RefleX, Ether Vapor and some others on Indie Gala

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
sephirothrx7

RefleX, Ether Vapor and some others on Indie Gala

Post by sephirothrx7 »

Hi, I'm new here. The new indie gala have just started and it include the RefleX for $1 and some other games for a bit more.

http://www.indiegala.com/

And here's a key for Ether Vapor on Steam as I had it previously.

6G87Y-MZRAP-5MNJ4
Mischief Maker

Re: RefleX, Ether Vapor and some others on Indie Gala

Post by Mischief Maker »

sephirothrx7 wrote:Hi, I'm new here. The new indie gala have just started and it include the RefleX for $1 and some other games for a bit more.

http://www.indiegala.com/

And here's a key for Ether Vapor on Steam as I had it previously.

6G87Y-MZRAP-5MNJ4
I liked it better back when humble bundle and its imitators were guaranteed DRM-free. Now all you get is a steam key.

(Cue the steam-isn't-DRM-or-at-least-it-isn't-as-bad-as-Origin apologist stampede)
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
mortified_penguin

Post by mortified_penguin »

One of these days you guys are going to have to stop shaking your canes around and get over Steam. It's really not that big of a deal. Now if bundles were handling out Uplay codes, ok then we can act like victims.
sephirothrx7

Post by sephirothrx7 »

At least Steam is a good gaming platform and I know that all my games are there and I can find them easily.
Now I'm waiting for the soundtrack release, exceed 3rd ost was awesome.
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Got the lower Indiegala tier for Reflex. Already got EVR from Groupees Doujin bundle a while back :) Reflex seems alright so far. A bit on the more difficult side, is my initial impression. I probably still have to get used to the reflection mechanic.
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

Groupees is having a Doujin Bundle 2 that includes a whole slew of shmups:

Exceed 2 and 3,
Kamui,
Armed Seven,

and

Hellsinker! Never thought I'd see the day. Perhaps the devs will finally get some sort of official presence in the West.
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

^ :shock:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah :mrgreen:
VideoGameRescue

Post by VideoGameRescue »

Blattdorf wrote:Groupees is having a Doujin Bundle 2 that includes a whole slew of shmups:

Exceed 2 and 3,
Kamui,
Armed Seven,

and

Hellsinker! Never thought I'd see the day. Perhaps the devs will finally get some sort of official presence in the West.
I missed the first Doujin Bundle. I purchased this one to ensure I do not miss out on this one. I have only ever played the eXceed games in this bundle, so I am excited to try out a couple more. Armed Seven looks pretty fun and Hellsink looks like it will punch me in the throat with difficulty (which I am ok with honestly)
MathU

Post by MathU »

Mischief Maker wrote:I liked it better back when humble bundle and its imitators were guaranteed DRM-free. Now all you get is a steam key.
It really is disgusting being referred back to Steam so you have to agree to their scummy EULA and fowl up your computer with DRM just to download a game. Really taints the illusion that these bundles generally try to put forth that they're on the consumer's side of things.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Observer

Post by Observer »

MathU wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:I liked it better back when humble bundle and its imitators were guaranteed DRM-free. Now all you get is a steam key.
It really is disgusting being referred back to Steam so you have to agree to their scummy EULA and fowl up your computer with DRM just to download a game. Really taints the illusion that these bundles generally try to put forth that they're on the consumer's side of things.
I'm also not much of a fan of Steam but with Steam becoming pretty much "PC gaming" for a huge amount of people it's inevitable.

That aside, PLEASE ask before throwing statements like this: there is a DRM free download for all the games when you buy the bundle and you get DRM-free builds (just a zip file) even for the Steam games.*

Even if you get a Desura key, Desura also provides a DRM-free zip download. You don't even need a client, you can download it via web. So there are options, it's not all Steam...

... it's just that most people act very vocal with anything that isn't Steam.

*Of course, this may probably be an exception as I bet many other bundles have had games where the only option is a Steam key.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Yeah sorry, my comment wasn't necessarily directed at this bundle.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Observer

Post by Observer »

MathU wrote:Yeah sorry, my comment wasn't necessarily directed at this bundle.
Nah, it's all fine. I KNOW Steam inspires this kind of thing because, by now, it really has become a synonym of PC gaming. I keep saying it now and then that "coming to PC" for AAA devs is just "coming to Steam" due to the past of piracy and such. And, of course, with Ikaruga being Greenlit, no japanese pub or dev would think of releasing anywhere outside of Steam. Well, and perhaps GOG.

But, just to be noted, it's good to check just in case the offerings to make sure if they come with a DRM-free build as many DO, just that they don't get it announced because all most people care is about "Game Count Enlargement" (c), that is, increasing the number of "owned" games on Steam, heh.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Blattdorf wrote:Hellsinker! Never thought I'd see the day. Perhaps the devs will finally get some sort of official presence in the West.
Yeah, it's nice to see that brutal little game show up. I already have most of the stuff in this bundle (including a physical copy of Hellsinker), but it's still cool to see someplace giving the genre a little love.
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Ok now Groupees should do a Touhou bundle :lol:
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

ZUN doesn't want to make money on his games, so he won't really do that.

But at the same time it wouldn't kill him to just release the games for free on various platforms. Or have them up for a few bucks and donate the money to a charity of his choice.
sephirothrx7

Post by sephirothrx7 »

Thanks for the tip for the doujin bundle, just got Kamui and alll the others shmups now :D

For the Steam thing, I really dont mind. I can download any of my games at any time, so I dont need to keep physical copies or keeping files on my hard drive. Also some of the games are not really using the steam drm, you can just download the files and use them at anytime without running steam.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

Observer wrote:there is a DRM free download for all the games when you buy the bundle and you get DRM-free builds (just a zip file) even for the Steam games.*
There is? Someone said on IRC a few days ago that there wasn't and the page doesn't mention anything about it.

Kenny is now confused.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Observer

Post by Observer »

Unless I'm blind or they changed it recently, open your Groupees profile:

Click on a game of the bundle. See the text where it says "PC Version"? Ok, click on it. That should be the DRM-free download.
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

I meant the Indie Gala bundle, not Groupees. Groupees I already knew had downloads.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Blattdorf wrote:Groupees is having a Doujin Bundle 2 that includes a whole slew of shmups:

Exceed 2 and 3,
Kamui,
Armed Seven,

and

Next bonus unlock for Groupees Doujin 2 is Suguri Collection, which includes:

- Suguri
- Acceleration of Suguri

Hope the Doujin bundle makes it to 7,500 sales to unlock these. It's moving quite slow.
sephirothrx7

Post by sephirothrx7 »

KennyMan666 wrote:I meant the Indie Gala bundle, not Groupees. Groupees I already knew had downloads.
As far as I know Indie Gala dont provide directly downloads. As someone said, for Desura games you can just register on the site, go to your collection http://www.desura.com/collection , redeem the key and the download the game zip, you dont need desura client.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

heisenbergman wrote:Hope the Doujin bundle makes it to 7,500 sales to unlock these. It's moving quite slow.
I'm sure all the bonuses will unlock, it still has over a week to go.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Wow, they made it to 8,000 bundles sold, so it now includes Princess' Edge, eXceed Gun Bullet Children and the Suguri Collection, plus several OSTs and some other music.

If it hits 9,000 there's more music that will be unlocked.
heisenbergman

Post by heisenbergman »

Disappointed that the last two unlocks were just music... :| but otherwise, Groupees Doujin2 is a really solid bundle!
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Just logged in and discovered they hit 10,000, so Vanguard Princess is unlocked!

Only about 1 day left, this is a frickin' sweet bundle.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Exceed 2 and 3,
Kamui,
Armed Seven,

and

This looks awesome and I should buy it, but I've never used Groupees before. How does this work exactly? I don't see a price anywhere.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

dunpeal2064 wrote:

Exceed 2 and 3,
Kamui,
Armed Seven,

and

This looks awesome and I should buy it, but I've never used Groupees before. How does this work exactly? I don't see a price anywhere.
Sign up for an account using the "Register/Log in with e-mail" choice (you pick a name, put in your e-mail, and make a password). Then you pick at least one of the main non-bonus games, and pay using PayPal, Amazon, or Google Wallet (I'd go with PayPal). Once it's done, you'll have an account, and all your games (or registration codes for Steam and the like) can be gotten from there. It's pretty quick and easy, plus you get multiple versions of some of the games (DRM-free, Steam, and Desura).
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Okay, made an account, looks pretty simple. Just a couple more questions:

Is this basically a "pay what you feel its worth" thing?

It says "build your bundle". So, I get 7 of the bonus items of my choice?
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Okay, made an account, looks pretty simple. Just a couple more questions:

Is this basically a "pay what you feel its worth" thing?

It says "build your bundle". So, I get 7 of the bonus items of my choice?
There's a minimum to pay (in this case, $0.75 a game... less if you take more than two). The bonus games/OSTs are yours as long as you pick at least one of the seven games that doesn't say "Bonus" over it.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Perfect, thanks Coop! Will be enjoying these as soon as I get home :)