shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: spaceship model kits
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am 

MachineAres 1CC wow I love the ship collection. I have been building and modeling for many many years now and I've always wanted to make a diorama of the DOJ cover with the crashed type A and Shota all hooked up to it with the cables and stuff..... I might have to try and find that kit just so I can destroy it..... FOR SCIENCE... umm I mean FOR ART!!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm 

New Vic kit was shown:

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/34748 ... MMoccmNUjY

It's NOT the T301.

Some pics on twitter make it seem like the R-90 Ragnarok is getting a kit.

1CCS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:50 pm 

I just came here to post about the new Vic Viper kit. I never really played Gradius IV much (so frickin' hard), but I will buy this kit nonetheless.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm 

Video of the Thunderforce figmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmssWDe2gc

Gross mould lines on the Styxx, that white plastic looks like it will be yellow in a few years.

https://twitter.com/quesq_info/status/1 ... 1174519809

I like the look of this.

1CCS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 pm 

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:
Video of the Thunderforce figmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmssWDe2gc

Gross mould lines on the Styxx, that white plastic looks like it will be yellow in a few years.

I had those on pre-order , a bit underwhelming to be honest. Don't think I'll bother to pay for them ( they're not cheap )

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:34 pm 

Wow these are much better in hand.

Plastic quality is extremely high. rigid and satin as opposed to soft and glossy. None of that cheap, bendy and yellow Starcom/stormtrooper stuff that I was worried about. We are light years away from the original SGH gashas too.
The overabundance of accessories is an annoyance and might be why these are so expensive. Lets face it, its almost impossible to make options/Claw/satellites look cool in toy form and the snake arm stand is intrusive; distracting from the figure itself. I guess you're supposed to disassemble the arms to make one short one and one long one because you can barely position the Claw above the ship as it is. I could not get these things to look good on their stands.

Loving these side profiles, the Styx is almost identical to the sprite - and after 30 years of fanart, bad cgi and some garage kits, they've correctly included the underslung cannon that was always there. The wing tip guns can be swapped out for yellow ones to make it look as it appeared as in TFIV (cannon fodder-type). One of my gun tips is extremely loose.
Barely noticeable in the bottom pic is what looks like a paint smudge on the Thunder Sword. It actually looks like some red overspray has been touched up with white paint. Rynex also has a detachable panel on the bottom that should probably be glued in.

Shooting Game Historica doesn't seem to want to die and I'm not sure if my kid's college fund can take it. Roll on Dobkeratops

1CCS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 pm 

Here is info on the Dobkeratops Figma from R-Type.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:08 am 

Sly Cherry Chunks wrote:
Wow these are much better in hand.

Plastic quality is extremely high. rigid and satin as opposed to soft and glossy. None of that cheap, bendy and yellow Starcom/stormtrooper stuff that I was worried about. We are light years away from the original SGH gashas too.
The overabundance of accessories is an annoyance and might be why these are so expensive. Lets face it, its almost impossible to make options/Claw/satellites look cool in toy form and the snake arm stand is intrusive; distracting from the figure itself. I guess you're supposed to disassemble the arms to make one short one and one long one because you can barely position the Claw above the ship as it is. I could not get these things to look good on their stands.

Loving these side profiles, the Styx is almost identical to the sprite - and after 30 years of fanart, bad cgi and some garage kits, they've correctly included the underslung cannon that was always there. The wing tip guns can be swapped out for yellow ones to make it look as it appeared as in TFIV (cannon fodder-type). One of my gun tips is extremely loose.
Barely noticeable in the bottom pic is what looks like a paint smudge on the Thunder Sword. It actually looks like some red overspray has been touched up with white paint. Rynex also has a detachable panel on the bottom that should probably be glued in.

Shooting Game Historica doesn't seem to want to die and I'm not sure if my kid's college fund can take it. Roll on Dobkeratops

Incredible the side profile on the thunder force ships are incredible .
Any information on the the thunder force v ships release?

I want the rynex so bad was it hard to grab hold of them ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:16 am 

The V ships were released almost 10 years ago but Yukio has a fairly recent video of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8IVX23OVMc

I ordered Rynex and Styxx from Amiami. I had no problem getting them at the time, they've sold out now though.

1CCS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:41 am 

This weekend I began working on the Silverhawk from Darius Burst. Here's the first video for this build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2feJUkW7M0

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm 

Very cool video. Looking forward to the next installment.

Offline Profile