Stunfest 2014 : Dates and Japanese guests !

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PROMETHEUS

Re: Stunfest 2014 : Dates and Japanese guests !

Post by PROMETHEUS »

welcome JWS!
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Don't know if mentioned but dont feel like read whole thread, but PROMETHEUS will there be a stream like last year? I'm not able to attend but I remember I had great fun watching the stream, even if I don't understand French it was a blast.

Also everyone going, hope you all get fun time, and take lot of pics on cool stuffs :D
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Wow, it looks like a lot people will be coming this year. Seems like it's going to be one awesome event.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to attend this time around, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:
It's also possible TAC & Kamui will be there again.
really? that would be the best thing ever. :O
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Come endoKarb! It will be even bigger :D
z0mbie90 wrote:Don't know if mentioned but dont feel like read whole thread, but PROMETHEUS will there be a stream like last year? I'm not able to attend but I remember I had great fun watching the stream, even if I don't understand French it was a blast.

Also everyone going, hope you all get fun time, and take lot of pics on cool stuffs :D
Yes there will most certainly be streaming again!
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
nuskool

Post by nuskool »

People traveling by train from London - any tips where to get best deal/price?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

nuskool wrote:People traveling by train from London - any tips where to get best deal/price?
We just bought our tickets from eurostar.com - you're going to have to move quickly, as the prices creep up with every passing day.
nuskool

Post by nuskool »

Thanks.

Booked train, tickets and accommodation. :)

Staying in the same place as other shmup forum members so let's hook up for a beer.
KAG

Post by KAG »

Would someone like to give me an advice for travelling to Rennes?
I'm living in Konstanz, a city in south-west Germany. Generally train ticket is cheaper than flight ticket, however, by train it's somehow a little involved - I need to first go to Stuttgart/Zürich and then Paris and then Rennes - and it still costs much...
HUmar

Post by HUmar »

If you are really short on money, maybe you should consider travelling to Rennes by bus with Eurolines. The round-trip ticket (Stuttgart - Rennes) costs 165€ on the German website or 135€ on the French website (I don't know why). Departure April 30th, return May 7th, with a change in Paris.

However, consider this method only if you really can't spend a lot of money, it's a 24 hours travel and you have to book more nights at the hotel.

In comparison, the round-trip train ticket Stuttgart-Rennes costs 240€ but you can come back on May 5th. You spare two nights at the hotel and it's a 7 hours travel with a change in Paris.

Everytime, you have to go to Paris because French transportation system is designed like that. Even French people have to go to Paris first.
KAG

Post by KAG »

HUmar wrote:If you are really short on money, maybe you should consider travelling to Rennes by bus with Eurolines. The round-trip ticket (Stuttgart - Rennes) costs 165€ on the German website or 135€ on the French website (I don't know why). Departure April 30th, return May 7th, with a change in Paris.

However, consider this method only if you really can't spend a lot of money, it's a 24 hours travel and you have to book more nights at the hotel.

In comparison, the round-trip train ticket Stuttgart-Rennes costs 240€ but you can come back on May 5th. You spare two nights at the hotel and it's a 7 hours travel with a change in Paris.

Everytime, you have to go to Paris because French transportation system is designed like that. Even French people have to go to Paris first.
Ok I understand. Thank you!
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Man, this sounds amazing. I wish I could go, but I bet it'd be hella expensive to fly to France from here. Hmmm... tentative search suggests around 600 dollars round trip(?). That sounds vaguely doable if I had no other major expenses on the trip.
JWS

Post by JWS »

PROMETHEUS wrote:welcome JWS!
Thanks! It'd be really really cool to meet you Prometheus. The Full Extent of the Jam has been like a bible to me.

Do you know when our illustrious guest will be playing? How much did they hang out after the event?
Image Image
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

JWS wrote:Thanks! It'd be really really cool to meet you Prometheus. The Full Extent of the Jam has been like a bible to me.

Do you know when our illustrious guest will be playing? How much did they hang out after the event?
Thanks to you!
Our illustrious japanese guests will be spread out on all 3 days, more details later. I'm not sure I understand the second question since in the past they were different guests, but they hung out in Paris for a few days after the event.
Follow me on Twitch??
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Seems like I'm having some troubles buying the tickets. I've tried with different cards and different browsers but to no avail.

I sent them an e-mail a few days ago but they haven't answerd yet.

I don't know what to do >.<
DEL

Post by DEL »

Use a credit card endoKarb, not a debit card. 8)
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

DEL wrote:Use a credit card endoKarb, not a debit card. 8)
don't have one :?

anyway, kind ptoing offered to help me out of this one, so I should be a-okay. :)

EDIT: All sorted out. :!:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

so endokarb you are coming again? awesome :)

PS: I wish you could bring some of the guys from Italy with you! BR1, JCK, NEV, LUN, POW go go to Stunfest there are fighting tourneys there too and everything!!
Follow me on Twitch??
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

endoKarb wrote:anyway, kind ptoing offered to help me out of this one, so I should be a-okay. :)
EDIT: All sorted out. :!:
Whohooo, the gang's all here again. :3
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

PROMETHEUS wrote:so endokarb you are coming again? awesome :)

PS: I wish you could bring some of the guys from Italy with you! BR1, JCK, NEV, LUN, POW go go to Stunfest there are fighting tourneys there too and everything!!
If it was in southern France... maybe. The way things are, it's unlikely anyone else will come. It's too far away. :(

There's a guy from the aex forum (taresk) who told me he'd like to come, but it looks like he won't be able to because of his job. (not sure yet)
Icarus wrote:Whohooo, the gang's all here again. :3
dasss right. get hype :lol:

EDIT:

from Kamui's twitter:
I can't go to stunfesut.I think you want to give a message to everyone at the venue. Let's meet again and if you have a chance!
:(
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

yes guys from SuperplayLive very recently announced they invited him :)
Follow me on Twitch??
nuskool

Post by nuskool »

Strange question but are people taking arcade sticks with them?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Some!
Follow me on Twitch??
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Just announced that Treasure is sponsoring our project. They are helping pay the bill covering our Japanese guests trip!
http://www.stunfest.fr/2014/04/14/treas ... e-wasshoi/

Ikaruga just came out on steam, and Hattori decided to play his Ikaruga runs at Stunfest on the steam version.
Follow me on Twitch??
Shin

Post by Shin »

nuskool wrote:Strange question but are people taking arcade sticks with them?
I'll have one (360/PS3) (I have a supergun/360/ps2 one too but It's too big to take with me on the train from Strasbourg, France(yes, it's in France, and I'm French, even some French ppl don't know Strasbourg is in France lol)

I just got in touch (pm) with shmup.com to offer to take a jp 360 with all the shmup on the system as games on demand and xblarcade, we'll see what happens. (But I and others felt it was lacking in that department last year)
I might be able to pack my xrgb3 and/or a small supergun (makstrike) too but I need to know before April 21st. (I'm leaving for work for a couple months)

Anyways, yes, I'll be there, so can you add me Prom? Thanks.
I'll be around the superplay and conference room too (friends in for talks), but the rest of the time, if you see me (bald, short beard) since I have good English and German, feel free to ask me about translating anything...or something l'îlelpast year :) (Prom/Erhune will probably be a lot more busy than me obviously)
See you guys there!
Last edited by Shin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Hey Shin!

Glad to see you are coming too. Dunno if you remember me, I was the Italian guy with short hair, glasses and a red backpack playing a lot of Progear. we chatted quite a bit. :D

By the way are any of you guys staying at the hostel near canal Saint Martin? (this one)
Or did you all opt for fancy hotel rooms?
Last edited by endoKarb on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEL

Post by DEL »

I think we're all saying in the New Town next to the venue Mister endoKarb.
I've checked your Hostel:

Youth Hostel
Rennes
At the intersection of your passions
Contact details

10-12, canal FLEET Saint Martin
35700 - Rennes

(33)(0)2 99 33 22 33
(33)(0)2 99 59 06 21
Send an email
Click to see map
Print pdf version

Book a stay in this Hostel
-----------------

Just keep an eye out for Eli Roth, Winston and Takashi Miike. You never know with these Euro-Hostels.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

endokarb : i will be in the same hostel as you
Follow me on Twitch??
Shin

Post by Shin »

endoKarb wrote:Hey Shin!

Glad to see you are coming too. Dunno if you remember me, I was the Italian guy with short hair, glasses and a red backpack playing a lot of Progear. we chatted quite a bit. :D

By the way are any of you guys staying at the hostel near canal Saint Martin? (this one)
Or did you all opt for fancy hotel rooms?
I sure do! Glad you can make it^^
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

DEL wrote:Just keep an eye out for Eli Roth, Winston and Takashi Miike. You never know with these Euro-Hostels.
Let us know if you see any blood stains anywhere, or hear screaming and the sound of chainsaws.
Just so we can make a mental note not to book that place again. :>