-

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cagar

-

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperSoaker360

Re: Ikaruga PC ver.

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

I'm trying not to be hyped too much. Every time I think about playing the game, I get excited and then when I actually play it I end up really disliking the gameplay.
Cagar wrote:Anyone else eagerly waiting to finally get to try this game on keyboard?
Definitely. I feel much more precise with a keyboard so I'm hoping that I'll finally be able to take a crack at some of the "orchestrated" movements seen in the superplay videos.
Cagar wrote:Online-Coop, anyone?
I don't believe it has online co-op, only local (shame, nobody nearby is really into shmups to play with me). It would be neat if it did though. I feel like this is one of the few shooters that works well with 2 players.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Cagar

-

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Well, it's out for the price of $10. Hope to see you all kicking my ass on the leaderboards while I revive the "Shmup grievances" thread with my venting. :x

I'm really hoping to get into the game this time around though.
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
coturnixx

Post by coturnixx »

Bought. PC only player, and very interested to see what this game offers. I have never checked any playthrought of the game so everything is new for me. Won´t be able to play till tomorrow sadly.

Quite excited, this game has a reputation (good and bad at the same time :mrgreen: )
ciox

Post by ciox »

Got it, this should be a great excuse to give the game a better chance.
I also hope it gets bought and does well, there might be a lot riding on it, maybe even a little thing called RS-3.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Can anyone confirm is this has DRM yet?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Took a quick glance at the folder containing Ikaruga. It contains steam_api.dll, which means it has DRM. :(
MathU

Post by MathU »

Whelp. That’s it then. Treasure can officially welcome themselves to my shit list. Like it or not, they have a lot of influence and this could very well become disastrous for future PC 2D shooter releases. This is very bad news. Fuck off and die, Treasure.
replayme
Banned User

Post by replayme »

I don't see what the problem is with Treasure having "DRM" via Steam. Doesn't bother me in the slightest...
Sony Vita: More Lives Than A Cat!!!
genetik

Post by genetik »

MathU wrote:Whelp. That’s it then. Treasure can officially welcome themselves to my shit list. Like it or not, they have a lot of influence and this could very well become disastrous for future PC 2D shooter releases. This is very bad news. Fuck off and die, Treasure.
C'mon. Steam is one of the less intrusive DRM out there. You can pretty much play anything you want offline if you so wish to. Also, doesn't all steam games have to have the steam_api.dll when they support all the bells and whistles (cloud, trading cards, achievements...).
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

MathU wrote:Whelp. That’s it then. Treasure can officially welcome themselves to my shit list. Like it or not, they have a lot of influence and this could very well become disastrous for future PC 2D shooter releases. This is very bad news. Fuck off and die, Treasure.
Aren't you under reacting? I don't think you fully grasp the nefariousness of what they have done!
Last edited by CStarFlare on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

genetik wrote:
MathU wrote:Also, doesn't all steam games have to have the steam_api.dll when they support all the bells and whistles (cloud, trading cards, achievements...).
Not sure. I'll give it a whirl while offline from Steam in a second. But I do recall the eXceed games not having Steam_api.dll and supporting trading cards.

EDIT: Nope. In order to play the game, you have to be connected to a Steam account that has Ikaruga purchased. You may rant away.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

genetik wrote:Also, doesn't all steam games have to have the steam_api.dll when they support all the bells and whistles (cloud, trading cards, achievements...).
Trading cards and achievements = no

Cloud = Yes I think
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

It's got that problem where it's really bad input lag in full screen because of vsync but windowed fixes it fine. I don't know how it would affect the game if you manually turned it off but I didn't see an option in the in game menus. Playing at 60 fps is quite nice. They added the old black and white menu when you start it up but no walking Shinra (I think that's his name) :cry: You can chapter select but doesn't look like they have that conquest mode thing. I'm too rusty to clear it though so maybe stuff unlocks.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Yeah that's right dudes FUCK this DRM bullshit!!!!
Treasure can go fuck themselves!!!!!
-__-
Stay away from this!
Everyone be warned: if you buy the game, you won't ACTUALLY own it!
Hnnnggggg!!!
:x :x
Lesson learned: Don't support treasure in the future :!:
pseudo

Post by pseudo »

just play the DC version why buy it AGAIN.. make a new game for gods sake
VSM|Jailhouse
I'm a FGC guy who loves shmups but sucks and plays on and off
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

They fixed the stage 2 boss! And the stage 3 miniboss, which I quickly game overed on now that I don't know how to do it anymore.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Can some more of you try and play this side by side with the Dreamcast or Gamecube version to test for input lag? Someone else on NeoGAF also reported experiencing it. Not sure if I want to drop $10 if it's unplayable
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

It's definitely there, even in windowed mode, but small enough that you get used to it in a couple minutes. aum aun has already broke 30 million so it's playable. I can't shake the feeling that it's running like, 10% slower than the 360 version for some reason. Stage 3 felt ok but the spacing and timing of enemies in stage 1 felt slightly off in places. Maybe I'm just crazy.

I hooked it up to 120hz monitor and turned off vsync in nvidia control panel and it broke the game in full screen, everything runs way too fast. But no input lag :roll: Runs at normal speed with vsync off in windowed but I can't tell any input lag difference.
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

MathU wrote:Location: Paranoia
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

hail good sir wrote: aum aun has already broke 30 million so it's playable.
That guy probably has it memorized though, so the muscle memory probably holds up and he doesn't have to respond as much to visual cues. So for the rest of us it could be pretty negative.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

My stick doesn't work =[

any ideas? does stuff like joy2key cause input lag?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
RaidenViper

Post by RaidenViper »

Buy games on Steam. Complains about DRM. :lol:
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Blinge wrote:My stick doesn't work =[

any ideas? does stuff like joy2key cause input lag?
I'm using Xpadder with my TE stick.

Finally a solid shmup on steam. Time to put our money where our mouth is. I honestly thought they were going to charge much more for this, but the price is quite reasonable.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

Ch3 bonus balls are fixed too. The only thing I can think of that I haven't been able to test is the hitbox on the big enemies before the ch5 bosses, and the rotation speed of the lasers on the first ch4 midboss but I think it's safe to say they would be if everything else is. Max windowed resolution is 1280x720, is my only complaint.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Did they add back the slowdown when applicable, or is it like XBLA with no slowdown?

How exactly does the 2 ships/1 controller mentioned on the Steam page? Is it like Raiden IV where you share lives for both ships and 1 score total, or is it 2 seperate life stocks, 2 scores? It'd be neat to see a double play scoreboard like there is with Raiden IV for those crazy enough to try it.
MathU

Post by MathU »

CStarFlare wrote:Aren't you under reacting? I don't think you fully grasp the nefariousness of what they have done!
I would react more strongly if I could think of a way how. PC gaming was all but dead to me back around 2006 thanks to a combination of sell-out studios and DRM bullshit when suddenly I discovered all these great games still existed on it. I am a PC shmup fan not just because I like shmups but because up until recently they have been one of the very few genres safe from this cancer, one of the last strongholds of developers who still respect their customers. I'm fucking pissed; I'm sick of being driven out of my own hobby and I won't go quietly.

Fuck Treasure. And fuck you apathetic shills who are so defeated inside that you won't even try to understand how frustrating things are for those who still give a damn about their rights.
katzinator

Post by katzinator »

Can anyone else comment on the situation with input lag on this? I'm not going to throw away $10 on this if there is absolutely no way for getting this game to play properly.

hail good sir has remarked that input lag is still present even in windowed mode. Has anyone else noticed/confirmed this?
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

mastermx wrote:Finally a solid shmup on steam.
There were already several amazing shmups on Steam though.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.