haven't looked at this thread since you started the R-9 project, so I'm reacting to the entirety of what you've done so far. Impressive work.
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
greg

Post by greg »

Mortificator wrote:Woah! I haven't looked at this thread since you started the R-9 project, so I'm reacting to the entirety of what you've done so far. Impressive work.
Thanks. I've now done the main painting. I just need to do the wiring, assemble, apply decals, etc. I do this more than playing video games these days, although starting this project has made me play R-Type Final more and I've unlocked a few new ships.
greg

Post by greg »

I've gotten back to the R-Type model. Here's video 7.

I recently did a Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider, and that was easy to light because the ship is essentially a flying saucer clamshell. This R-Type ship is proving to be more work because I had to strategize where to feed the wires through to make it work.
greg

Post by greg »

Some updates.

Video 8

Video 9

At the end of the 9th video, you can see the Arrowhead put together and the lights running on it.
greg

Post by greg »

Sly Cherry Chunks

Finished a fourth Glutton today:

Work on these is going painfully slow but they still came out faster than the Iron Fossil figma. 8)
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:Finished a fourth Glutton today:

Work on these is going painfully slow but they still came out faster than the Iron Fossil figma. 8)
Very nice work.
More Bromances = safer people
Sly Cherry Chunks

^Thanks!

Hey, it's WonFest again! Tinypic is fucked up today so just follow the links. It looks like their will be commercially released models of both TFIII's Styxx and TFIV's Rynex produced by company FREEing (posibly under the Shooting Game Historica banner once again) Also reported on Sega's japanese twitter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... f9cec5db26

https://twitter.com/yodachin0330

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1073247.html

No news on Plum's Vic though??
greg

Post by greg »

Plum's Vic Viper is scheduled for this winter. The flyer I recently received says that both the Viper and Twinbee kits are "dilligently being developed." No estimated date, however.

Here's an update on my R-Type kit progress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_7RW1CTOkM
werk91

Post by werk91 »

I started collecting Shooting Game Historica models recently and now I've basically exhausted all the ones I could find for a reasonable price so I ordered the Darius Burst model kit from HBLJ. I've heard Plum is good entry level because they're snapkits and look decent even without painting. Are the Atelier Said Vic Vipers really that bad btw? Also those old school Thunder Force kits look great, I couldn't find them on E2046 website but they do have the Vasteel and Gauntlet from TFV as coming soon. I'd love to get more kits to build but I struggle to find a UK/EU based online shop that sells them. Been eyeing those Ikaruga kits on eBay too, are they painted to begin with or definitely require paint?

Edit: Is this possibly the TwinBee kit that's upcoming by Plum: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... Y-RBT-4279 It looks very cute :)
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

The thunderforce kits look absolutely amazing.
I live in the UK how do I get my hands on them when they are released?

If I don't get my hands on a rynex with craw.
My life will never be complete.

The gauntlet ship looks gorgeous . :D
Arms installation complete Good luck
Sly Cherry Chunks

^I usually use Amiami for things like this. Just paid for Iron Fossil :wink:
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

werk91 wrote:Been eyeing those Ikaruga kits on eBay too, are they painted to begin with or definitely require paint?
Yep, both the black and white Ikaruga model kits require painting for that cool detailed and weathered look/aesthetic or you can go the non-painting route if so desired.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
werk91

Post by werk91 »

Got a few cheap kits to try out first, that'll help me decide if I'm good enough with painting to tackle something like the Ikaruga kits. Wouldn't want to make a mess out of that :lol: Also looking at Plum's website there's nothing on the teased Vic Viper and same for the Thunder Force ships on the FREEing website, guess we just wait.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

The Knight Fossil figma just came in the mail, so I took a few pics :
Spoiler
It's really cool! As you can see on the pictures, each scale can spread. The same goes for the side fins, and the mouth can be opened or closed. The main body itself is seperated into 3 parts with a bit of articulation so the front and back can slightly bend sideways.
According to the small manual, the tail can open to reenact the Burst firing but it seemed like you had to apply some force on it so I didn't want to risk breaking anything.

The box came with the two stands as well as a small transparent Silverhawk (not pictured) with its own stand.

Sly Cherry Chunks : Your Hungry Gluttons are a-ma-zing! I already saw them earlier but I think I forgot to comment on them.
Why not do the color variants Heavy Gluttons (red) and Brute Gluttons (purple) if you create more of them in the future? Color variants are fun! (that's why I also preordered Iron Fossil... :mrgreen: )
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Sly Cherry Chunks

Re: gluttons

I've thought about doing a brute or heavy. The models would require some modifications, not just a different paintjob. Might be a fun project one day, I have one casted up in clear red that needs cleaning up.

That's an awesome knight! Mines in the mail.
greg

Post by greg »

Hello lovelies, Plum's twitter page has lots of cool pics of the new Twinbee kit.
https://twitter.com/PLUM_CC
They're planning a Winbee kit for a release next year.

I haven't touched my R-Type kit for a long time. Getting it all set to go really stressed me, plus I was having trouble with my damned soldering iron. I am only a few steps away from finishing the kit.

As far as Plum kits go, this is my first one so far. I had to sand some of the pegs to improve the fit. I dunno about other kits. I think they've gotten better.

I'm strategizing how I can light up the Darius Burst kit by Plum too. It'll be a lot easier, but it will require cutting out some plastic to get the cockpit to glow. It's been since re-popped as a Darius Burst Chronicle Savior kit. That Figma looks amazing, but it's waaaaaay to expensive for me.
greg

Post by greg »

Just when my coil was reaching the green line. I thought I was very close to finally finishing the Arrowhead model, but I'll have to redo the electrical connections for the force orb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IliF3habHI

In other news, I believe Plum's Vic Viper from Gradius 4 has been postponed until spring of next year.
werk91

Post by werk91 »

Would be good to finally see that Arrowhead complete, don't give up yet!

Shame about the Gradius kit, I was getting excited for getting it around Christmas time. The TwinBee one looks nice too though. Here's my current progress of the Darius re-release one, still have decals and topcoat left to do: https://imgur.com/a/jKZTu