Operation Quickening - Second Wave

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ACSeraph

Re: Operation Quickening, join now!

Post by ACSeraph »

ACSeraph - Shikigami no Shiro III Dramatic Change Mode (Wii) - Some Kid & Hipster Dude - Stage 3 - ? - 60C

Missed my score. I've never really played this since buying it, can someone explain why I spontaneously combusted 2 times in stage 3 without any bullets even remotely close to me? Not something I'm dying to play again.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Tregard

Post by Tregard »

Tregard - R-Type Leo - Stage 4 - 440,500

Used to post on this board back around 2006/2007. I was obsessed for a time. Gradius V was the game that sold me on the genre... I used to be able to scrape through the Stage 5 boss most runs, but the backward-scrolling bit of stage 6 would always demolish me (Type 4 player). I was hoping to snag the 1CC, but then I met a girl and got married and I don't know where the last 8 years have gone!

I've been looking for an excuse to get back into these games and this seems like a nice way of re-acquainting myself with all those titles I'd forgotten about. First up was R-Type Leo. I didn't give this game much time in the past, despite being a fan of the series. Coming back to it, the sprites are nice and chunky, and the environments are colourful and distinct. It feels a bit more breezy and immediate than the main R-Type games, but way easier, especially the bosses. Might have to give this some more time, seems like it might be an easy clear.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Welcome back to the party Tregard, this is definitely a good way to casually jump back in and experience some new stuff.

ACSeraph - Nemesis II (GB) - 2-Way - First Boss - Bad - 61C

Actually expected to do decently at this since I've cleared it before, but I got clipped at a bad point early in and then was never able to recover...
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ACSeraph - Mushihimesama Arcade Original - M-Type - Stage 3 - ? - 62C

This run went really badly, normally I would have just restarted. Even after all this time playing these games I still have difficulty tracking the bullets in Mushi Original because they are too fast for me.
Captain

Re: Operation Quickening - Second Wave

Post by Captain »

Operation quickening has been updated. many things were modified for the better.

A new playing system for badasses has been added.

An enigmatic new reward for badasses has been added.

Are you shmup enough to combat the second wave?

Here's a revival for the new year.

Code: Select all

See the first post for all the datails!
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image