-

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
werk91

Re: Ikaruga PC ver.

Post by werk91 »

I downloaded the demo off Steam just to try and my arcade stick (DirectInput device, works on other games) isn't being recognised at all. Shouldn't the demo have the
latest updated version of the game too ?
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

BazookaBen wrote:It has options for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. So even at a lower resolution like 1440x1080 or 1600x1200, it can have virtually zero aliasing.
I've been forcing (when having some computing power to spare) FA&AA in computer games since WinXP times. It can be done in graphics card driver's control pannel. Some pretty old games (Quake II-old) can be enhanced this way.
If you're into v-sync, that can be enabled via driver too, possibly using some other method than the game's default.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

werk91

Post by werk91 »

werk91 wrote:I downloaded the demo off Steam just to try and my arcade stick (DirectInput device, works on other games) isn't being recognised at all. Shouldn't the demo have the
latest updated version of the game too ?
Ignore that, had some wiring problems with the arcade stick which I managed to fix and it works a treat. I've never been better at Ikaruga than I am on this PC version :o
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I am not sure if the game has been updated numerous times or optimized, or if my computer has somehow gotten much better, but a lot of the problems plaguing my experience of the Ikaruga PC port that I mentioned pages ago (slowdown, music de-syncing) have gone away. I'm glad the game runs fairly smoothly now.
Muzza

Post by Muzza »

Does anyone experience any skipping and/or disappearing enemies in this version?

For example halfway through the 1st stage when first coming out of the clouds if you don't kill the enemies fast enough during the transition they just disappear messing your chain up.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Muzza wrote:Does anyone experience any skipping and/or disappearing enemies in this version?

For example halfway through the 1st stage when first coming out of the clouds if you don't kill the enemies fast enough during the transition they just disappear messing your chain up.
That's how it's supposed to be. Be quick with your chains!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
pja

Post by pja »

So this is mildly interesting (seems like the right topic to post it in):
https://twitter.com/TreasureCoLtd/statu ... 9742051328

Apparently Treasure is in the process of purging Steam leaderboards from cheated scores (and are suggesting VAC bans if it happens again?)

I'd like to think it means they're up to something more on Steam front but it's probably wishful thinking on my part :P
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

If nothing else I am glad it means at least one developer is taking cheated scores seriously. I don't know how widespread the problem is but it crops up on a few leaderboards (e.g. Castle of Shikigami).
MathU

Post by MathU »

They should purge the game of Steam.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

MathU wrote:They should purge the game of Steam.
Anti Steam/DRM guy to the rescue.
RobHimself

Post by RobHimself »

Anyone getting stuttering in the Steam version of this game?

I have RTSS enabled and have it framecapped at 60FPS. VSYNC is turned off in NVCP and everything on Max Performance settings. Low Latency Mode is set to Ultra.

It's barely using any CPU or GPU processing on my machine, but I keep getting these microstutters in game that are totally random and usually occurs between 10-25 seconds. There's no pattern to the microstutters and there's nothing in game that seems to trigger any specific stutter.

I just don't understand what could be causing this game to stutter. I have the lastest Nvidia drivers, fresh installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago as well.